Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Peru

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

so i was away for a while, trying to cope with my first NYC winter & went home to Peru. contrary to popular belief, the Andes were perfect at this time of the year (rain season), there was very little rain and plenty of walking and hiking up to do in ideal cool temperatures. i was so lucky i had a chance to stay up in the Machu Piccu ruins at the only hotel there is in that vicinity. the silence at night is just amazing. you cannot see anything other than the moon reflection.

Peru is a must-see, if you have the desire to experience what pre-Columbian civilizations were about, their art, way of life, construction in stone and religious beliefs (worship of the sun, rain, etc), then go see Machu Picchu (Cusco) and the Andes. Cusco city is a serene, small town located in the highlands of Peru at 3,300 meters above sea level. its surroundings are breathtaking, just where the Andes mountains and the jungle meet, green with lots of colors contrasting.

Lima was also great, we spent two glorious sun-drenched weekends in the south of the city capital (i grew up in Lima). the downtown of Lima is a nice stroll for a couple of days with plentu of colonial sites to visit.

later in the week, i found out Oscar G was playing (though i didnt make it!), as well as Mazi (got to see him at Nua lounge). during summertime, there are some very cool small clubs in the south of Lima, Nua (where we had the greatest hospitality from our friends), Aura (great place too!), Bambudhha (they have fashion shows every week) and Cafe del Mar (good place for cocktails). i had the opportunity to see locals Christian Berger and Jumi Lee, both Peru's finest DJs, they are impressive and i hope we'll have a chance to bring them to New York very soon.

there is nothing like the summer season down in Lima, it is simple and very family-oriented and that's exactly what i went for, there is no fuss about dress codes or attitude to deal with, everyone is just very laid back -- ie No Miami bs. now am back, happy as ever and also a little sad (always have that feeling when i leave Peru, it is inevitable). think if you lived half of your life in the USA and then adopt a new home, there is always a small part of you left in the place/ culture where you grew up.

here are some pics

5365771_c2b7c3e79b.jpg

5365772_76c8f4876a.jpg

5365769_a070a66276.jpg

5365770_29645b4ed4.jpg

5365823_d2bd921cb3.jpg

Guest web_norah

yeah it was hot

definitely a must

i go two/three times a yr and usually just stay in Lima but now am travelling lots more to the highlands and other cities

Guest web_norah

i have the pics hosted on Ofoto.

they appear on FF -maybe you're using IE :(

Pod - heeeeelpppppp

maybe i should host images elsewhere :(

Guest durrtylexx

I can see the pics, and Norah I've heard awesome things from my friends that have gone to Peru. The majority of my good friends are Peruvian, I would love to go to Cuzco and Lima. Eat some real ceviche and lomo saltado. Peru is definitely on my list of destinations. I take it you didn't make it to the Nazca Lines.Thats something that I'll like to check out.

Guest web_norah

Nasca lines -> unfortunately couldnt make it, i barely had time to do a four day stay in Cusco and have the three day weekends to see family/ friends and squeeze three more days to do a city tour for my boyfriend. time marches on ....

but i plan on doing more touring trips, it is so much fun

and yes, the food is just stunning :)

Guest web_norah

the mountain there is called Huayna Pichu - i did the hike and it is very challenging and steep, takes two hrs. the place in front is the ruins of what was a city where people lived back in Incan times.

it is all within Machu Pichu

Damn I'm Jealous..... >:(

every time I go there I never have time to see anything outside of the main city Lima... except that one time I had to stay in Punta Negra because I was waiting for a replacement passport... LOooongg Story.... but I'm dying to see the lines of Nasca

Oh, & Don't be surprised if you see C.B. here pretty soon .. I had a great time with him at HOME @ AURA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...