Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you want to help those in Asia/Africa affected by the tsunami....

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

...you can make a tax deductable cash donation online to www.unicef.org or to any charity of your choice. Weather it's only $1, $25, or whatever amount, every penny will count in this disaster relief effort which has affected every coastline surrounding the Indian Ocean, from S.E Asia to the West Coastline of Africa.

Right now the best form of donating to this effort is by cash. Dry good donations take to long to reach these victims and cash can get them what they need faster. Especially clean food and water....($1 can buy 10 bottles of water at cost!)

So common guys if you can reach into your pockets (even if it's just coins) and take 45 seconds online, it will make a difference to the millions of people struck by this tragedy if we make a collective effort to help....

Guest swirlundergrounder

good post

Thanks. Think if everyone in the U.S who had a debit card donated at least $1.00. That's a lot of money....

The U.S Gov donated $15 million dollars only towards the relief effort today. That's it! And how many billions of dollars are they spending to blow up Iraq????

Guest slamminshaun

good post

Thanks. Think if everyone in the U.S who had a debit card donated at least $1.00. That's a lot of money....

The U.S Gov donated $15 million dollars only towards the relief effort today. That's it! And how many billions of dollars are they spending to blow up Iraq????

Do you have a list of what countries have pledged what amounts? I'd be curious to see if we pledged the most or not.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Just realized this post. Sorry for the duplicate. It's all good though.

They def need help over there and quick.

No need to apoligize...The more visible we make this situation the better right?

Guest swirlundergrounder

good post

Do you have a list of what countries have pledged what amounts? I'd be curious to see if we pledged the most or not.

I briefly tried to dig up a list on the UN's web site but icouldn't find one. The report will probably come out within the next few days. The US, Australia, Germany and Japan are the nations mentioned to have donated the most so far. The Philipines and Cambodia are also noted to be involved in the relief effort as well.

But the most financial relief will more than likely come from private donations rather than those made by the government.

Guest JMT

as of now, the US is the single largest donor nation, australia is next with a $10 million donation...

there is no reason to think we wont give more, as the US is indeed the world's largest supplier of foreign aid, in both govt and private funds.

Guest slamminshaun

What about France? Russia? What about all those Arab countries? I believe they have pledged a big fat ZERO thus far.

And the UN has the balls to call the U.S. and its western allies "stingy" with what we've pledged so far? Then to make matters worse, this jerkoff says we would have more to donate if we'd raise taxes. What an asshole. Another reason I despise the UN. How many UN countries besides us, have donated anything substantial??

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041228-122330-7268r.htm

Guest JMT

dont want to turn this tragedy into something else but yeah, maybe they should start by forcing Annan to cough up some of those "Oil for Food" dollars he and his pals got from their 5-finger discount.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Update: That UN official that called us "Stingy"' date=' when in fact the U.S. is the largest contributor thus far to areas hit by the tidal wave, has retracted his statement. He's still an asshole.

[url']http://www.reuters.com/printerFriendlyPopup.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=7193859

I think that guy went a little to far calling the US stingy. He could have pled for more money a different way.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yep I heard of Jet Li. Also Petra Nemcova a supermodel was hurt and her boyfriend is missing while also vacationing.

Sounds like one of Oprha's friends was in the tsunami and he lost his partner while they were struggling to stay afloat in the tsunami.

Guest JMT

i read Petra's account as well as a few others... seems like it was just blind luck if you survived. so tragic. also saw they found a baby floating on a mattress alone in the water.

Guest Clarisa

Yeah the baby was reunited with the family. I get goose bumps everytime I read the latest news and the death toll keeps rising. It's a whopping 52k :-[

Guest swirlundergrounder

i read Petra's account as well as a few others... seems like it was just blind luck if you survived. so tragic. also saw they found a baby floating on a mattress alone in the water.

Wow that's a nice story. This stuff hit closer to home when you have a family of your own to be concerned about...

Guest swirlundergrounder

What about France? Russia? What about all those Arab countries? I believe they have pledged a big fat ZERO thus far.

And the UN has the balls to call the U.S. and its western allies "stingy" with what we've pledged so far? Then to make matters worse' date=' this jerkoff says we would have more to donate if we'd raise taxes. What an asshole. Another reason I despise the UN. How many UN countries besides us, have donated anything substantial??

[url']http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041228-122330-7268r.htm

As of 12/29/04

U.S $35 Million

Japan $30 Million

Australia $10 million

Saudi Arabia $10 million

Germany $7 million

And the UN has the balls to call the U.S. and its western allies "stingy" with what we've pledged so far? Then to make matters worse' date=' this jerkoff says we would have more to donate if we'd raise taxes. What an asshole. Another reason I despise the UN. How many UN countries besides us, have donated anything substantial??

[url']http://www.washtimes.com/national/20041228-122330-7268r.htm

the US could do better, we all know it.

Guest obby

We will be one of the biggest helpers (like always) but who cares? Whether they except our help or not is a different story. A tragedy this size can not be managed by the UN alone. World powers will definitely have to get involved. Whether it is us or someone else. As for who offers more...........Who cares ? That should be the last thing on our minds when thinking of the people suffering over there.

Spain pledged $67 million dlloars...twice what the US has pledged so far

Isn't it nuts that this kind of "who pledged what" bickering comes out in this time of tragedy?

So stupid...

You said it !!!!!! I can't belive I even read that.