Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boca woman assaulted on boat in Florida Keys

December 20, 2004, 3:10 PM EST

KEY LARGO -- A 30-year-old Boca Raton woman said she was sexually battered on a boat while partying in the area over the weekend, the Monroe Sheriff's Office reported on Monday.

According to Becky Herrin, MSO spokeswoman, the victim told deputies she had gotten into a fight with her boyfriend Thursday night and went to a Key Largo bar alone. She said she met a group of people there and went to a party on board a boat tied up at a nearby marina.

The woman told deputies she was hit on the head at some point. She woke up to find a man on top of her, raping her. She's not sure if the assault took place on the same boat where the party began, or on another boat.

After the attack, the woman said someone threw her from the larger boat onto a smaller boat. She wasn't sure what happened after that, but she thinks she wound up in the water and swam to shore. At some point she returned to the room she was staying in with her boyfriend. The boyfriend called the Sheriff's Office.

The investigation continues.

Copyright © 2004, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Visit Sun-Sentinel.com

December 20, 2004, 3:10 PM EST

KEY LARGO -- A 30-year-old Boca Raton woman said she was sexually battered on a boat while partying in the area over the weekend, the Monroe Sheriff's Office reported on Monday.

According to Becky Herrin, MSO spokeswoman, the victim told deputies she had gotten into a fight with her boyfriend Thursday night and went to a Key Largo bar alone. She said she met a group of people there and went to a party on board a boat tied up at a nearby marina.

The woman told deputies she was hit on the head at some point. She woke up to find a man on top of her, raping her. She's not sure if the assault took place on the same boat where the party began, or on another boat.

After the attack, the woman said someone threw her from the larger boat onto a smaller boat. She wasn't sure what happened after that, but she thinks she wound up in the water and swam to shore. At some point she returned to the room she was staying in with her boyfriend. The boyfriend called the Sheriff's Office.

The investigation continues.

Copyright © 2004, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Visit Sun-Sentinel.com

That's some real fucked up shit. I hope they find the bastards.

the victim told deputies she had gotten into a fight with her boyfriend Thursday night and went to a Key Largo bar alone. She said she met a group of people there and went to a party on board a boat tied up at a nearby marina.

Nights that start like this usually end up to be a good time. Poor thing was just trying to forget about the fight and look what happened. See guys, this is why you should never let your girl walk away upset, and girls..this is why you should never drink in anger.

Guest durrtylexx

the victim told deputies she had gotten into a fight with her boyfriend Thursday night and went to a Key Largo bar alone. She said she met a group of people there and went to a party on board a boat tied up at a nearby marina.

Nights that start like this usually end up to be a good time. Poor thing was just trying to forget about the fight and look what happened. See guys, this is why you should never let your girl walk away upset, and girls..this is why you should never drink in anger.

well said Ms.Ward..

Guest LeVeL

Thats some shit!

But this kind of shit happens all the time a guy probably doesn't hit a girl on the head. but there are a lot of guys that give the girl drugs instead.

Sad Shit the level some guys go to fuck a girl. What ever happened to just talking to her and getting to know her.

Guest LeVeL

What ever happened to just talking to her and getting to know her.

I really dont think these people gave a flying fuck.

Yeah I know but it happens all the time at club too. When a guy gives a girl a roll and the girl starts acting weird and the guy takes a advantage of her cause he knows she's on a roll.And then molest her or fucks her while she's on that shit.

Isn't that a bad thing also.

Its isn't a bad thing when a girl gets drunk of her ass and a guy takes advantage of her cause he knows she drunk and acting stupid.

Isn't that a bad thing also.

yeah the girl got hit by a shovel on the head..lol and got knocked out.

But this kind of shit happens everday. I guess its our fault. Guys do this kind of shit all the time.

Guest lyrik

I'm curious to know what the group of people consisted of....was it mixed or all guys that she was going to party with behind her boyfriends back? Hmmm lets see - She will go out to a bar alone - get wasted - go back to a boat to party with a group a people she doesn't know - all the while the boyfriend is back at the hotel like a sap. I'm not justifying the attack IF it happened - I'm just reluctant to take things like this at face value...the story seems a bit contrived...maybe she trying to cover up the fact that she went out and fucked around on her boyfriend and is trying to cover it up with an elaborate story and got in way too deep and the boyfriend called her bluff by calling the police....just a thought...but if these guys really did do this to her I am sure it can't be too hard to track them down...after all she was at a public place partying with them...there has to be maybe some receipts (credit cards, eye witnesses etc) - check the boat registry at the docks you know...

I agree that the story does sound suspicious however that doesnt make her a liar until someone proves it or she gets caught in a lie. And who says that he was sitting in the room alone all night? Nobody has any idea what he was up to prior to her making it back to the room. Also, if she was hit that hard on the head, there will be physical evidence. I will def be interested to see what happens with this.

Guest lyrik

I meant that as a generalization by the way - before anyones panties get in a bunch.

Who's to say she wasn't raped - she was pissed at her boyfriend and got drunk - maybe decided to bang someone.. You never know.

Regardless, if she was taken advantage of and said NO, then its wrong.

Is it still rape if she was hit on the head before she could say no? ???

Guest slamminshaun

I meant that as a generalization by the way - before anyones panties get in a bunch.

Who's to say she wasn't raped - she was pissed at her boyfriend and got drunk - maybe decided to bang someone.. You never know.

Regardless, if she was taken advantage of and said NO, then its wrong.

Is it still rape if she was hit on the head before she could say no? ???

Umm...I think the general consensus would be yes.