Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Doc Martin @Crobar

Bling

Andrew Chibale said it best on a thread on CJ when he stated: "IT's all about the locals". Tonite was definitly about the locals as they put on a hell of a show at Crobar, with Doc Martin unfortunately disapointing.

I arrived around 11 pm. Got my two drink tickets at the door and walked in. Got the usual Vodka tonics and headed upstairs.

The decorations at Crobar on this night were simple. Multicolored balls of varying sizes hanging over the club. Over the main room bar there was a huge banner tied up and a group of balls in the center all clustered together.

Ani Phearce set

Ani delieverd a smooth opening set. I was there for quite a while alone behind the booth just enjoying the music until the first board members arrived. (James and Annette).

IT was a pleasure to finally meet and speak to Ani (who recognized me right away :) ). He then gave me, James and Annette a drink ticket each...

Some of the tracks Ani dropped were:(thanks to the track ID god Ramon for these)

1) - Coldplay - God Put a Smile on Your Face

2) Jose Nunez - Billingual (Subliminal)

3) Kings of Tommorow - Finally

4) Mylo - Drop The Pressure (Breastfed)

5) Britney Spears-Toxic ... btw love the song....

6) - Max Linen - Flashback (Phonetic)

Great set and excellent setup for Doc Martin.

Doc Martin set.

By the time Doc took the decks at 1 the club was semi packed. It never really got crowded ever behind the dj booth even during his set. He arrived with his girlfriend or wife and took over the reigns.

I went up to him and told him how I heard great things about his set at Nerve and was looking foward to his set tonite. (Got a pic as well with him)

His set was completely lacking any soul this nite. IT had no energy. The vibe was lacking. Not many were dancing at all on the main room floor.

I know he is a fantastic House DJ but tonite was not his nite.

THe set was mostly techy .. and had a "big room " house feel to it. Nothing really funky deep to it at all. Best way to describe it was it sounded "gritty"

One thing I will commend him on his he is truly a Purist at heart. His entire set..... was on vinyl......... I havent seen that in a long time...... :)

During his set, Ramon came in along with Miriam and her friend Janelle. Also in attendance was Sammy (Southside). Ramon agreed with me that his set was lacking. He informed me that it sounded nothing like his set at Nerve which was mostly Deep house.

At 3 am his set ended. Only a 2 hr set..next up Ralph Falcon.

Ralph Falcon set

Shocking as this may seem, this is the first time I have ever heard Ralph Falcon spin at any club. I have only previously heard him once at the Party 93.1 4th of July blast (but that doesnt count)

WHAT THE HELL TOOK ME SO LONG TO HEAR THIS MAN!!! HE OWNED THE FRIGGIN PLACE. The crowd was quickly taken off life support and just went nuts. I wont even mention tracks because that would be a disservice to the continuity and "sickness" to his set. He just dropped bombs non stop for 2 hrs. Everyone was dancing their asses off. I thought Ramon was going to have an embelysm at one point fist pumping and screaming . He even went downstairs to dance on the dance floor . :o

Ralph was da man................

During Ralph's set, it was a pleasure to finally speak to Emi Guerra(one of Crobar's owners) at length for the first time. All nite long Emi was trying to get me drunk LOL. First with jagerbomb then with shots. LOL ..... I reluctantly held back because I had to drive ugh!!!

We had a great discussion about the business aspect of clubs which was very informative. Then he said to me "you like taking pics with hot girls huh? So then he grabbed me and brought me to his two best looking waitresses. These girls were freakin playmate style knockouts. Got a pic with both of em of course..... Thanks again Emi for being such a great host....... Oh btw Emi was she able to sell that bottle? LOL

Overall, I had a great time..... The locals delievered big time...... this entire weekend !!!

Guest ramon

bling welcome to track id schoool.

Some of the tracks Ani dropped were:(pardon me for the lack of actual track names.... )

1) "I put a smile upon your face" track. (male vocals..... in lots of Paul Oakenfold sets I have heard)

- Coldplay - God Put a Smile on Your Face

2) Track that goes "You fucking me makes me bilingual" (sickkkkkkkkkk)

- Jose Nunez - Billingual (Subliminal)

3) Track that the lust guys play a lot "Time marches by.... Neverending" (phil id this one for me LOL)

- Kings of Tommorow - Finally

4) "Motherfucker gonna drop the pressure" track.

- Mylo - Drop The Pressure (Breastfed)

5) Britney Spears-Toxic (yay i Id'ed one)... btw love the song....

6) "Flashback" Track (one where there is a male vocal talking about goin up to his room or something"

- Max Linen - Flashback (Phonetic)

Doc was alright, but not what I expected from hit at all .. some tougher techy grooves most of the night and he hinted a bit at acid. However Ralph came on at 3am and just fuckin leveled the place. I hadn't heard since wmc and that was probably a bad thing. 516 acid continues to do the business down here in miami .. if your dj isn't playing it tell him to pick up the clue phone on aisle 9. it was vocal city in a good way , world in my eyes remix , be yourself , rhumba magic!!!

all in all a great night at crobar .. i gotta make it back for more than just an hour of ralph's set.

