Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sony PSP

Guest sanmartindj

Guest jona7

yes me! ;D Cant wait for this thing to come out...comes out in two days....This little thing can play music, movies, and show photos... :D Not to mention PS2 graphics....

Guest trancepriest

OK! Did anyone pick up their's yet? I'm heading to Walmart in a few minutes... hopefully they have some in stock. I may have to do a little driving around though. I'm not a gamer but I'm in love with the breakthrough design... and I guess a little fun couldn't hurt.

Guest trancepriest

I got mine.. will post some pics l8r.

PS... The video is super wicked on this thing.

7490147_9c0d7ecab8_o.jpg

With the ability to play top notch games, UMD movies, mp3's, mpeg4 videos... I see the Archos players getting killed by this thing specifically. It's also got WiFi, infra red and USB 2.0. Now if only I had a 2gb memory stick.

Guest trancepriest

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000510024287/ <--- its all covered here. UMD (similar to mini disc and can hold 1.8GB) and Memory sticks are the removable medias. No compact flash support. The folder structure is similar to any root level on down structure.

Hey I was thinking if a few of us get the PSP.. we can have a big spot WiFi party. My game of choice is ridge racer.. will try to get some more WiFi games later.

Guest trancepriest

My guess is that people will settle for low end storage (in the range of 1gb to 2gb)... for the benefits of having better graphics, larger screen, wifi and the best portable gaming machine on the market. The Archos graphically cannot approach the features of the PSP. And its too gimmicky otherwise.. their market base will get further reduced. The PSP is an entire new platform.... if it had a larger storage it would even threaten the iPod.. but due to the smaller storage and strong brand of Apple.. the iPod will still thrive... the small fishes like Archos will get fried though.

Guest sanmartindj

I got mine with a sandisc 1 gig card, I also got whipeout and lumines. There's a very good site where you can download movies that are already encoded in mp4 and have been adjusted to fit the psp's screen perfectly.

www.video2psp.com

And as far as pictures and music goes well it as easy as drag and drop, just make sure you drop them into the apropiate folder.

They got some of the new realeases, including my favorite so far...SAW ;)

Guest trancepriest

Hey thanks for the video link... I definitely need to upgrade the memory stick though. It would have been cool if Sony made a higher end PSP with a 40gb HD. The only game I have so far is Ridge Racer... would love to race with someone in adhoc mode.

Guest sanmartindj

hey tance priest, did you have any problems with dead pixels? I keep reading about this on the internet but the ones I've seen are perfect.

Guest trancepriest

I read about the dead pixel problem on engadget before i purchased mine and was worried about it.. but no dead pixels on mine.. perhaps I'm just lucky. :)

Guest sanmartindj

There is a way to browse the internet from the psp if you have whipeout :o

Wipeout Pure has a download feature, presumably to download additional game content in the future. It uses a simplified HTML browser to access and dowload this content. Right now, there is nothing to download, just a placeholder image on their webserver.

The PSP allows you to set all the wireless networking parameters, including the DNS server. Normally, when any DNS server does a lookup for http://ingame.scea.com/wipeout/index.html where the download content will be in the future, it returns the real address for that server.

If you have a wireless 802.11b network connected to the internet, you can configure your PSP to use it from the Network settings menus. This will let you update the system software from the settings menus, but there is no update available yet and it will tell you so.

If you have your own DNS server on your wireless network, you can configure that DNS server to return any address you want for ingame.scea.com. This will send the browser in Wipeout Pure to whatever address you want.

If you have your own webspace, you can create a /wipeout/index.html page on it with links to whatever you like. The result is that whenever you go to the Downloads feature in Wipeout Pure, the browser will go where your own DNS sends it because your DNS isn't looking up the real address.

There are many ways to achieve the same results, and how your jome network is set up affects many of them. But the basic steps are the same:

0. Have a copy of Wipeout Pure.

1. Have a 802.11b compatible wireless network.

2. Have a way to control DNS lookups for ingame.scea.com.

3. Have some other webserver address to direct to.

The ONLY changes you need to make on your PSP are for the DNS server. Point it to one that returns what you want instead of the scea.com domain and that's the whole hack.

P1010066.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/ablack6596/PSP/index.html

(content taken from www.psinext.com forums)

Guest trancepriest

I only have Ridge Racer so far... just got on the Pro Tour yesterday... now I can't win any races... lol. I did try iPSP.... but I'm waiting for a bigger memory stick. Hey if you've mastered the drift technique in the Pro Tour tell me what your doing. I usually gas into the turns... then release the gas and shift to the right or left.