Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Napoleon Dynamite

Guest LdySphynx

Guest LdySphynx

Actually turned out better than I thought, I mean yes it is stupid but if you look at it as an Under Dog Story I guess you can let it slide!!!!

Now I will tell you this, if you're stoned you'll laugh a hell of alot more than if you're sober......I noticed this half way through the movie!!!

Guest trancelator

I just can't see how this is popular. It's unoriginal and I can't even laugh at it when I get sideways. Another victory for MTV over the masses. :-\

Guest ramon

A geek movie? Not quite.

Fun to watch? Yeah, worth a rental.

"Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills. You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills..."

Guest cutchemist

Now I will tell you this, if you're stoned you'll laugh a hell of alot more than if you're sober......I noticed this half way through the movie!!!

Thanx for the heads up.... ;)

Guest dino

Just rented it last night. I thought it was a great movie. Completly original. Someone said they thought it wasn't original?? I watch a lot of movies, and I thought it was very original. Anyway, shows you should never go by just one review. I am going to buy it tomorrow.

Guest trancelator

Just rented it last night. I thought it was a great movie. Completly original. Someone said they thought it wasn't original?? I watch a lot of movies, and I thought it was very original. Anyway, shows you should never go by just one review. I am going to buy it tomorrow.

I was telling JMT about this movie at lunch as I really want him to see it and get his opinion on it. Yes, it's very unoriginal as far as the humor. There's nothing witty about the humor at all. I've just never seen the point in glorifying such a miserable lifestyle (i.e. I hate the song "Loser" by Beck. What's so cool about being a loser?)

Nevertheless, the best part of it was the ending. Up until then I wasn't impressed at all. I'd much rather watch a movie like Old School.

• 4 weeks later...