Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Downtown Miami renovation question

Guest trippcocktail

Guest trippcocktail

Posted this as my last question in my introduction post, however I really need to get some feedback from people living in the Miami area on this one.

With all the renovation going on in downtown Miami and residential construction do you think it will be help or be a hinderance to the bar/club/lounge scene for that area in the next few years? (Actually hotel places aside, is their a scene there at all?) I can see the pro's and con's of both just want someone from the area's opinion.

Guest james stratus

downtown will be the future of the entertainment life in miami, give it a few years

I completely agree, but it is also another sign of greedy developers. I only wish I could afford a condo only a block away from a crack house on Biscayne. :P

Guest barstar diana

dont worry i think u will be able to afford one soon the real estate bubble in miami will burst very soon--because wilth all the construction developers are going to be competing hevaily for your money--and ya downtown will be the spot in a few years i agree--but the beach is still the beach...thats for sure ;D ;D

Guest pod

The Beach is still the Beach, but in the future you'll have a 2 AM closing time and the place will resemble Riverfront in Fort Lauderdale.

I should get paid by the government to promote Downtown Miami.

For one thing, it is all preplanned. Clubs here, museums there, and condos over there. Some people bring up the noise complaints, but like I've said before, Space has had outdoor parties for five years now, and there has not been a single complaint despite the big apartment tower right nearby. Again, you can't hear the club until you are right on top of it. The other clubs are/will be all indoors, and Nocturnal's patio is pretty isolated sound wise.

This time around, the clubs are truly there first, and have a leg to stand on.

The Beach is still the Beach, but in the future you'll have a 2 AM closing time and the place will resemble Riverfront in Fort Lauderdale.

I should get paid by the government to promote Downtown Miami.

For one thing, it is all preplanned. Clubs here, museums there, and condos over there. Some people bring up the noise complaints, but like I've said before, Space has had outdoor parties for five years now, and there has not been a single complaint despite the big apartment tower right nearby. Again, you can't hear the club until you are right on top of it. The other clubs are/will be all indoors, and Nocturnal's patio is pretty isolated sound wise.

This time around, the clubs are truly there first, and have a leg to stand on.

I think it is likely that the Beach goes with an "entertainment district" and passes legislation accordingly. If that comes to pass, then there would be no 2am closing times.

The biggest challenge right now is where to place the boundries. That decision could cause some businesses to close and others to flourish... not to mention Real Estate prices to jump even higher (or in some cases lower)...

Guest bode

dont worry i think u will be able to afford one soon the real estate bubble in miami will burst very soon--because wilth all the construction developers are going to be competing hevaily for your money--and ya downtown will be the spot in a few years i agree--but the beach is still the beach...thats for sure ;D ;D

the real estate market down there might slow as interest rates continue to move up, but i see no signs of the market loosing value. it will just slow down. u wont see hotel and condo conversions on every corner and u wont see as much of ground breaking construction on the residential side. miami market is on the move up, it's undervalued in comparison to other major markets. get in now on preconstruction secure a unit with a minimum down.

Guest mp3some

the real estate market down there might slow as interest rates continue to move up, but i see no signs of the market loosing value. it will just slow down. u wont see hotel and condo conversions on every corner and u wont see as much of ground breaking construction on the residential side. miami market is on the move up, it's undervalued in comparison to other major markets. get in now on preconstruction secure a unit with a minimum down.

Exactly.. Took the words off my mouth.. or keyboard, rather...

You hit the nail on the head. ;)

Guest coach

I agree that the bubble will burst, but it won't be that soon. Probably 5 years for Miami Beach, and maybe 10 for downtown, depending on how heavily it is overdeveloped. However, we could avoid that altogether if the fucking commissioners weren't such greedy bastards and gave into every developer that waved a check.

the real estate market down there might slow as interest rates continue to move up, but i see no signs of the market loosing value. it will just slow down. u wont see hotel and condo conversions on every corner and u wont see as much of ground breaking construction on the residential side.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. It is already starting. It's already ruining the Beach, and it'll happen to downtown. Somehow the developers always get their way.

miami market is on the move up, it's undervalued in comparison to other major markets. get in now on preconstruction secure a unit with a minimum down.

This is surprisingly true, despite all the complaining to the contrary. I did not realize it until recently. But compared to other really cosmopolitan cities, Miami, and even Miami Beach, is very inexpensive. Look for a condo in NYC, or Wash DC, LA, Boston, etc, and you will be paying a lot more. Only backward places like Dallas and Cleveland are less expensive.

Guest bode

the real estate market down there might slow as interest rates continue to move up, but i see no signs of the market loosing value. it will just slow down. u wont see hotel and condo conversions on every corner and u wont see as much of ground breaking construction on the residential side.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. It is already starting. It's already ruining the Beach, and it'll happen to downtown. Somehow the developers always get their way.

it really has nothing to do with developers. right now its a sellers market and as long as rates stay low that will continue. i was just down there yesterday and did six new construction condo's all conversions. its all over the street corners, but there is a heavy market for it. rates rise, it will slow, it will become a buyers market.

Guest bode

a buyers market does not mean that property will loose value. just means developers will not be 98% sold out b4 they break ground or homeowners wont be selling their property for more than an asking price in less than a week. but then again foremost part predicting a market is based on assumptions. so who knows?? i assume that's what ur talking about im lost. lol :P