Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Muslims Upset by '24'

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

An American-Islamic group has blasted the makers of Kiefer Sutherland's hit TV drama 24 after learning the first episode of the new season portrays a Muslim family as terrorists. Officials at the Council on American-Islamic Relations were made aware of the controversial episode after upset Muslims got hold of a promotional preview of the show, which airs next week. The council's spokeswoman Rabiah Ahmed says she's particularly disturbed by one scene, in which an American-Muslim teenager plots to kill Americans. She adds, "It casts a cloud of suspicion over every American Muslim family out there." Bosses at TV network Fox, who air the show, have yet to counter the comments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

oh, ok..... so its the show that "casts a cloud of suspicion" over Muslims...

so wtf did 9/11 do for the suspicions, help to eliminate them?

Guest slamminshaun

This PC shit is getting on my nerves. I suppose all criminals and terrorists on TV will have to be white males from now on to avoid offending anyone. This is about as stupid as airport screeners letting middle-eastern young men through, but searching 85 year old ladies just to keep things "equal".

Guest tres-b

9/11 happened.

The sandbox full of Muslims known as the Middle East hates us.

Muslim clerics from all over the world(including here) incite hatred and violence against us.

These are three issues that need to be dealt w/ by concerned Muslims long before 24.

Guest JMT

Anyone remember the outrage over "The Siege" in 1998? It all seemed rather different three years later.

yes, how prophetic that film was.

i also recall the backlash about the "Crimson Jihad" in True Lies.

Guest saintjohn

Wasn't "True Lies" on one of the broadcast networks last night? "Behind Enemy Lines" was on, too - but I think the Muslims are the "good guys" in that one.

Hollywood can't seem to make up its collective mind.