Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why can't 93.1....?

Guest dirtyhouse777

Guest dirtyhouse777

this may have been a topic on this board before i was here, but why can't party 931 have actual radio shows playing live (or even pre-recorded) mixes of EDM that aren't outdated by 15 years or more... it would be nice to have something along the lines of metrodance 95.1 in Buenos Aires... instead of the same CRAP played over and over?

Guest pod

Look up ASCAP, BMI, licensing, rotations, ratings, SoundScan, etc...

Then go buy an XM/MP3 capable head unit for your car.

I should lock this.

Guest soozin

friday nights on 88.5 FM in broward I play live 7-9pm (house mostly) followed by more various electronica - not the crap you hear on 93.1 at least!

Guest pod

FM isn't just free-for-all across the board. College stations and lower power local stations fall under different licensing regs than the big boys. 93.1 is a big station in terms of reach and power output. It is a "big boy" as far as the industry is concerned.

Different rules apply.

I say this to you all again for the millionth time....93.1 isn't meant for hardcore clubgoers really. Their target market is the rest of the people who venture out maybe once or twice a month, i.e. 80 percent of the South Florida population. You wanna hear stuff "besides the crap they play on 93.1"? Here's my suggestions:

Blank_CDs_m652081.jpg

sky201.JPG

3521.jpg

Spontaneity? Load up a few gigs and hit shuffle.

Worthless comment? Tell me in person.

FM isn't just free-for-all across the board. College stations and lower power local stations fall under different licensing regs than the big boys. 93.1 is a big station in terms of reach and power output. It is a "big boy" as far as the industry is concerned.

Different rules apply.

I say this to you all again for the millionth time....93.1 isn't meant for hardcore clubgoers really. Their target market is the rest of the people who venture out maybe once or twice a month, i.e. 80 percent of the South Florida population. You wanna hear stuff "besides the crap they play on 93.1"? Here's my suggestions:

Blank_CDs_m652081.jpg

sky201.JPG

3521.jpg

Spontaneity? Load up a few gigs and hit shuffle.

Worthless comment? Tell me in person.

LMAOOOOO!!!!!!!

Guest dirtyhouse777

your point is well taken, and i've had courses in communications law etc so i feel you about liscensing regs etc.

sorry to get you worked up

Guest pod

Phil, I explained why in both thread. Miamians aren't what you've made them out to be. A lot have moved on beyond the FM dial. You should too...

Phil, I explained why in both thread. Miamians aren't what you've made them out to be. A lot have moved on beyond the FM dial. You should too...

I was kidding. I don't listen to the radio anyway. CD's only. ;D

Guest TigerClaw

There is one show on Party 93.1 that broadcast live mixes, Markus Schulz always does the live mixes on the Global DJ Broadcast on the 1st 2 hours and then the last two hours are pre-recorded sets by the guest DJs.

Guest JMT

There is one show on Party 93.1 that broadcast live mixes, Markus Schulz always does the live mixes on the Global DJ Broadcast on the 1st 2 hours and then the last two hours are pre-recorded sets by the guest DJs.

the best thing about 93.1

Guest shannon_coolj.

Pod's right. Do true clubbers actually listen to 93.1?

Although I do think that it wouldn't hurt to put on at least ONE show where there's acutally decent music.

Guest FRESHMAN

I understand everything that goes on with 93.1...

The question i have is have you every met any of these so called 80% ?

As a EDM DJ i feel that i meet alot of people that listen to this genre of music, and have not till this day met anyone that says they listen to the station or even enjoy it a little.

So knowing that they have to pay someone everytime they play a song...at least buy music people like!

93.1 has broad appeal, the problem is, we only talk about music with other edm fans. While the rest of south fla loves that fag loser cheese trance..

however 93.1 has played many house tracks that you've heard in some form at space and crobar..

I beg phil and buster to let me have the drive at 5 on a friday.. I'd bring in the riddler, the #1 radio dj I've ever heard. He can play house that is commercial with the vocal trance stuff and make it much more entertaining than what they currently play. he's a real dj. The other jock that comes to mind to lay down a radio friendly set is Scribbles. The man has mad talent and knows how to handle the radio genre of edm ....Scriubbles is the guy who had the balls to drop Razor and Guido's Do it again on the grind.. The guiods went nutsssssssssssss!!! Mad props for trying to get mtv to accept it.

BUSTER PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LET ME DO A SHOW!!! I KNOW YOU AND PHILL READ MY SHIT, SO PM ME AND WE'LL DO IT UP... ;D

PS it's widely accepted and known you guys used my classics idea....

oh, and hire Vic Latino, that dude makes radio fun... He did the opening annoucment of oscar g at the surf club and it went the fuck off.