Guest slamminshaun

It was my first time at Crobar. My buddy's birthday at home ended up a disaster, so we grew a wild hair, called up my new best friend CrzyC ;) who helped us get hooked up down there, and made the three hour drive to South Beach. I got there right when Doc Martin got on. I honestly thought he must've been the guy opening for Doc Martin, because I was thinking there's no way a headliner at Crobar could be this bad. His mixes were absoluetly disgraceful. I heard "shoes in the dryer" most of his set. Despite Doc Martin interfering with my good time, overall it was ok. I can see where if the place was packed and you had a good set, it would be HOT!!

The place never was as busy as I had imagined it would be. The decor wasn't all that impressive as I had seen online. I guess the problem was, my expectations were so high based on threads I've read here and pictures I've seen online. I hope that this was just a fluke because I'd love to go back, as long as Martin isn't on the decks. My friend and I cut out of there about 3:30, after the music started to improve (Falcone saved that guy's ass). Unfortunately, my friend's mind was made up about EDM (this was his first time going to an EDM club believe it or not). He wanted to finish his b-day blowin' five-spots at Goldrush, sluggin' shots of Jager, and bouncin' to hip-hop like "normal" people. I couldn't even drag him across the street to Space for AfterHours he had such a bad experience at Crobar. Oh well....I'll see you bitches Wed night at Space for PVD!!

Guest ddg

bling welcome to track id schoool.

Some of the tracks Ani dropped were:(pardon me for the lack of actual track names.... )

1) "I put a smile upon your face" track. (male vocals..... in lots of Paul Oakenfold sets I have heard)

2) Track that goes "You fucking me makes me bilingual" (sickkkkkkkkkk)

- Jose Nunez - Billingual (Subliminal)

3) Track that the lust guys play a lot "Time marches by.... Neverending" (phil id this one for me LOL)

- Kings of Tommorow - Finally

4) "Motherfucker gonna drop the pressure" track.

- Mylo - Drop The Pressure (Breastfed)

5) Britney Spears-Toxic (yay i Id'ed one)... btw love the song....

6) "Flashback" Track (one where there is a male vocal talking about goin up to his room or something"

- Max Linen - Flashback (Phonetic)

Doc was alright, but not what I expected from hit at all .. some tougher techy grooves most of the night and he hinted a bit at acid. However Ralph came on at 3am and just fuckin leveled the place. I hadn't heard since wmc and that was probably a bad thing. 516 acid continues to do the business down here in miami .. if your dj isn't playing it tell him to pick up the clue phone on aisle 9. it was vocal city in a good way , world in my eyes remix , be yourself , rhumba magic!!!

all in all a great night at crobar .. i gotta make it back for more than just an hour of ralph's set.

ralph has been great the past couple of times i have seen him..."world in my eyes" is on fire....

Guest Diaga

HERNAN CATTANEO REMIX ;D

Guest LeVeL

That Ani Fearce was awesome...I was feeling his set more than Doc Martin. I could of listened to the guy all night long. But overall it was a great night of House Music no complaints on my part. Had a lots of fun 8) and for the first time the bartenders at Crobar were putting so much liquor in my drinks that I was loving it. I dont care if my drink taste nasty as long as it got 80% of alcohol in it then I'm happy. And Patrons is for sissy's....that shit doesn't get me drunk.......time to step up your games. ;D

Guest ddg

Patrons is for sissy's....that shit doesn't get me drunk.......time to step up your games. ;D

come up to delux on wednesday....tell vaughan that u think patron is for sissy's..take some shots..and more shots..and i guarantee you'll be stumbling......its time for you to bring your game....to delux kid ::);)

Guest LeVeL

I HATE TEQUILLA..That craps blacks me out..NO THANK YOU..Level bro, Tequilla is no joke..

A couple of weeks ago I drank Tequila shots, back to back to back after three shots it had me a buzzed up but after 20 minutes...the buzz was gone. I was also drinking Hennessy on the rocks after the shots...and nothing. The last couple of weeks I feel immune to getting drunk or something. I speak for myself...hell if Tequila Shots rock your world then its good for you...but for me there is nothing like Whiskey or Couvesier.

I am not saying this to make myself look bad....nigga I can drink and when it comes to hard liquor thats my specialty. I have outdrank 40 year old men....I probably dont look like much of a drinker but I am the type that keep drinking and rinking and drinking. Every weekend I drink a bottle of whiskey...Tequila Shots aren't a biggie to me.

Guest durrtylexx

I HATE TEQUILLA..That craps blacks me out..NO THANK YOU..Level bro' date=' Tequilla is no joke..

[/quote']

A couple of weeks ago I drank Tequila shots, back to back to back after three shots it had me a buzzed up but after 20 minutes...the buzz was gone. I was also drinking Hennessy on the rocks after the shots...and nothing. The last couple of weeks I feel immune to getting drunk or something. I speak for myself...hell if Tequila Shots rock your world then its good for you...but for me there is nothing like Whiskey or Couvesier.

I am not saying this to make myself look bad....nigga I can drink and when it comes to hard liquor thats my specialty. I have outdrank 40 year old men....I probably dont look like much of a drinker but I am the type that keep drinking and rinking and drinking. Every weekend I drink a bottle of whiskey...Tequila Shots aren't a biggie to me.

