Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm Fucking Lost in Boca

Guest LeVeL

Guest JMT

Yeah yeah I know that. Boca is nice, I'll admit. But it is undeniably populated largely by trust fund people, old folk, and spoiled JAPs.

very true. none of which actually work. just clog the streets with their full size luxury cars.

Guest jbit

Yeah yeah I know that. Boca is nice, I'll admit. But it is undeniably populated largely by trust fund people, old folk, and spoiled JAPs.

I'll take that over the poor hatian/cuban/dominican population which predominately makes up miami.

Guest pod

There ya go. See, all you Broward and WPBites are sublimely convinced that the population is poor Hatians, Cubans, and so forth.

Far from the truth actually, much like the bulk of Boca probably isn't JAPs and spoiled trust-funders.

That being said, I'd rather deal with poor Hatians and Cubans. I've found that they are more realistic and honest than your typical plasticized trust fundie driving around in Daddy's SL 500. At least the poor Hatians and Cubans drive their *own* vehicles. ;D

Guest jbit

At least the poor Hatians and Cubans drive their *own* vehicles. ;D

yeah, i saw one of 'em driving my bicycle the other day :-\

Too funny.

Drive around boca for an hour and take in the landscape, buildings, and overall asthetic of the town, then drive to miami (not south beach) and do the same.......sorry holmes, I'll take Boca anyday. Who cares where you neighbor gets his money from.

Boca is no where near as bad as the Worth Ave trust fund crowd of Palm Beach, but it does have its share.

Guest pod

I'll take Miami Beach, where the culture Boca siphons off of started to begin with. Boca is Miami Beach if Ned Flanders ran the joint. Miami Lite if you will. Sanitized and pasturized for the masses at large. 2 AM closing times, give me a break. To quote a good friend of mine "2 AM is for chumps".

Boca is nice and calm, but I couldn't see anyone involved in the lifestyle of nightlife and dance music actually wanting to live there. Raise a family in Boca, sure, but if you're single or dating and crave the active lifestyle, you should be in the Miami area.

Maybe when I'm 60 and burned out from 2000 weekends straight out in nightclubs.

Think Branson Missouri vis a vis Las Vegas. Damn, I used vis a vis in a sentence.

Boca, Riverfront, Mizner Park, Las Olas, they're all the same design wise. Hell, go to the Midwest and you'll find the exact same concepts in housing, shopping, and office space, sans the faux tropical flair. There's probably some big design firm churning out all this stuff from a clustered supercomputer.

Oh, and try going to Miami Beach and the Miami area during the day one time. Art Deco was practically invented here. Miami Modern, invented here. I don't see no styles of design called "Boca Modern" or "Palm Beach Chic" anywhere. Sure, some of the buildings are a bit rough around the edges, but the recently restored hotels and buildings springing up around the county are a good place to start.

I'll take dealing with crackwhores, unstable artists, and shifty nightclub people over dealing with Ms. Steinberg and her snooty brood any day of the week. Unless Ms. Steinberg is a super-MILF and wants a thorough rogering.

Guest bode

boca east is something to talk about. other than that anything west than jog is nothing to write home to mom. boca has old money, but not like west palm islands or miami islands or even las olas area. dont get me wrong money is in boca and a good part of palm beach, but its the same throughout broward and dade. i should know im a property appraiser. lol most of boca west is average people living over there heads.

oh and even though i live in palm beach and got a place in broward to split time in. my destination is miami and im not cuban or hatian. lol

Guest durrtylexx

Eh, we all have opinions. I enjoy living in Boca and playing in Miami. I think the keeping the two seperate and knowing you have a long drive home helps you keep your sanity.

werd, same thing with Weston..I close enough yet far away from Miami...i can play and rest..

Guest ddg

So once I get to my destination which was Washington Mutual' date=' there are nothing but Al-Qaeda bank tellers....yes of all places boca. So the Alqaeda bank tellers asks me for I.D., shiiiiiiiiiit I should be asking him for I.D. since he's working in a bank with a name like Greg Andersen.

[/quote']

thats the funniest thing you have ever said.....and for some reason i cant stop laughing.........when i went to dwyer, one of our biggest rivals were spanish river....... :P

Guest LeVeL

So once I get to my destination which was Washington Mutual, there are nothing but Al-Qaeda bank tellers....yes of all places boca. So the Alqaeda bank tellers asks me for I.D., shiiiiiiiiiit I should be asking him for I.D. since he's working in a bank with a name like Greg Andersen.

thats the funniest thing you have ever said.....and for some reason i cant stop laughing.........when i went to dwyer, one of our biggest rivals were spanish river....... :P

LOL.....yo you should of seen it... ;D

ps..Its the Washington Mutual in Gables and St Andrews