Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Amika....dont believe the hype!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest terence

Guest terence

i was in amika on christmas eve, n i've been so disappointed, so many outhere told me it's worth n ya know.....

the zik was terrible, the dj was not even mixin' at all, just computer skills n nothin else, i dont call dji'in, gosh nevertheless my holidays in miami have benn really awesome, no doubt about it, i was just a bit disapointed with clubs like amika, mansion, sure they are nice lounges but without any ambiance, people are just gettin drunk on a so called house music, i only have one regret, i didnt have time to check the space, who knows it might more my style, apparently trance n techno stuff are not so popular in Miami's nightlife....i ask myself why, trance melodies should fit surroundin' by such nice places....

i missed some kind of crazyness in those clubs, dont get wrong i dont dismiss mimai's nightlife, not at all, i just highlight the fact Miami deserve betta cos it is such a great city, i look forward to come back in this garden of eden, i am back in europe now, i am freezin'....

peace to all of ya, n happy new year.... ;D

Trance is not popular in Miami? ::) I think you've finally lost your last marble! Maybe it's not played at Amika but it's certainly (and most unfortunately) a prominent genre of EDM in Miami along with progressive house and to a lesser extent, tribal house.

If you want techno, you have to go somewhere else. For the most part, Miami's general clubbing population isn't ready for one of the earliest genres of EDM. But, if you happen to hear one of Stryke's sets, you won't be disappointed. ;D

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

i was in amika on christmas eve, n i've been so disappointed, so many outhere told me it's worth n ya know.....

the zik was terrible, the dj was not even mixin' at all, just computer skills n nothin else, i dont call dji'in, gosh nevertheless my holidays in miami have benn really awesome, no doubt about it, i was just a bit disapointed with clubs like amika, mansion, sure they are nice lounges but without any ambiance, people are just gettin drunk on a so called house music, i only have one regret, i didnt have time to check the space, who knows it might more my style, apparently trance n techno stuff are not so popular in Miami's nightlife....i ask myself why, trance melodies should fit surroundin' by such nice places....

i missed some kind of crazyness in those clubs, dont get wrong i dont dismiss mimai's nightlife, not at all, i just highlight the fact Miami deserve betta cos it is such a great city, i look forward to come back in this garden of eden, i am back in europe now, i am freezin'....

Well, i have to severly disagree with you here. I was at Amika on Christmas Eve as well. Althought it wasnt nearly as crowded as usual and took a while to pick up being that most people were with their families..the music was great. There was no trance or even techno played. Rudnick was spinning and when i was there from about 1 to 3, everyone was in the holiday spiriting and dancing around have a great time. I think you should definitely try going again...Sat and Sun at Amika are always good too.

Guest vaughan

Yeah... goona have to go with "NO" on this one Alex...

I'll take "Amika Kicks Ass with the best dj talent around for a $1,000 please".

BUT... in your defense, everyone is entitled to their opinion but "don't believe the hype" might be taking it a bit off the deep end. Cedric on Thursdays, Shawn Rudnick on Fridays, Roland on Saturdays, and Cue and Stephan Luke on Sundays.... Hard to beat that stable of local talent... as a matter of fact... hard to beat that ANYWHERE!

Guest web_norah

Yeah... goona have to go with "NO" on this one Alex...

I'll take "Amika Kicks Ass with the best dj talent around for a $1,000 please".

BUT... in your defense, everyone is entitled to their opinion but "don't believe the hype" might be taking it a bit off the deep end. Cedric on Thursdays, Shawn Rudnick on Fridays, Roland on Saturdays, and Cue and Stephan Luke on Sundays.... Hard to beat that stable of local talent... as a matter of fact... hard to beat that ANYWHERE!

anywhere in Miami.

i can beat it over here. ;)

but yes, it is a very wide array of tastes, although techno/ breaks and deep house are still not represented all that much.

