Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tires

Guest Electric Eel

Guest Electric Eel

Does anyone on here know much about car tires?

I got a flat and need to replace my tire. No one ever has my tire size in stock so I need to order it online.

The original tire is 205/50R-15 86V BSW but after having replaced them a few times already its getting expensive. A cheaper version is 205/50R-15 86H DSB. I know its the same size but is the other stuff going to make a big impact V vs H?

Someone please help!

Thanks

Guest Electric Eel

Thanks. Definitely don't need to go over 130. ;D

I've had so many tire issues with this car. People beware of cars that the front tires are a different size then the back. I've spent way too much money buying new tires for this car because I can't rotate them.

Guest Electric Eel

Dude..i wish i could help you..but car talk is like chinese to me :-\

lol, I know how to change a tire but thats about it

Guest Clauds

Cookie, the important thing to remember is that the tires need to be the same size. The cheaper version wont have a huge impact except for it may not look as good of a tire (on a luxury car for excample).

Trust me ;) My step-dad has a tires shop so I know these things ;D

Guest Electric Eel

Cookie, the important thing to remember is that the tires need to be the same size. The cheaper version wont have a huge impact except for it may not look as good of a tire (on an luxury car for excample).

Trust me ;) My step-dad has a tires shop so I know these things ;D

Thanks chickie, I dont care how the tire looks, my lease is up in June, i cant wait!

about your step-dad, check your gmail ;D

Guest Electric Eel

Any Tire Kingdom Location can special order that tire for you. ;)

thanks, but i've found for almost $50 cheaper online

Guest DrFired

you don't have to user the same brand. It all depends on what kind of car you have.

personally i recommend Yokohama..they are great tires and inexpensive.

hope this help.

check out www.tirerack.com they have very good prices on tires!

yes, he is correct, tirerack.com is simply the best place to purchase your tires or price them out. They have charts and help sections so you can make a informed choice.

The only catch, is shipping and install charges are not included in the price. Find the tire you want, print it out and take it to a local place to see their price. If their price is much higher, ask them how much to install the new tires. You'll save money...

Guest Electric Eel

Actually I have a Toyota MR2 spyder (hence spyderchic) anyway the original tires that came with the car are yokohoma and in the past I have purchased them from tirerack.com but they are $90 for each one. I found them cheaper on www.discounttires.com and they have equivalent ones that are even cheaper. I think i'm just going to go with one of those and usually get them installed for about $15

Thanks for everyones help!

i think your better off buying tires from a dealer here cos you get free tire rotation every 4/5k..

now i may be wrong here but if you buy tires thru the net

you have to pay each time you get your tires rotated which cost around 15bucks i assume..

so in the end you really dont save much..

Guest Electric Eel

Unfortunately my front tires are a different size then my back tires so there's no way to rotate them anyway. Thanks for the thought though