Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ROLLERSKATING AT THE ROXY...

bring it back...i havent been rollerskating in ages, but I went last night and I have to say it was so much fuckin fun I still cant stop thinking/laughing about it.

I went with my roommate and her colleagues for some birthday party. I havent donned roller skates in ages, but it didnt take too long to remember how to do it....basically.

It's so much fun, I think you all should give it a shot--wed nites, $15 admission, $5 to rent skates. It is a fun scene, lots of interesting (very friendly) mixed people, really fun music, cocktails, etc. It is a little cultish too which adds spice. there are some people still stuck in the 70's just rolling around and in their own universe. I cant stress enough how fun it was to roll around in circles really fast, drink cocktails, fall, watch others fall, almost fall, and dance. Aryn and I did it for hours, and could not stop laughing. She'd talk to me and not notice the wall coming up, and slam into it....while I'd get a little cocky and go fast and suddenly lose control of my arms/body and sometimes fall. :P

anyway, i wanted to share, because this activity is really fun and really different. It doesnt involve tons of money and you don't need (you really can't, actually) to drink or drug to have a blast. I enjoyed doing something out of the ordinary...I think you would too!

Guest Idreamofdancing

Oh boy...it was sooooooooooo fun. I really started to get the hang of it by the end of the night. I think it was that magic blinking ring a pro-skater gave me...it had magical powers.

The ambiance was great: the music, the lights, Evan and I crashing into each other and the smell of skunky bud filling the place.

Everyone really was having the best time...but nothing was funnier than Evan and I rubbing wheels together, falling on our asses and having the whistle blown on us. Yes, they blow a whistle when there is a man down..or in our case men down. Love you Ev, even though you were mean to me in my dream. :P

Guest joeygk

I actually went in december it was a blast. but if you really want to take advantage of the season, on wed night they have ice skating in central park to music & that was so much fun. We went two weeks ago..... TOO MUCH FUN. I was the only one who could ice skate but it didn't stop us. SO FUN.

I actually went in december it was a blast. but if you really want to take advantage of the season, on wed night they have ice skating in central park to music & that was so much fun. We went two weeks ago..... TOO MUCH FUN. I was the only one who could ice skate but it didn't stop us. SO FUN.

I;ve been wanting to do this! Please give all the details---where to go, cost, etc please ;D

I;ve been wanting to do this! Please give all the details---where to go, cost, etc please ;D

thanks for the info, Joey.

I figured it out myself, and went yesterday to skate in Central Park. It was totally fun, though not as fun as rollerskating at roxy. The ice was very grooved (after the zamboni it was better) and the crowd bit and the music wasnt nearly loud enough. The scene, however....being in a big rink in the park with the towers and lights as your backdrop was awe-inspiring. :P

Even though I hadnt been in years, I felt like I hadnt missed a day...maybe because I was rollerskating a few days earlier and I brushed up then, i dont know, but it was fun to weave in and out of people, scare little girls, and i did fall on my ass once but not bad at all.