Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question To My Fellow DJ's

Guest obby

Guest obby

Have any of you ever oppertunity to use the rotart adio mixer by Gemini called the CS-19r (-32dB cut feature)

I know that when it comes to rotart mixers Rane is the way to go but I ran into this Gemini that sounds somewhat resonable but wanted to get more feedback from some of us who have used it before.

Click Here For Details

Have any of you fellow DJ's have the pleasure of using this mixer in the past?

Have any of you ever opportunity to use the rotary audio mixer by Gemini called the CS-19r (-32dB cut feature)

I know that when it comes to rotary mixers Rane is the way to go but I ran into this Gemini that sounds somewhat reasonable but wanted to get more feedback from some of us who have used it before.

Click Here For Details

Anyone?

Bueler?

Bueler?

Bueler?

Have any of you ever oppertunity to use the rotart adio mixer by Gemini called the CS-19r (-32dB cut feature)

I know that when it comes to rotart mixers Rane is the way to go but I ran into this Gemini that sounds somewhat resonable but wanted to get more feedback from some of us who have used it before.

Click Here For Details

Have any of you ever opportunity to use the rotary audio mixer by Gemini called the CS-19r (-32dB cut feature)

I know that when it comes to rotary mixers Rane is the way to go but I ran into this Gemini that sounds somewhat reasonable but wanted to get more feedback from some of us who have used it before.

Click Here For Details

Anyone?

Bueler?

Bueler?

Bueler?

Dude I haven't used a Gemini in a long time but that looks like a nice mixer what's the price? It's not a Rane but if it is cheap then it might be interesting.

Guest obby

$400

I hear ya bro. I myself am a Rane and Roland junkie but ran into this one and it has left me curious. Not to many reviews floating around on the web so I though I would hit up my fellow wax heads.

;D

$400

I hear ya bro. I myself am a Rane and Roland junkie but ran into this one and it has left me curious. Not to many reviews floating around on the web so I though I would hit up my fellow wax heads.

;D

Very nice price. My only concern is it's still a Gemini I have owned a few Gemini mixers in the past and they all broke on me. I would like to hear some reviews if you find any.

Guest lyrik

$400

;D

Very nice price. My only concern is it's still a Gemini I have owned a few Gemini mixers in the past and they all broke on me. I would like to hear some reviews if you find any.

I've always had bad experiences with gemini...and there doesn't seem to be much of a difference in specs from the fader model compared to the rotary. I would pass on this.

Guest obby

Yeah, the only Gemini products that have given me zero issues have been their amps.

I'll wait a little more before making up my mind. Lets give it a little more time in hope that others have feed back regarding this mixer.

I WANT A NEW ROTARY MIXER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

You get what you pay for. Vestax has some good rotary mixers and mixers that you can replace the slide faders with rotary knobs. And Vestax mixers won't break your bank either. Well I guess that depends on the model as well...lol

Gemini mixers aren't made very well and if you have heavy DJ hands then it won't last very long even at home...

Guest pod

Terry speaks the truth. No professional install that I know of uses Gemini anything. Even Vestax is questionable. Rane and Pioneer products are just engineered for getting beat up. ;D

I would give Stanton mixers a look too. The VRM-10 has swappable rotary/linear faders, but the VRM-10 is very expensive.

The truth about mixers....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it all depends on the price you are paying for it...

If is sounds better than the price go for it (it's a back up piece anyway)

and their's not many affordabe quality rotoraries...

People believe that Pioneer is soo much better the the rest and honestly they all come from the same sweat shops in Asia (pioneer DJ division & Stanton have the same internal components.. Numark & Gemini come literally from the same factory for mixer & CD products)...

Now A&H and RANE do most of their own assembly and spec a higer quality part (pending on the model #) Not all RANE's & A&H's are great. Most are overpriced because they say everything is made in USA or U.K. but a lot of their parts are made in ASIA.

I know this for fact because I e-mail these same factories and manufacturers daily... and visit their trade shows annually.

FYI: I have a mixer design coming out in around March/April. which addresses many of the concerns that I and many other DJ's have had with other products. And once you hear it and the FX there's an obvious difference that the audio quality and features are better the competition (and it's cheaper). 8)

Guest james stratus

Looks like a great deal for a rotary mixer, but it is still a Gemini which is a crap shoot for quality. I still have my now 7-8 year old Gemini 3 channel which some here have played on and it still works perfect with only one crossfader replacement over time. Although I will have to say that if you really want a rotary save up for a Rane.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Looks like a great deal for a rotary mixer, but it is still a Gemini which is a crap shoot for quality. I still have my now 7-8 year old Gemini 3 channel which some here have played on and it still works perfect with only one crossfader replacement over time. Although I will have to say that if you really want a rotary save up for a Rane.

Wow you've had a working Gemini for 7-8 years? Did you keep it in a glass box and operate the slides with tweazers and never let it red line? LOL

Guest Adam Singer

get a rotary allen and heath if you want a rotary...

think of this anaology...

gemini is to toyota

as

pioneer is to bmw

as

allen and heath is to ferrari

why would you want to drive a toyota? why would you want to mix on a gemini? its just a toy, get a real peice of performance gear!

