Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sleeping Pills?

Guest Clauds

Guest Lamont-O-Licious

Lamonts momma used to say

sleep tight and dont let no bed bugs byte!

Lamont haz a cure. Lamont can cure all sleepin disordas. Lamont sayz you need a man to wear you out. Lamonts vast expericnes sayz dat if a women is taxed in juzt da right way by da time shes done its all ova but da snorin.

Dude - really - just shut the fuck up already.

Lamont lafs at U little GuyBOY! Lamont seems to always have a hata.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Clauds
Exactly Cookie! I usually work out at night on weeknights and so this is when I've started having problems going to sleep. Like I've said before, my brain keeps me up.

when u work out u gain more energy...try working out earlier...if ur brain is the one keeping u up...tired it out by doing chinese algebra or ur taxes... ;)

LOL! Well, I can't work out earlier because of work and trust me ... I've already done my taxes ;) I will soon start studying for the Series 7 Exam so that should knock me out soon enough

LOL! Well, I can't work out earlier because of work and trust me ... I've already done my taxes ;) I will soon start studying for the Series 7 Exam so that should knock me out soon enough

watch the history channel...i personally love the history channel, but all my ex's were fast asleep 5 mins into ANY history channel show... ;)

Guest Lamont-O-Licious

watch the history channel...i personally love the history channel, but all my ex's were fast asleep 5 mins into ANY history channel show... ;)

Lamont haz to wonda why you want to put da ladiz to sleep?

Guest Electric Eel

You should try melatonin.

It occurs naturally in our body to regulate sleep cycle. i use it for jet lag but it works wonderfully to help get you to sleep, doesn't make you groggy and itsn't addictive.

Check this out for more info

http://www.melatonin.com/melatonin-faq.htm

I've heard about it, works well

Claud - Anthony used to tell me about these. You should actually talk to him when he is down for conference, he'll help you out

Guest tres-b

Exercise more and eat right. Do this for a week or so and see how it works.

If it doesnt, your best bet is to speak with your doctor and get a prescription that works for you.

The only over the counter sleep aids I would consider are the all natural ones(like Valarian) and I would try using these before you get the prescription.

Sleep well.

Guest cutchemist

what is wrong with good old

DPH

Diphenhydramine (check the spelling)

it is the active ingrediant in unisom...tyl pm...etc...

always works for me

non habit forming (which is what i am most scared of in sleeping pills)

cheap

u'll be a little groggy for 30 min in the morning but u'll snap out of it by the time u get to work

Guest Lamont-O-Licious

what is wrong with good old

DPH

Diphenhydramine (check the spelling)

it is the active ingrediant in unisom...tyl pm...etc...

always works for me

non habit forming (which is what i am most scared of in sleeping pills)

cheap

u'll be a little groggy for 30 min in the morning but u'll snap out of it by the time u get to work

Lamont likes it when a lady uzes da word Diphenhydramine. It just doez somthin to me inside.

Guest cutchemist

Benadryl. Not actually a sleeping pill, but it works for some people.

Benadryl, unisom, ty pm....all have the same active ingrediant (they are all the same)....different companies "market differnt properities" of DPH Diphenhydramine.....it makes ur body relax...weather ur freakin out from allerigies, sickness, or just can't sleep

i have anxiety...my brain won't stop...i go over things i should have done or said a million times....then i go over what i'm gonna do tommorw...blah blah blah...

i worrie about everything and analyze and look in to things...

i take dph twice a week...never had ne problems...

Guest Lamont-O-Licious

Benadryl. Not actually a sleeping pill, but it works for some people.

i have anxiety...my brain won't stop...i go over things i should have done or said a million times....then i go over what i'm gonna do tommorw...blah blah blah...

i worrie about everything and analyze and look in to things...

Let Lamont take da worries away. Once you bin wit Lamont-o-Licious notin else taste as delicous.

I've been having trouble falling asleep lately even though I've been going to bed early :-\ I don't know if it's because I've started working on a daily basis (at night) and my body's just getting used to it. Then again, I'm one of those who thinks waaay too much before falling asleep (unfortunately). Anyway, I've been thinking of getting some over-the-counter sleeping pills but I'm actually kind of scared to get hooked on them.

Have any of you taken them and how safe are they? Any type of feedback is always welcomed. Thanks!