Guest vaughan

anywhere in Miami.

i can beat it over here. ;)

but yes, it is a very wide array of tastes, although techno/ breaks and deep house are still not represented all that much.

Ummm... Are you challenging me to a thumb-wrestling match????

Guest rollyp66

One thing... It was Christmas Eve.. being that Miami has a huge hispanic population they tend to celebrate on Christmas eve with the family as well as other carribian cultures. I know that my family celebrates on christmas eve. Generally christmas night would be a better choice to go out. Anyway they have a Great talent there .

Guest RCordeschi

In Amika's defense I have only been there for their Inside Out party with Roland spinning and I enjoyed myself very much. Not to mention the loads of great looking people and the atmosphere was pretty good. My only complaint would be the set up of the club not very comfortable for dancing and etc...

Guest swirlundergrounder

Trance is not popular in Miami? ::) I think you've finally lost your last marble! Maybe it's not played at Amika but it's certainly (and most unfortunately) a prominent genre of EDM in Miami along with progressive house and to a lesser extent, tribal house.

If you want techno, you have to go somewhere else. For the most part, Miami's general clubbing population isn't ready for one of the earliest genres of EDM. But, if you happen to hear one of Stryke's sets, you won't be disappointed. ;D

You got to go to Detroit to get some good techno

Guest julio305

Come on Acere what hispanic goes out on christmas eve.....We just stay in our GAO or we go to our families GAO and we pig out alll night long eating ,drinking ,dancing ,and eating ,and eating ..Lechon , yuca and morro wat else can u ask for on christmas eve...

And about amika the place is tight good music HOT HOT chicks but the only thing is you need to stop by a bank to get a loan in order to pay for you tab.............................. ::)

By the way did I mention eating el Peyejo tostado!

Guest web_norah

nah there is hell of good techno in New York

**all the time** or at least three times a month there is a good party for techno heads :)

Guest RCordeschi

Come on Acere what hispanic goes out on christmas eve.....We just stay in our GAO or we go to our families GAO and we pig out alll night long eating ,drinking ,dancing ,and eating ,and eating ..Lechon , yuca and morro wat else can u ask for on christmas eve...

And about amika the place is tight good music HOT HOT chicks but the only thing is you need to stop by a bank to get a loan in order to pay for you tab.............................. ::)

By the way did I mention eating el Peyejo tostado!

Julio,

you have really out done yourself on this one...LOL!!!

For those of you that don't understand Julio's lingo, GAO= House.

As for the tab, I think he is right, the drink prices are a bit more than usual if you compare them to Space, Crobar, etc...

I still like the place. But they denied my application for a loan to pay my tab, so it will be a while before I go to Amika again...lol...j/k.

Guest ramon

not only detroit has good techno , chicago , new york , even st louis has been bringing the people that go beep click and boom. :)

san francisco and la as well .. so it seems everywhere but miami , but i think that will change soon. :)

Guest RCordeschi

not only detroit has good techno , chicago , new york , even st louis has been bringing the people that go beep click and boom. :)

san francisco and la as well .. so it seems everywhere but miami , but i think that will change soon. :)

Thanks to you my friend I am liking more and more the techno side of or music lifestyle. I would like to go somewhere to listen to some really good techno.

Guest swirlundergrounder

nah there is hell of good techno in New York

**all the time** or at least three times a month there is a good party for techno heads :)

I never said 'only in Detroit'....

Guest mursa

The "Sundance" sunday party @ Amika is off the hook ~!..def. worth staying in Sat. so that you can party at full force the next day..

...my only real complaint about Amika is that the door situation is a lil chaotic/VIPish for my tastes .

Guest coach

See, for me, the issue isn't the door, it's that I find the interior kind of bland. Just a big rectangle with couches in the way in the middle. But that's really my only complaint.

amika is all about vibe. where else can u go almost every fri and hear a live percussionist. and from all the clubs ive been to amika is the only one with dancers each and every fri and sat. (4dancers all the time on the dance floor)

gorgeous women.... good choons......

love the place :)