Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone work in Real Estate?

Guest somefiercehouse

Guest somefiercehouse

I work as an assistant to a Realtor here in Orlando and I just passed my state exam and got my license and all. I was wanting some info on what the market is like down in Miami, how it is being an agent in Miami, just some basic info on Realtors there and that kind of stuff.

Thanks for any input

Guest slamminshaun

I'm Vice President of Mortgage Banking at First National Bank in Port St. Lucie, one of the hottest markets in the country right now. Many Realtors in Miami are cashing in on the equity in their own home to move to the PSL area, where being an experienced, aggressive Realtor equates to HUGE $$$$. The Miami market is also very hot from what these Realtors tell me, but unless you cater to high-end clients, they say its almost not worth the trouble. The average home price in Miami is well over $300K, which is typically beyond what the average middle class buyer can afford. PSL offers opportunities to post alot of sales, since home prices are relatively more affordable. Some Realtors still live in Miami, but do most of their business in the PSL/Stuart/Vero Beach area.

Congrats on passing the exam.

Guest somefiercehouse

I'm Vice President of Mortgage Banking at First National Bank in Port St. Lucie, one of the hottest markets in the country right now. Many Realtors in Miami are cashing in on the equity in their own home to move to the PSL area, where being an experienced, aggressive Realtor equates to HUGE $$$$. The Miami market is also very hot from what these Realtors tell me, but unless you cater to high-end clients, they say its almost not worth the trouble. The average home price in Miami is well over $300K, which is typically beyond what the average middle class buyer can afford. PSL offers opportunities to post alot of sales, since home prices are relatively more affordable. Some Realtors still live in Miami, but do most of their business in the PSL/Stuart/Vero Beach area.

Congrats on passing the exam.

Thanks man!

Good info for sure! My aunt works in PSL doing mortgages, I don't remember the name of her brokerage though. I'd like to move down to SoFl in a year or so and if possible would still like to continue my career in Real Estate, but my fear was exactly what you said...that you really have to be an experienced agressive sales person to sell homes to high end clients to be successful.....i better get crackin then I guess!

Guest tres-b

Congrats on passing your exam. I do brokerage in Atlanta. My focus is multi-family, but my firm does land as well as retail centers.

Miami as well as South Florida is an extremely hot market. There are a variety of sites you can check out to pull this kind of info but here is an article focusing on REIT activity in the Southeast. It sounds like you are more residential oriented, but the article is informative and the site is worth knowing...

http://www.southeastrebusiness.com/articles/NOV04/cover1.html

Guest LaLeeBeaN

i'm a real estate appraiser ;D

:) Yes who forgot to give me some cards so I could give them out to my Mortgage Brokers!!! ;)

I work for a Real Estate Law Firm doing Title Work. We work with people all over the state of Florida doing closings. The Real Esate market is definately booming in Port St Lucie for sure!

Good luck to you and if you ever need a Title work done you can contact me! We are the cheapest in the area and the best!!! ;D

Guest slamminshaun

:) Yes who forgot to give me some cards so I could give them out to my Mortgage Brokers!!! ;)

I work for a Real Estate Law Firm doing Title Work. We work with people all over the state of Florida doing closings. The Real Esate market is definately booming in Port St Lucie for sure!

Good luck to you and if you ever need a Title work done you can contact me! We are the cheapest in the area and the best!!! ;D

Sheeeet....I better get you some of my cards then. PM me your office address and full contact info, and I'll shoot them up to you. With all those mortgage BROKERS, you should have one BANKER in there too to mix it up. :P

Guest LaLeeBeaN

Sheeeet....I better get you some of my cards then. PM me your office address and full contact info' date=' and I'll shoot them up to you. With all those mortgage BROKERS, you should have one BANKER in there too to mix it up. :P

[/quote']ALWAYS GOTTA MARKET! :P Will do!

Guest LaLeeBeaN

;D still working on that....thanks for keeping up with me :-*

I am always willing to help someone out! :-*

Guest somefiercehouse

SHEEESH! Who knew! All these people!!!! Thanks everyone for all the info! The contacts are great to have because we have people in Orlando that are looking to move down there all the time...I'll keep everyone in mind!