Since you're working night, your heart and mind are active more later than they were before, so after work you're all wound up. I have a lot of trouble going to sleep after work the times that I've worked till 10pm and didn't get home till half past or later, for that same reason. My biggest problem is my mind is always racing with thoughts, I'm always thinking, and although I could go to sleep at 11pm, I don't let myself until very late, because my mind is wound up (lately I've been staying up till 4-5am. It's crazy). I once asked my doc for something to relax me so I wouldn't be so stressed out during the day, and wouldn't be so anxious at night. So he gave me Zyprexor (sp?). I thought it was something to relax me during the day to cut down my stress at work, and took it in the morning before I went to work. I didn't realize it was a sleeping pill!!!! I spent the whole day nodding off at work and struggling to stay awake, and when I got home and sat down to dinner, I literally fell asleep with my fork in my hand, the fork halfway to my mouth, and my arm propped up on the elbow with the food on the fork in mid air.

I never took Zyprexor again. I needed something to relax me so I could allow myself to go to sleep, not a sleeping pill to make me pass out. ;D

With that said, I recommend Zyprexor. It will knock you out. My doc was amazed when I told him I'd taken it in the morning and fought it all day long.

Or, you could read my long-winded posts before bed. Sometimes I get sleepy just writing them. LOL. =D

LMFAOOOOOOOOoooOO :P

Guest cutchemist

that is crap....same affects as dph except you have to take 5 of them...been there done that....

i would eliminate everything ovc (over the counter) before i go Rx.....

also......don't smoke weed before u go to bed....it only makes it worse...EtOH (alcohol) is alright though...

Wine, Sex or Lots of Batteries always does the trick for me. ;)

But PLEASE DO NOT TAKE TYLENOL PM!!! When I used to "party" alot last year I would take that to fall asleep and they are terrible on your body. You pretty much go into a coma and wake up feeling more groggy than if you hadnt gone to sleep at all. I also know a few people who are hooked on them and I wouldnt want that to happen to you. ;)

Guest Clauds

But PLEASE DO NOT TAKE TYLENOL PM!!! When I used to "party" alot last year I would take that to fall asleep and they are terrible on your body. You pretty much go into a coma and wake up feeling more groggy than if you hadnt gone to sleep at all. I also know a few people who are hooked on them and I wouldnt want that to happen to you. ;)

Thanks C. I actually haven't gotten any improvements yet. I mean, last night for instance I worked out pretty late (I had no choice) and I was up for a long time when I got home. I'm starting to look very tired but I'll keep waiting to see if my body will get used to it.

We'll see what happens. I guess I'll try some of those sleep aids (like Valarian). It's supposed to be natural. Who knows?

And about drinking wine, I don't know if I want to do that every night. Don't get me wrong, I like wine but not to fall asleep. For now, I just keep drinking lots of water and trying not to fall asleep at work. LOL!

Batteries?

Guest cutchemist

i'd have to say that u should have only taken 1 pill instead of the 2 u took...yes its makes it harder to wake up and u'll be groogy but its not terrible on ur body and it is impossible to get hooked...unless ur the kind of person who gets hooked to benadryl and cough medicine because it is actually all the same drug....

valer root....lol...u'll feel nothing...

i'd have to say that u should have only taken 1 pill instead of the 2 u took...yes its makes it harder to wake up and u'll be groogy but its not terrible on ur body and it is impossible to get hooked...unless ur the kind of person who gets hooked to benadryl and cough medicine because it is actually all the same drug....

valer root....lol...u'll feel nothing...

You are ASSuming alot in this post. I only took one.

Guest cutchemist

the spec's are for 2...

that's where "take 2 and call me in the morning" came from

advil, ty, ...etc all say to take 2

i was only ASSUming that u followed the recommended dosage for adults on the back of the bottle

Guest JMT

i took 2 Tylenol PMs on 2 seperate occasions and both times woke up in a violent cold sweat in the middle of the night. i took one and it didnt seem to do that. :-\

Guest cutchemist

my point exactly...

different people are sensitive to different things...

2 might be too much for some people...and one not enough for others...

the sweats could also be from the ty....

ty pm is DPH + Acetaminophen....it might be the Acetaminophen cause as we all know that is what our moms gave us to "break our fevers" when we were sick and is still what is most commonly used today

Guest cutchemist

i went a head and looked it up

"Several medications may contribute to night sweats, but antipyretics are the most common. Acetaminophen and aspirin are cited as causes of night sweats. This is most likely a rebound effect as the antipyretic effects subside."

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20030301/1019.html

I don't know everything....but i worked in phamaceutical manufacturing for 3 years and learned a thing or two...and always brought samples home :P