I dont want to sound like a grand pa, but I'm not much of a drinker anymore..The other night I went to the Ale House and got wasted on Miller Lite..When I was younger, my buddies and I would down a bottle, prior to entering a club..I drank anything, Brugal, Hennesey, Chivas (my favorite), Kettle or whatever..I can drink shot after shot of yager, but when it comes to Tequilla, NO THANK YOU..My alcohol tollerence has dropped significantly, and I dont mind.

Guest LeVeL

I dont want to sound like a grand pa, but I'm not much of a drinker anymore..The other night I went to the Ale House and got wasted on Miller Lite..When I was younger, my buddies and I would down a bottle, prior to entering a club..I drank anything, Brugal, Hennesey, Chivas (my favorite), Kettle or whatever..I can drink shot after shot of yager, but when it comes to Tequilla, NO THANK YOU..My alcohol tollerence has dropped significantly, and I dont mind.

I agree after so much drinking there is only so much you can drink anymore. But I been drinking since I was 14...so it isn't like I started yesterday either. But its all good. I bet after drinking all those Miller Lite you were pissing like a water fountain..I hate drinking beer cause of those reasons.

Guest durrtylexx

I dont want to sound like a grand pa' date=' but I'm not much of a drinker anymore..The other night I went to the Ale House and got wasted on Miller Lite..When I was younger, my buddies and I would down a bottle, prior to entering a club..I drank anything, Brugal, Hennesey, Chivas (my favorite), Kettle or whatever..I can drink shot after shot of yager, but when it comes to Tequilla, NO THANK YOU..My alcohol tollerence has dropped significantly, and I dont mind.

[/quote']

I agree after so much drinking there is only so much you can drink anymore. But I been drinking since I was 14...so it isn't like I started yesterday either. But its all good. I bet after drinking all those Miller Lite you were pissing like a water fountain..I hate drinking beer cause of those reasons.

bro I'm Colombian, I don't remember when I started drinking.,My mom probably gave me aguardiente instead of milk... ;)

Guest web_norah

That Ani Fearce was awesome...I was feeling his set more than Doc Martin. I could of listened to the guy all night long. But overall it was a great night of House Music no complaints on my part. Had a lots of fun 8) and for the first time the bartenders at Crobar were putting so much liquor in my drinks that I was loving it. I dont care if my drink taste nasty as long as it got 80% of alcohol in it then I'm happy. And Patrons is for sissy's....that shit doesn't get me drunk.......time to step up your games. ;D

Patron is shit, if you want real tequila there is Don Julio, which isnt even sold in most nightspots. that never gives you a hangover.

Guest fairyDust

Doc Martin was good, but RP was waay better...aside from the candle incident at the bar :o :-X.....I had a very fun night, and the drinks were slammin! ;D oh yeah and the opening dj was pretty good, wouldn't mind seeing him more often at Crobar..

btw...Sash, thanx 4 hooking it up 8)

Guest fairyDust

damn ur all hiding from me..... :'(

Danny, I never went by the dj booth....I was in the dance floor most of the night ;D

Sorry I missed you :-\

damn ur all hiding from me..... :'(

Danny, I never went by the dj booth....I was in the dance floor most of the night ;D

Sorry I missed you :-\

i was tired as shit from the nite before at la covacha (sickest party in a long time) i was sitting behind doc all nite bored by his set. until ralph came on then i went to the dance floor and went nuts

Guest fairyDust

i was tired as shit from the nite before at la covacha (sickest party in a long time) i was sitting behind doc all nite bored by his set. until ralph came on then i went to the dance floor and went nuts

I liked DM's set....he played better at Nerve last time he was here though....but it was still good :)

Patron is shit, if you want real tequila there is Don Julio, which isnt even sold in most nightspots. that never gives you a hangover.

i drink patron silver...never gives me a hangover...if i drink jose cuervo id feel like total shit the next day...if Don Julio never existed everyone would praise the highest $$$ tequila thinking the more u spend the smoother it goes down, than patron would be the shit and everything else would just be "shit"...that goes to any liquor...unfortunatelly alot of minds think like that...

im latin myself but i cant handle whiskey like some of u crazy ppl...brazilian ppl drink that shit like water, i cant even take a sip :-X

Guest LeVeL

damn luis wtf were u i was everywhere that nite behind the booth and 3rd floor most of nite

I was al over the place...I cant stay in one spot.. ;D

Guest web_norah

i drink patron silver...never gives me a hangover...if i drink jose cuervo id feel like total shit the next day...if Don Julio never existed everyone would praise the highest $$$ tequila thinking the more u spend the smoother it goes down, than patron would be the shit and everything else would just be "shit"...that goes to any liquor...unfortunatelly alot of minds think like that...

im latin myself but i cant handle whiskey like some of u crazy ppl...brazilian ppl drink that shit like water, i cant even take a sip :-X

well drinking and whoever can handle more liquor isnt the point i was trying to make about Don Julio, obviously, you drink to get waisted and not enjoy what you actually sip on....