Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Which LOCAL and BIG NAME DJs...

CrzyC1414779017

hmm...

Danny Tenaglia does .. as well as Josh Wink

Bruno uses it too sometimes ..

now i mean, a sampler .. or "cycloops" (at least thats the most known sampler) where u can record and sample that voice or beat in a series of loops ..

Oscar doesnt use that "cycloops", he just uses the "loop" fucntion from the cdj's a lot and also acapellas which makes it sound like if he was using a sampler ..

Im talking about in a LIVE set though (ina club).

can I ask you something why would u like to know if they use a sampler or not?

Just curious. I was memerized by the way Wink used his and it was fun trying to figure out what was part of the actual track and what was a sample. I dont see many people like Tiesto or PVD, etc using one so I was curious as to which Djs use one. I dont know much about the actual art of DJing and I find this interesting.

Guest pod

Well if you wanna split hairs, Oscar and so forth tend to use the loop function on the CDJ-1000s, rather than using a true sampler.

At the clubs he plays at it isn't an issue since they have 3 CDJ-1000s, which always leaves at least 1 free for dedicated sampling off of CDs.

Nothing wrong with it, as it is more economical and the ouput of the CDJ-1000 is pristine, as opposed to the shoddy results from the Cycloops unit and other bargain basement sampling solutions.

I have a primitive Roland JS-30 poking around here somewhere, which is a true dedicated sampler.

In the case of people like Richie and Magda, since they mix almost exclusively from laptops and so forth, their entire sets are constructed almost exclusively from samples and whatnot, enabled by Abelton Live, Reason, Final Scratch, and the like. Sasha is taking it a step further with his new performance-engineering tactic.

On that tack, you get acts like Infusion and Underworld (and our own local digital lifestyle boys...btw, where the hell are they, I have a CD for them!) who run their shows using a combination of samples, on the fly composition, and vocals.

If you wanna discuss the concepts further, my office (bedroom) is always open, with no consultation charge (well, I'm sure we can work something out :o )

Guest Dizmus

On that tack, you get acts like Infusion and Underworld (and our own local digital lifestyle boys...btw, where the hell are they, I have a CD for them!) who run their shows using a combination of samples, on the fly composition, and vocals.

What's up all :) We're back, hope the holidays went well!!! Had to work a lot during the holiday season to get rent out of the way, and visit family, etc......big ordeal...but we're back....I might be trying to go to Crobar tonight, but trying to see what I can do to get on the list so I dont have to pay cover.....we're back though, and hpoe to see all of you soon....PM me Pod, I wanna see the CD!!!!

Guest ramon

Unless he's changed it up since I last saw him, James relies on the CDJ-1000 exclusively for sample work. 8)

he's added a cycloops to his arsenal :)

Guest coach

Last time I saw Stephan Luke at Crobar, he was using a sampler for his percussion, I believe. Or something, anyway. Had the laptop running. Awesome set.