Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's up with Johnny Depp...

Guest Clarisa

Guest Clarisa

doing all these wierd children movies? Last night I went to the movies and I saw another movie starring him I think it's called Charley and the Chocolate factory. I guess he found another way of being Hollywood without being a sellout by starring in children movies.

Guest fairyDust

Well it might have to do with the fact that he has a family now, and maybe he wants his kids to enjoy his movies...a lot of actors take that path after having kids....Will Smith, Eddy Murphy, etc..

Guest Clarisa

If you are talking about Willie Wonka and the Chocolate factory yes, I've seen that movie but not "Charley" and the Chocolate Factory.

Guest trancelator

Well it might have to do with the fact that he has a family now, and maybe he wants his kids to enjoy his movies...a lot of actors take that path after having kids....Will Smith, Eddy Murphy, etc..

Bingo! That is exactly why he is making these movies.

Guest LdySphynx

doing all these wierd children movies? Last night I went to the movies and I saw another movie starring him I think it's called Charley and the Chocolate factory. I guess he found another way of being Hollywood without being a sellout by starring in children movies.

Oh wow, is he going to do a remake of Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory........awwwww Man I love that movie!!!!

I think he would make a GREAT Willy Wonka!!!!!

Guest JMT

"Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" is a SEQUEL to Willy Wonka.

I believe that Depp will play the part of the adult Charlie, as we all know he took over the factory in the original.

Guest LdySphynx

I believe that Depp will play the part of the adult Charlie, as we all know he took over the factory in the original.

Hmmmmm, then I wonder who will play Wonka???

Guest JMT

ya know what, i lied. it IS a REMAKE. my bad.

when i first read about this a year or so ago it was going to be a sequel. i just read up on it now and its a remake.

Guest LdySphynx

when i first read about this a year or so ago it was going to be a sequel. i just read up on it now and its a remake.

So who is playing Wonka???

I hope it is Depp.....he is so good at those parts, somehow I don't see him as Charlie!!!!!

Guest JMT

I hope it is Depp.....he is so good at those parts, somehow I don't see him as Charlie!!!!!

Depp is Wonka

the little kid from Finding Neverland is Charlie

i wonder if they are going to keep that trippy scene in the boat tunnel in the new one, or make it more intense. that always freaked me out as a little kid...

Guest LdySphynx

Depp is Wonka

the little kid from Finding Neverland is Charlie

i wonder if they are going to keep that trippy scene in the boat tunnel in the new one, or make it more intense. that always freaked me out as a little kid...

Excellent......yeah that scene was SCARY, but as an adult now I freaking LOVE IT!!!!!!

Guest durrtylexx

Depp never disappoint..

Here are the projects that he's currently working on...

The Rum Diary 2005

Begun in 1959 by a then-twenty-two-year-old Hunter S. Thompson, The Rum Diary is a brilliantly tangled love story of jealousy, treachery and violent alcoholic lust in the Caribbean boomtown that was San Juan, Puerto Rico, in the late 1950s.

Shantaram (2007)

Based on the life story of author Gregory David Roberts, a heroin addict incarcerated for a robbery escapes prison and reinvents himself as a doctor in the slums of Bombay. His ties to the crime underworld there lead him to Afghanistan, where he partners with a mob boss locked in a battle with Russian criminals.

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2006)

Johnny Depp portrays Elle France editor Jean-Dominique Bauby, who, in 1995 at the age of 43, suffered a stroke that paralyzed his entire body, save his left eye. Using that eye to blink out his memoir, Bauby eloquently described the aspects of his interior world, from the psychological torment of being trapped inside his body to his imagined stories from lands he'd only visited in his mind.

Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (2006)

The second high-seas adventure of Captain Jack Sparrow, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann.

The Corpse Bride (2005)

Set in 19th-century European village, Victor (Depp), is on his way to get married when he sees a bony finger in the ground thinking it's a stick, he puts the ring on it as a joke and says the wedding vows, the finger belongs to a corpse, he is worried he has to marry her so he consults the rabbi, and i'm not going to give away the end

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)

Charlie Bucket, a boy from an impoverished family under the shadow of a giant chocolate factory, wins a candy bar contest and is given a tour, along with four other children, of the amazing factory run by the eccentric Willy Wonka and his staff of Oompa-Loompas...

The Libertine (2004)

The story of John Wilmot (Depp), a.k.a. the Earl of Rochester, a 17th century poet who famously drank and debauched his way to an early grave, only to earn posthumous critical acclaim for his life's work.