Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CLICK BEEP BOOM REVIEW

CrzyC1414779017

First of all I want to say Thanks to Ramon for taking a chance and putting on a night like this. Its one thing to sit around and bitch that the music you love isnt being played anywhere but to go out and make it happen is outstanding. Ramon, you are a man of vision and I love that you follow your vision and take chances.

Now onto the party...

1) The venue (The Drink)...as soon as I walked in I recognized the place. It used to be an afterhours club called "Pump". They havent done much to it since the last time I was there in 2001. It still has that dark, cavelike, afterhours feel. Its also pretty big place to fill. Right now the DJ is upstairs in a really cool VIP area but you cant see him/her. My suggestion would be to see if you can move the dj downstairs onto the dancefloor area. That will give the room a more intimate feel and would make it easier to fill up the space.

2) The bartender....RAWKS!!! The man knows how to pour a drink. Prices are the typical $8-$10 per drink.

3) The music...I only stayed till 3 but Domingo was doing a GREAT JOB!!!! You could def tell a difference when he got on the decks.The opening DJ was a bit...ehhh but I dont even know who it was.

4) The crowd...being the first night, it was mostly us CJ peeps out to support our boy Ramon but there were several other people there too. Ramon, you are really going to have to promote this party on ALL techno realated boards and flyer the crap out of the beach and downtown Miami. It will be hard to pull people off the street in that area since its hiphop town so do the footwork beforehand. ;)

Overall I think the night will work if you can get some more people in there. Of course the music format isnt house or hiphop so its going to be a hard party to fill but keep trying. You know I will be there to support you when Im on the beach on Friday nights!!!!

Much Respect!

Great review Carisa! And I agree with pretty much everything you said, especially moving the dj downstairs close to the dancefloor. Unfortunately I wasn't there long enough and got there too late to catch Domingo's set. :'( And I wasn't anywhere near sober either but with some hard promoting work and a few changes inside, I can see that this place does have some potential. ;D

Guest lyrik

Great review Carisa! And I agree with pretty much everything you said, especially moving the dj downstairs close to the dancefloor. Unfortunately I wasn't there long enough and got there too late to catch Domingo's set. :'( And I wasn't anywhere near sober either but with some hard promoting work and a few changes inside, I can see that this place does have some potential. ;D

Damn I must have just missed everyone - I stopped in at 345am after walking a friend home from Blue. I liked the place - its surprisingly bigger than you would expect - I looked around inside for some familiar faces - talked with bingo for a sec - he mentioned people may have been upstairs but I wasn't about to go searching in the dark - so I finished my beer and headed home - Nova was on when I was there and he playing some nice funky techno - with a very danceable edge to it - not just thump thump thump. As I told Ramon it just sucks because everyone knows the week right after conference is one of the most slow weeks in Miami - I can see good things for this place with the right amount of promo and devotion - I'll def be stopping back in soon.

Damn I must have just missed everyone - I stopped in at 345am after walking a friend home from Blue. I liked the place - its surprisingly bigger than you would expect - I looked around inside for some familiar faces - talked with bingo for a sec - he mentioned people may have been upstairs but I wasn't about to go searching in the dark - so I finished my beer and headed home - Nova was on when I was there and he playing some nice funky techno - with a very danceable edge to it - not just thump thump thump. As I told Ramon it just sucks because everyone knows the week right after conference is one of the most slow weeks in Miami - I can see good things for this place with the right amount of promo and devotion - I'll def be stopping back in soon.

That's funny cause I stopped into Blue right after leaving Drink. Marc was spinning but I didn't see Seth anywhere. Did he spin last night? ???

Guest lyrik

That's funny cause I stopped into Blue right after leaving Drink. Marc was spinning but I didn't see Seth anywhere. Did he spin last night? ???

Ya Seth had left like around 3 becaase Maria's knee wasn't feeling to good - I had to walk one of their friends down to like 9th st after that so I decided to check out the drink because Lula (Michelle) had stopped in over at Blue earlier. Seth was of course on top of his game.

Guest Mia-Angel

Wow PUMP ! That brings back some old afterhours memories from the days of Pump, Kit Kat and The Mix. I am definitely going to check this place out next week.

Guest musicalmissionary

I had a good time. I'll keep doing my part and showing up.

I do have a suggestion though. Just my $0.02... but I think Ramon should consider having some "house" dj open up to help bring some heads. I love techno and all, but there's no denying that there aren't that many people out there that like techno ALL NIGHT. But if you get them in the door and get them grooving to something familiar, then you can drop whatever you want on them. Someone like Chibale or Sebastion might warm the place up a bit and prepare them for some schooling. Anyways, just my $0.02.

First of all I want to say Thanks to Ramon for taking a chance and putting on a night like this. Its one thing to sit around and bitch that the music you love isnt being played anywhere but to go out and make it happen is outstanding. Ramon, you are a man of vision and I love that you follow your vision and take chances.

Now onto the party...

1) The venue (The Drink)...as soon as I walked in I recognized the place. It used to be an afterhours club called "Pump". They havent done much to it since the last time I was there in 2001. It still has that dark, cavelike, afterhours feel. Its also pretty big place to fill. Right now the DJ is upstairs in a really cool VIP area but you cant see him/her. My suggestion would be to see if you can move the dj downstairs onto the dancefloor area. That will give the room a more intimate feel and would make it easier to fill up the space.

2) The bartender....RAWKS!!! The man knows how to pour a drink. Prices are the typical $8-$10 per drink.

3) The music...I only stayed till 3 but Domingo was doing a GREAT JOB!!!! You could def tell a difference when he got on the decks.The opening DJ was a bit...ehhh but I dont even know who it was.

4) The crowd...being the first night, it was mostly us CJ peeps out to support our boy Ramon but there were several other people there too. Ramon, you are really going to have to promote this party on ALL techno realated boards and flyer the crap out of the beach and downtown Miami. It will be hard to pull people off the street in that area since its hiphop town so do the footwork beforehand. ;)

Overall I think the night will work if you can get some more people in there. Of course the music format isnt house or hiphop so its going to be a hard party to fill but keep trying. You know I will be there to support you when Im on the beach on Friday nights!!!!

Much Respect!

Nice

Congratz Ramon sorry I missed it.

Now onto the party...

Much Respect!

hey bling !! you forgot to log out carisa :-\ :-X

Guest james stratus

I made it there about 4am after walking through Hip-Hop hell because I thought the address was 641. The clubs change names every 60 seconds down there so that is why I thought the "Drink" was down there. Walked north after that and finally saw Ramon in his white jacket and said what's up. Had no cash so I went on the hunt for an ATM and realized as I was walking that I was torn up drunk and had to go home. I'll make it past the rope next week... if all goes well that is.

Guest coach

We were out of town, so we missed it, but we should be there this week! I really want to see it make it because we need to push the EDM south down Washington.

Guest RCordeschi

Nice to see some familiar faces on Friday. Some of you got a kick out of seeing me at the door. Hey C., we need to get me a t-shirt that says "WHO'S LIST ARE YOU ON, BITCH?" ....LOL!!!

Nice shirts girls. I had a good time. Can't wait to do it again.

Nice to see some familiar faces on Friday. Some of you got a kick out of seeing me at the door. Hey C., we need to get me a t-shirt that says "WHO'S LIST ARE YOU ON, BITCH?" ....LOL!!!

Nice shirts girls. I had a good time. Can't wait to do it again.

OMG that woud be too funny. LOL!