Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ashtrax - Bad Red E.P. (GUSIN008)

Guest ramon

Guest ramon

Ashtrax – Bad Red E.P. (GUSIN008) RELEASED 4th April

A1 FREELOAD (FREELOVE)

B1 SOMETHING TO GET THROUGH

B2 PLAY IT ROSA (INSTRUMENTAL)

GU[MUSIC]’s latest stellar signing made up of DJ Ashley Casselle, producer James Christopher and vocalist Ben Lost. They are a band with an alternative edge ready to deliver an amazing diverse album citing influences such as The Smiths, Andy Weatherall and Joy Division.

Their first E.P. for GU[MUSIC] has the silky grooves and stabby riffs of ‘Freeload (Freelove)’, the guitar embossed epic ‘Something To Get Through’ and the lush, breakbeat fuelled ‘Play It Rosa’.

Available at www.beatport.com from 1st April.

Already a big track for the usual suspects with Danny Howells already including it on his Global Underground – Miami (GU027)

“Stunning return from Ashtrax and another fantastic release from GU:Music.†8/8 (Dave Begg – M 8 Magazine)

“A killer return for the boys.â€

5/5 Undercover Magazine

“Bad Red is an EP that is both strong and diverse; the full album is eagerly awaited. Ashtrax are back and they sound as good as ever.â€

9/10 progressivehouse.com

“Love Itâ€

Satoshi Tomiie

“Freeload is excellent and I have been caning it, works really well.â€

Anthony Pappa

“Great stuff, nice album material.â€

Chris Fortier

“I've always been a fan of their productions and this one is no exception...excellent production, tight and clean, playing this out to excellent response. Especially freeloadâ€

9 out of 10 Jerry Bonham (Spundae)

“Really impressive tracks - I love Freeload's huge bassline and wicked vibe, and Something To Get Through is equally special - great vocals and punchy percussion. My fave release of 2005 so far.â€

9.5 / 10 Chris Salt

“This new Ashtrax stuff is wicked. Freeload especially has been a highlight of my sets over the last week or two.â€

Steve Gerrard (Bedrock)

With plays from Steve Lawler, Adam Freeland, Desyn Maseilo, Steve Smart (Kiss 100), Elite Force, Flash Brothers, Chris Cargo, Suefo, Pilavian + Zimbardo, Deepgroove (Grayson Shipley), Hugh Bryder and Karl Stanton (DMC Australia).