Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boca Christmas Parade Review

CrzyC1414779017

Guest r3nz0

Everyone wants to be like Carisa now ... :o

http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/12/08/jell-o.school.ap/index.html

Fourth-grader suspended over suspected 'Jell-O shots'

Wednesday, December 8, 2004 Posted: 5:27 PM EST (2227 GMT)

NEW ORLEANS, Louisiana (AP) -- An 8-year-old girl was suspended for nine days for bringing to school what appeared to be about 30 "Jell-O shots" -- though it was unclear whether they contained alcohol.

The incident occurred November 29, as the girl stood after classes outside Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School in Terrytown, a New Orleans suburb. A teacher spotted liquid dripping out of the student's bookbag and found what looked like the small cups of alcohol-laced gelatin that are sold in bars, schools spokesman Jeff Nowakowski said.

The girl told the principal that her mother, who works in a bar, makes alcoholic shots at home and sells them at work. The fourth-grader said her mother had instructed her to take the shots to school and sell them, three for $1, to make some money for Christmas, Nowakowski said.

The gelatin was turned over to the sheriff's department for testing to see if it contained alcohol.

The girl was suspended for violating school rules against possessing or trying to distribute a "lookalike," or something that appears to contain drugs or alcohol.

Under the lookalike rule, the girl's suspension will stand no matter what the sheriff's department finds.

"The school system's position is, it doesn't matter if it had alcohol in it or not," Nowakowski said.

The names of the girl and her mother were not released.

The mother must also allow school officials to test her daughter's hair for signs of drug use, Nowakowski said.

Guest Mr._S

good times! PATRON IS YOUR LEADER!

Good to see you again!!! :-*

good seeing you and JMT and a pleasure to meet millsie and ic143...

Guest Mr._S

good review. if i get trashed at jade thats how mine will be :P

comon vaughn give me a shot of patron im game........ been a pos week for me anything to get me a wee happy ;D

i am not vaughn he is my bitch!

Guest ic143

Was great meeting you too!

The parade was a blast...the whole 2 seconds of it that we watched! :P

Guest ic143

BTW, MIRZA is claiming the didn't get our calls last night. Oh and Carisa, he didn't even know that was you calling him! :o Ha ha!

Guest ic143

the Shriners float was my favorite.

but i know Millsie liked the Sun Sentinel Dog the best.

;D

The Shriners...you wanted to jack those little girls for their batons that had glow sticks attached to them. ;D ;)

Guest trancelator

Nice meeting you also. Had a blast!

Now that I know parades=drinking, I say we go to all the parades. :P BTW, thanks for the wristband, Carisa!

Guest r3nz0

The girl told the principal that her mother, who works in a bar, makes alcoholic shots at home and sells them at work. The fourth-grader said her mother had instructed her to take the shots to school and sell them, three for $1, to make some money for Christmas, Nowakowski said.

WTF?!

I agree. WTF was she thinking?

She should have sold each one for $1.