Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Broadway Show?

Tryong to decide between the musicals "Brooklyn" and "Hairspray". Have any of you seen either of these? Thanks!

BROOKLYN THE MUSICAL

Sat Nights!

“Brooklyn Brings Down the House!†–Journal News

With “infectious pop & soul music†(Newsday), a band of soulful street-corner singers and storytellers set their stage and tell a sidewalk fairytale about a girl searching for fame & the father she never knew. With just 1 clue to lead her, she lands in the city that bears her name: Brooklyn. “Imagine ‘Hair’ or ‘Godspell,’ throw in a helping of Motown & filter the whole thing through the pyrotechnics of ‘American Idol’.â€â€“NYT “Brooklyn is a real treasure.â€-WOR Radio

Feel it for yourself at http://www.brooklynthemusical.com/svm!

OFFER: Tix are $56.25, reg $95. Good Tue 7pm, Wed-Fri 8pm, Wed/Sat 2pm, Sun 3pm. Tix are $66.25, reg $95. Good Sat 8pm. Offers good thru 6/26/05.

HAIRSPRAY

4 Weeks Only!

Don’t Miss this Dancing Romancing Musical Comedy Treat!

It's 1962 - the '50s are out and change is in the air. Baltimore's Tracy Turnblad, a big girl with big hair & an even bigger heart, has only one passion--to dance. She wins a spot on the local TV dance program and is transformed from outsider to teen celebrity overnight. Can she become a star, get the guy and still have time to change the world? "If life were everything it should be, it would be more like Hairspray!"–New York Times

OFFER: Wkdays: $60 Tix (orch/fr. mezz) & $50 Tix (rear mezz). Tix reg $80-$100. Wknds: $75 Tix (orch/fr. mezz) & $65 Tix (rear mezz). Tix reg $80-$100. Wkdays: Tue 7pm, Wed 2/8pm, Thu 8pm. Wknds: Fri 8pm, Sat 2pm, Sun 3pm. Good perfs 4/4-5/1 ONLY.

Guest web_norah

havent seen either. been doing a lot of concerts and music-related performances/ dance troupes.

We ended up with tickets to Brooklyn on 4/30. Row M orchestra center at the Plymouth Theatre. I cant wait.

BTW...EV and Norah are you guys coming to Crobar with us that Friday night for Murk?

Who are you coming up with? I want to get to see you- maybe we could arrange dinner and some drinks one nite that you're here?

We ended up with tickets to Brooklyn on 4/30. Row M orchestra center at the Plymouth Theatre. I cant wait.

BTW...EV and Norah are you guys coming to Crobar with us that Friday night for Murk?

Who are you coming up with? I want to get to see you- maybe we could arrange dinner and some drinks one nite that you're here?

There is a VERY large group of us in town April 29-31. We are going to Crobar that Friday for Murk and then a show on Saturday noght...other then that I have no plans. We are staying in Manhattan but I cant remember whcih hotel at the moment.

You know we MUST see each other. I missed you last week. :'(

There is a VERY large group of us in town April 29-31. We are going to Crobar that Friday for Murk and then a show on Saturday noght...other then that I have no plans. We are staying in Manhattan but I cant remember whcih hotel at the moment.

of course we'll get together. i missed u last week too...hope u and your friends enjoyed yourselves 8)

anyway, we'll figure it out once we get closer to the date- meantime, xoxo

Guest rollyp66

Lol you're staying @ the drake.... I'm staying in brooklyn as of right now unless plans change & I end up getting a room @ your hotel

Guest web_norah

i might come and join Evan and Carisa you for dinner/ drinks ...thats more my thing, i am not too keen on large group shindigs.

i might come and join Evan and Carisa you for dinner/ drinks ...thats more my thing, i am not too keen on large group shindigs.

HEHE...well let you know whats up. Maybe dinner and drinks before we head to the theatre on Sat night. Lee (Spyderchic is in charge of the restaurant picking). LOL!

Guest Electric Eel

HEHE...well let you know whats up. Maybe dinner and drinks before we head to the theatre on Sat night. Lee (Spyderchic is in charge of the restaurant picking). LOL!

huh?? I am?? I can find some places i'm sure, but Norah or Evan would probably do a much better job recommending somewhere.

Guest web_norah

it all depends on what you want to spend....i dont do places uptown or midtown....

West Village

Soho

East Village

there are plenty of options but it all depends on $$ and the number of people

a large group is a hassle in terms of restaurants that are cheap.

Guest Electric Eel

we just have to take into consideration that our show starts at 8, so it would be best to be around that area

Guest rollyp66

Well I think Sat night it will just be us 3 girls plus Norah and Evan. I have no idea where anything is located.

WTF maite?? you leaving me out??

Guest rollyp66

LOL! No, but us 3 girls have tickets to a show that we have to be on time for. ;)

OIC aight well you know we'll be together most of the time @ least that is what my plans are ;)

let norah and i choose a place. 5 people sounds terrific. I will look like a pimp as always. good times. we'll make sure u get to the theatre on time.

PS, you dont need to be in midtown to make it on time to a show. u just need to be on the west side. so i say west village or Chelsea. there's tons of places. where is your hotel?

Guest web_norah

West Village....i know shitload of places

a few moderate price choices:

AOC on Bleecker (French --very cute bistro style place)

EN (ok not so moderate but the place is absolutely hot Japanese brasserie)

La Palapa (Mexican, good cocktails, menu is decent and the price isnt reasonable).

i cant think of any other places right now, Evan can probably add some more choices.

Guest web_norah

Park and what the cross street? sounds like the Upper side of Manhattan....

if you have to be somewhere at 8pm and we assume it is somewhere near Times Square, Evan is right, best bet is eat somewhere West...and a cabbie will get you there quick.

Guest Electric Eel

I'm not too familiar with NY, we trust whatever you guys tell us. So dinner somewhere west sounds good to me :D

Heres the hotels location

H2O7ZL03.JPG?&cvt=jpeg

The theater we are going to is between broadway and 8th ave