Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you like living in/near Miami?

Guest vegasguy25

Guest vegasguy25

Here's another question: do you guys rent or own? For the ones who rent, how much is your rent per month? I want to get a guage of living expenses down there. I know you guys have no state income tax; we don't have one in Nevada either.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vegasguy25

$725 for a 1/1 in Boca. (rent)

(But Boca is too far for what you want to do)

That's just about identical to what I paid for my 1/1 here in Vegas. I now live in a 3/2 with one roomie, and we pay $1,070.

Guest coach

Of all the places I've visited or lived, I can't imagine living anywhere other than the Southeast Florida area. But that is because I am crazy. Miami has an awesome energy to it that other cities that I've been in do not. I live on South Beach and Musical Missionary & Justin Johnson summed it up perfectly. Right in the middle of the madness.

Right now we rent, but are planning to buy within the next year. We had considered getting a house on the mainland so we could have a yard and shit, but every time I thought about it, I got the cold sweats, so we decided on a condo on South Beach. It does cost more, but for us, the quality of live is more than worth it.

Right now we pay $725 for a studio, and would happily pay more, if necessary to live here. But, for many people, it is not worth it. Different priorities.

I think the suggestion of Aventura is a great one. It is a great family-oriented place. The cost of living is a little lower than Miami Beach. Very clean. And still pretty convenient to everything. Also, North Miami Beach is a good place. Kind of a nice compromise. Less expensive than South Beach, but still right near the water. And it has a growing evening business.

Guest vegasguy25

I looked at rents in SoBe, and they were pretty darn high, much higher than rents here in Vegas. I don't have to be in SoBe, just like I don't live on the Strip here. The Strip is 15 minutes away though, so I can go to the party quite easily whenever I want. Does anyone here live downtown? What is that like?

Guest web_norah

after living in Miami for a while, i enjoyed it very much, never lived or wanted to live on the beach since i like peace/ quiet/ etc. but the job wages are terrible in the greater Miami area and depending on your professional wants/needs, it can be limiting. the best of two worlds is do winter in Miami and live in New York city (or anywhere you like) -that's ideal for me, and that's naturally different for other people. rent in SoBe is high and if i were to do it over again and was going to rent, i'd do Downtown Miami or Brickell areas, and drive to the beach whenever i wanted to. it is just so much easier.

Guest Devilicious

Here's another question: do you guys rent or own? For the ones who rent, how much is your rent per month? I want to get a guage of living expenses down there. I know you guys have no state income tax; we don't have one in Nevada either.

I would love to own but for now I rent, large one br, 750/month furnished, on south beach. If you're going to buy though, esp on the beach property taxes are very high

Guest becha

I'm biased to downtown Miami....

If you can afford to buy something in downtown

you'll have made a solid investment..

If you're planning on working close to the beach then

of course live there but downtown is exploding and there are still good values to be found..

Per square foot appreciation is out of control..

It's kinda scary actually..

Not to say it's not the same at the beach ..

but I think you get a better bang for your buck downtown...

I have a few reservation agreements in the Brickell and Performing arts area... two of my agreements have nearly doubled in value already.. and the buildings won't be completed until late 2006... I'm even considering taking them through to closing, instead of flipping them because I'm really liking what I'm seeing..

Are you seeking a condo or a residential home?

Guest coach

I would love to own but for now I rent, large one br, 750/month furnished, on south beach. If you're going to buy though, esp on the beach property taxes are very high

Whoa! Dayum girl! Where you living? That's a great deal! (Seriously, my lease is up, and that sounds like a great deal.)

Guest Electric Eel

I live in Coconut Grove and love it, its 10 min from the beach less to downtown. It has the feeling of its own little city within Miami, there are still places to walk to, restaurants, shops... You should check it out, especially if you want to work at the Ritz which theres one in the grove or the mandarin is about 5 min away and you wont have to deal with traffic in the morning.

Guest DrFired

I live in Coconut Grove and love it, its 10 min from the beach less to downtown. It has the feeling of its own little city within Miami, there are still places to walk to, restaurants, shops... You should check it out, especially if you want to work at the Ritz which theres one in the grove or the mandarin is about 5 min away and you wont have to deal with traffic in the morning.

True...

I live close to the Grove..to me it's the center of everything and everywhere...about 10-15 mins to kendall, downtown, the beach, west dade, gables, etc...

Guest LeVeL

There is nothing like Living in Miami...the flavor this town has in unmatched.

Thats why you have people from up north like Broward, West Palm Beach coming down.

Aside from South Beach there are tons of suburban Places you can live in Miami. No need to go to broward or West palm Beach. Its better to stay in Miami...you have spots like Kendall,Miami Lakes, Aventura, Coral gables..ect..ect the list goes on On

Miami is unmatched too many things to do down here...why go up any north.

Guest DrFired

shopping is much easier in miami also if you like to shop...LOL

I work in broward..but i find it you have to drive so far to go to a mall that's decent.

I guess i'm too used to Miami, but everything in broward seems so far away.

Guest LeVeL

I work in broward..but i find it you have to drive so far to go to a mall that's decent.

I guess i'm too used to Miami, but everything in broward seems so far away.

Broward will never be like Dade....the only reason Broward is the way it is now is because of the people from Miami Moving up there to get cheaper deals on Homes.

Aside from that everything is down in Miami. Nightlife in Done in Miami, the Best Hotels are in Miami, the best restaurants are in Miami, even the Sports teams are in Miami.

The only reason Broward has the Panthers was because we didn't want them. And you know what who cares about the Florida Panthers.

Miami-Dade County is the Dick and Broward and Palm beach are its balls hanging on to us.

;D :P

Guest DrFired

I guess i'm too used to Miami' date=' but everything in broward seems so far away.

[/quote']

Broward will never be like Dade....the only reason Broward is the way it is now is because of the people from Miami Moving up there to get cheaper deals on Homes.

Aside from that everything is down in Miami. Nightlife in Done in Miami, the Best Hotels are in Miami, the best restaurants are in Miami, even the Sports teams are in Miami.

The only reason Broward has the Panthers was because we didn't want them. And you know what who cares about the Florida Panthers.

Miami-Dade County is the Dick and Broward and Palm beach are its balls hanging on to us.

;D :P

LOL

A lot of people moved up to Broward after Hurricane Andrew on '92 (Hope we don't see anything like that again). That's why Broward's population went up rapidly.

Guest LeVeL

LOL

A lot of people moved up to Broward after Hurricane Andrew on '92 (Hope we don't see anything like that again). That's why Broward's population went up rapidly.

Tha too

Guest LeVeL

As far as what? Of course, nightlife is way better but the standard of living is not.

What do you define as the standard of Living ???

Guest vegasguy25

I was looking at that area. There is also a Four Seasons in the immediate vicinity if I am not mistaken.

Guest trancelator

As far as what? Of course' date=' nightlife is way better but the standard of living is not.

[/quote']

What do you define as the standard of Living ???

Good schools, nice houses, residential neighborhoods, clean living environment (roadways, medians, etc), crime rate, etc.