Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Damn It!

Guest coach

if you think it's cold in miami. just imagine how bad it is here in NY. it's like 15 degrees with a 0 degree wind chill factor, my lips are chapped :-\

You guys better get that taken care of by the end of the week, when I am there. It's been around 60 every day here in Vegas; very nice winter weather.

i thought it gets cold as fuck in the desert? i never been, that's what ive been told

Guest vegasguy25

if you think it's cold in miami. just imagine how bad it is here in NY. it's like 15 degrees with a 0 degree wind chill factor, my lips are chapped :-\

You guys better get that taken care of by the end of the week, when I am there. It's been around 60 every day here in Vegas; very nice winter weather.

i thought it gets cold as fuck in the desert? i never been, that's what ive been told

Well, "cold" is a relative term, I've noticed. I grew up in Rochester, NY, and that area is DAMN cold in the winter. Out here in Vegas, the coldest it's gotten in the eight years I've lived here is 28. That's cold, but overall, the weather out here during the winter is very favorable, a big improvement over where I grew up. Our daytime highs in the winter are normally between 50 and 60, with overnight lows in the 40s. I'll take that anyday over the single digits, teens and twenties that are the norm in Rochester.

Well, "cold" is a relative term, I've noticed. I grew up in Rochester, NY, and that area is DAMN cold in the winter. Out here in Vegas, the coldest it's gotten in the eight years I've lived here is 28. That's cold, but overall, the weather out here during the winter is very favorable, a big improvement over where I grew up. Our daytime highs in the winter are normally between 50 and 60, with overnight lows in the 40s. I'll take that anyday over the single digits, teens and twenties that are the norm in Rochester.

i know what u mean...i grew up in Northern VA/DC area...so im used to the cold myself...were u in NY back in '96...the infamous "blizzard of '96"...ive had my share of cold weather.

Guest coach

I haven't been to the beach in weeks, and I'm dyyyyyyyying!

If I lived up north, I wouldn't complain about the cold. I live in Miami, so I don't complain about the heat and humidity.

Guest vegasguy25
If I lived up north, I wouldn't complain about the cold

When I was a senior in high school, all the schools in our area were shut down for two days because it was too cold to go to school. The wind chill factor was -67. That is not a typo, and I guarantee you, you would have been complaining.

Guest vegasguy25

Some other weather highlights from my stint in Rochester, NY:

-in ninth grade, we had an ice storm, which knocked out power to my house for five days.

-in eleventh grade, we had a blizzard that dropped 52 inches of snow on our heads in one afternoon.

-in twelth grade, we got six inches of snow on Halloween, had the aforementioned "god must be pissed at us" low temps, and three inches of snow on Mothers Day, all in the same winter.

- the next year, the temp got down to -28. That was the last straw. I applied to UNLV, got accepted, packed my bags, and left.

Guest miniberries

When I was a senior in high school, all the schools in our area were shut down for two days because it was too cold to go to school. The wind chill factor was -67. That is not a typo, and I guarantee you, you would have been complaining.

YIKES! :o -67!!! Just thinking about it hurts...

Guest vegasguy25

YIKES! :o -67!!! Just thinking about it hurts...

Experiencing it hurt as well. It was so cold, exposed skin is frostbitten in 30 seconds.

Guest 0crystal0

i am doing family, friends, and parties

thats mighty freaky of you..lol j/k :P

I was thinking the exact same thing... :o

ok then let me clarify for those with gutter minds. I will be attendng a few parties. and seeing some friends and family while in orlando

happy?

Guest coach

You shoulda called child protective services, because keeping a kid in an area like that has got to be child abuse.

Guest cutchemist

-27 this morning...my god what was i thinkin :'(

Guest vegasguy25

-27 this morning...my god what was i thinkin :'(

Where was it -27 at?