Guest obby

I have the Rane already and nothing comes close to it. The fact that it has a "full kill" on the EQ is what got someone like me (who 99.9% of the time mixes with the EQ's) to invest in the Rane.

The Stanton RM 100 can convert to a rotary but the -26dB has me saying "NO" to this one (I need at leaste -32dB).

http://topdjgear.com/stanton-rm-100.html

This Behringer VMX1000 caught my attention cause of the -32dB EQ kill and the price looks even better but I haven't hear too much about Behringers.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=dj/s=mixers/search/bigpid/base_id/112029/

Same goes for this Behringer. Nice features, Cool FX features, -32dB but Behringer ??

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=dj/s=mixers/search/bigpid/base_id/106343/

Rotary, -32dB EQ kill but GEMINI ?? :-\

http://www.123dj.com/mixers/gemini/cs19r.html

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggg

I know that A&H and Rane are the way to go but.......I already went through that "investment" mission.

Guest JMT

get a rotary allen and heath if you want a rotary...

think of this anaology...

gemini is to toyota

as

pioneer is to bmw

as

allen and heath is to ferrari

why would you want to drive a toyota? why would you want to mix on a gemini? its just a toy, get a real peice of performance gear!

what kind of car is a vestax?

Guest saintjohn

urei is re-releasing the 1620 soon. no eq kills, of course, but you could add an isolator on the main outputs for vintage bonus points. more headroom than rane, vestax, and gemini put together.

Guest james stratus

Wow you've had a working Gemini for 7-8 years? Did you keep it in a glass box and operate the slides with tweazers and never let it red line? LOL

hehe yeah.. It's gotten me through rough times when my original turntables gave up on me a long time ago. It has traveled back and forth between Miami and NJ quite a few times and has made it through numerous house parties from here to there. It has mainly sat in my closet for the past few years since I traded up to my Vestax, which is of course light years ahead of the old Gemini which I only go back to for neccesity (i.e it fits in the coffin at the hotel and it's no big deal if it gets messed up :P) .

Obby; Are you just looking at the Gemini as something to play around with? If so then why not! but if you already have a Rane then ....?

Guest andrew_thomas

why the fuck was my post deleted??

CJ is on some shadey fuckin bullshit u asshole mods need to quit deleting everything

as i said

gemini sux i would never buy them

but if anyone is interested i am selling a rane 2016 with the XP

Guest demo909

I wouldn't by anything from Gemini....it's priced cheap for a reason. I've played on several rotary mixers. Although my personal pref. is for the Urei....Rane and Pioneers are like Pod said built for punishment. I'd go with a Pioneer for home use or the The VRM-10 from stanton (even though it is expensive....but it's the bomb) I got the VRM last year for my home mixer and I love it

Guest swirlundergrounder

I don't know what you're talking about, but cram it already. Our board, our rules. Deal with it.

You should delete that last post for the hell of it.... :(

Guest andrew_thomas

I don't know what you're talking about, but cram it already. Our board, our rules. Deal with it.

my post was deleted

fuck the stupid rule sof this board, the MODs dont even follow the rules they just wanna act superior to them. this a message forum right where people are allowed to post at free wil?

well then why the hell do u guys delete every lil thing that gets posted

thats just retarded

u guys probably delete dmy post because im "spaming" that im sellign a mixer..

well the topic is on rotatry mixers and i just so happened to be selling mine and this is the PERFECT place to post it

and its not spaming

Guest swirlundergrounder

my post was deleted

fuck the stupid rule sof this board, the MODs dont even follow the rules they just wanna act superior to them. this a message forum right where people are allowed to post at free wil?

well then why the hell do u guys delete every lil thing that gets posted

thats just retarded

u guys probably delete dmy post because im "spaming" that im sellign a mixer..

well the topic is on rotatry mixers and i just so happened to be selling mine and this is the PERFECT place to post it

and its not spaming

You can sell stuff on this board. I've advertised here before. Maybe if you didn't call people a%*holes or whatevr you'd get a better response.

It's also possible that your post didn't originally go through unless you saw it up and it all of a sudden dissapeared. The MOD's will let you know if there's somekind of problem. They don't just run an hide. If they say they knew nothing about your post then you can pretty much be assured that they knew nothing about what happened to it. If they deleted it because they had an issue about it, they would let you know for sure..Trust me......

Guest andrew_thomas

trust me i dont run around cursing people

i saw my post then it dissappeared!!

they are always deleting my stuff that isnt right!!

i dont really care to curse out mods its a free country lol

besides these bastards know who i am i see them every weekend lol

Guest swirlundergrounder

trust me i dont run around cursing people

i saw my post then it dissappeared!!

they are always deleting my stuff that isnt right!!

i dont really care to curse out mods its a free country lol

besides these bastards know who i am i see them every weekend lol

OK. you're off the hook..... :P