Clubplanet Nightlife Community

R.I.P. ODB (Ol' Dirty Bastard)

Guest rollyp66

Guest LeVeL

I'll probably piss in the street right after I drink just to keep it dirty like you did.

LOL! you're such a dork :P

R.I.P ODB

Hey got to keep it real... ;)

eso es cosa de un cubano wannabe

LOL...deja eso descarada. Oye te tengo algo pa'ti... ;D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tres-b

drugs man i am telling you

There is no doubt about it.

Based on who it was, I say crack.

I' mactually sure he was clean... since getting out of the clink. I am very well connected in the hip-hop industry, I found out he passed about 5:30-6 PM that night. I wasn't on the news until late evening.

Better talk to those connections in the industry.

Autopsy: O.D.B. death an accidental overdose

Associated Press

NEW YORK — The death of rapper O.D.B. was deemed an accident by the medical examiner, who said Wednesday that he died from the combined effects of cocaine and a prescription painkiller.

O.D.B., whose legal name was Russell Jones, died at a Manhattan recording studio Nov. 13 "as a result of intoxication" by cocaine and the painkiller Tramadol, said Ellen Borakove, a spokeswoman for the New York City medical examiner's office.

"The manner of death is an accident," she said.

O.D.B. complained of chest pains before collapsing at the studio, and was dead by the time paramedics reached him. He was just days short of his 36th birthday.

O.D.B., also known as Ol' Dirty Bastard, was a founding member of the rap group the Wu-Tang Clan.

With his unorthodox delivery — alternately slurred, hyper and nonsensical — O.D.B. stood out even in the nine-man Clan, and as a solo artist he released hit singles such as "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" and "Got Your Money."

He had been working on a comeback album after finishing a prison sentence for drug possession and escaping a rehab clinic.

O.D.B. was the latest in a string of rappers to meet an untimely death, among them Jam Master Jay of Run DMC, who was fatally shot in late 2002, and Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur, who were both shot to death in the late 1990s. Those killings remain unsolved.

Guest LeVeL

I was jamming to ODB's first Solo Album on Saturday night wow number 6 still gives me chills yo. Great drinking Album, great album to hype you up while driving to the club or to slap a nigga up.

Guest skylar14

The death of rapper O.D.B. was deemed an accident by the medical examiner, who said Wednesday that he died from the combined effects of cocaine and a prescription painkiller.

how does this become an accident when you start mixing drugs?! ???

Guest r3nz0

The death of rapper O.D.B. was deemed an accident by the medical examiner, who said Wednesday that he died from the combined effects of cocaine and a prescription painkiller.

Maybe he meant to take cocaine and heroin instead.

Everyone knows prescription painkillers are bad for you.

Guest skylar14

Maybe he meant to take cocaine and heroin instead.

Everyone knows prescription painkillers are bad for you.

duh!! silly me...i shouldve thought of that