Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THREE IN ORLANDO THIS FRIDAY

Guest somefiercehouse

Guest slamminshaun

I like Knock Knock since they redid it....I was there the night before Halloween (later on hit up Skye and Zinc Bar) Much more house in Orlando then what I remember, thank God. It used to be breakbeat central....bleh

not to mess w/ ur thread up but ive given up on orlando...id rather stay home than deal w/ downtown's 100,000,000 up the ass cops, "no jay walking bs" this and that...harass u every corner, i thought dc and miami was bad...when DD came to the house of blues that was kewl, but other than that...i'll stay home and watch a good comedy

props to the party

Guest somefiercehouse

I agree with both of you...and I'll be the first to admit that I cannot stand Orlando. But it's not often we have good djs come around, so when we do it's feast or famine. So i'm undoin my belt, tuckin in my bib...and gettin ready to feast.

On another note, I liked knock knock better before they redid it. I feel it's lost a lot of the vibe it had going on. Orlando needs another wanna-be hot spot for wanna-be hot people like it needs another theme park.

Guest 0crystal0

it is a great weekend in orlando!

Dave Christopher from RITM is doing a DJ set at Firestone Thursday and then Three on Friday. Itis almost enough to make me go up for the weekend

not to mess w/ ur thread up but ive given up on orlando...id rather stay home than deal w/ downtown's 100,000,000 up the ass cops, "no jay walking bs" this and that...harass u every corner, i thought dc and miami was bad...when DD came to the house of blues that was kewl, but other than that...i'll stay home and watch a good comedy

props to the party

DJ Three tore up Blue at the last Unrestricted party on May 23rd, 2004... pretty sick dj! They should have had him play at Sky60 or The Social, not Knock Knocks, IMO. ;D

Guest ramon

props to the party

DJ Three tore up Blue at the last Unrestricted party on May 23rd, 2004... pretty sick dj! They should have had him play at Sky60 or The Social, not Knock Knocks, IMO. ;D

yeah Three was amazing .. i think he even opened up a few people's musical tastes :)

8)

oh how i miss my party :(

Guest slamminshaun

He is usually at AKA lounge. don't think i have ever seen him at sky60.

Well, they need somebody at Skye60. Last time I was there, everything was fine. Good house music, good vibe....then Good God!! All of a sudden, Freestyle music!! WTF??? So we packed up our shit, and headed to Zinc Bar. The vibe there was cool. Good tunes....the usual shit....Call on Me, FlashDance, etc....but then around 2am, the guy started playing Southern Sun, Lethal Industry, then to make matters worse, Orlando Funky Breaks. Let's just say he lost the crowd at Lethal Industry....House is where its at right now!!! Breaks are dead, and trance only works when the big dj's come to town....

Guest 0crystal0

He is usually at AKA lounge. don't think i have ever seen him at sky60.

Well' date=' they need somebody at Skye60. Last time I was there, everything was fine. Good house music, good vibe....then Good God!! All of a sudden, Freestyle music!! WTF??? So we packed up our shit, and headed to Zinc Bar. The vibe there was cool. Good tunes....the usual shit....Call on Me, FlashDance, etc....but then around 2am, the guy started playing Southern Sun, Lethal Industry, then to make matters worse, Orlando Funky Breaks. Let's just say he lost the crowd at Lethal Industry....House is where its at right now!!! Breaks are dead, and trance only works when the big dj's come to town....

[/quote']

very true. I heard zinc bar is pretty good lately. Haven't been back there yet. May have to check it outy over xmas vaca since i will be back in town for awhile

Guest somefiercehouse

Zinc Bar plays some decent stuff for Orlando...I just don't like the crowd there very much....same with Sky60. The last time I saw Three was at The Social and it was GREAT! AKA Lounge would have been fun. Knock Knock is gonna be a little lame IMO, theres no room to dance. Crooked Bayou has had some good parties on the weekends. You should check it out if you haven't yet already...it's hit and miss, so if you go and it sucks don't lose hope! See you guys out on Friday!

Thanks for the heads up about Dave Cristopher on Thursday, I might have to check that out....anytime Firestone has a half way decent DJ it's worth checking out.

Guest 0crystal0

Zinc Bar plays some decent stuff for Orlando...I just don't like the crowd there very much....same with Sky60. The last time I saw Three was at The Social and it was GREAT! AKA Lounge would have been fun. Knock Knock is gonna be a little lame IMO, theres no room to dance. Crooked Bayou has had some good parties on the weekends. You should check it out if you haven't yet already...it's hit and miss, so if you go and it sucks don't lose hope! See you guys out on Friday!

Thanks for the heads up about Dave Cristopher on Thursday, I might have to check that out....anytime Firestone has a half way decent DJ it's worth checking out.

the flyers are saying it is the full length album release, but i am not holding my breathe on that one. but dave back at firestone brings back some memories of better days ;)

Guest somefiercehouse

the flyers are saying it is the full length album release, but i am not holding my breathe on that one. but dave back at firestone brings back some memories of better days ;)

I hear ya! :'( I totally missed those days...it was before my time. I got into Firestone once when I was 16 and thought it was amazing, but even that was after the days when they would open up the garage doors in the morning. --sigh--

Guest ramon

Shawn' date=' what kinda house does three play? I might be in Orlando this weekend. What time does it start and where is knock knock. Near Tabu?

[/quote']

Three plays it all from house to techno and beyond. He's an amazing dj :)

Guest slamminshaun

Shawn' date=' what kinda house does three play? I might be in Orlando this weekend. What time does it start and where is knock knock. Near Tabu?

[/quote']

Knock Knock is very, very close to Tabu. Basically on the same street, or at least the entrance is. I get my directions messed up, but if you're looking at the entrance of Tabu, you'd walk to the left. It's on the same side of the street, right before the next street corner. Hope that helps. Crooked Bayou is in there too (I thought that and Knock Knock were apart of the same outfit, but guess not). Crooked Bayou has a good vibe early in the night I think.

Guest 0crystal0

knock knock is next to Cairo on teh corner by central

Three is an amazing DJ! I have yet to be disappointed

Shaun - He is currently living in NY, but from tampa. check out hallucination.com for booking info

there are a few other local house DJs - Qburns, sean cusack to name a couple.... brain dead and can't think of more right now

Shaun - He is currently living in NY, but from tampa. check out hallucination.com for booking info

there are a few other local house DJs - Qburns, sean cusack to name a couple.... brain dead and can't think of more right now

Do qburns and sean cusack have a following? what clubs do they spin at?

Guest 0crystal0

Shaun - He is currently living in NY' date=' but from tampa. check out hallucination.com for booking info

[/quote']

Do qburns and sean cusack have a following? what clubs do they spin at?

Yes they have a following, all be it not the nrmal main stream - Qburns, three, and sean cusack are 3 very well known DJs. maybe not so much miami. Three currently has resedency at crobar in NY as well as Hyde Park in tampa. I have seen them all in various venues in miami, orlando, and tampa

IMHO they are 3 of the most influential house DJs in FL.

don't mean to offend just my opinion :)

Shaun' date=' how much do you think he charges? And is he local? what other house dj's are there in orlando and how much do they charge? What nights? I might want to do something at my dad's club up there.

[/quote']

its not worth it bro...trust me...just go to downtown on a fri/sat night...go to aka and see what they call a "good night" nothing against the club, but if you're looking to draw crowd plus money i dont think its worth it...personally i dont see a following at all...nothing compared to ny and miami in terms of "house music club success" if u wanna call it that