Clubplanet Nightlife Community

London Calling...

Guest Diabolique

Guest Diabolique

Next weekend, I might have a free day in London if I do not go to Leeds. What are your favorite sights, neighborhoods, and places to eat in the Central London area?

Guest web_norah

Oxo Tower in London is my favorite place to eat

and just around it is the London Eye, Thames and Big Ben.

if i was in Leeds, i'd go see Back to Basics.

Guest Diabolique

thanks Norah :)

What is back to basics? I'm hoping to hitch a ride to leeds and back. No trian service in the morning from Leeds to London, plus it an arm & a leg to travel RT from london to leeds and back.

bloodybuggerybullocks!

Guest patmc

Another couple of good spots to eat are:

blueprint cafe@butlers wharf, right next to tower bridge.

Clapham is a really cool place, just get the northern line down to Clapham North or Clapham Common and walk around - it is pretty nice, big park, loads of pubs. Blackheath is similar to Clapham but a lot less ruff around the edges - plus you get great views of the city as it is on a hill.

Clubwise you could do worse than check out The Cross(Kings Cross, Northern Line), The End (Tottenham Court Road, Central) or Turnmills(Clerkenwell, TAXI!). Fabric (Farringdon, Metropolitan) is cool and has some great bars around it.

Hope this helps!

Pat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Diabolique

Thanks Patrick, I'll be sure to check that out next time. I was there for all of 48 hours, & crammed in as much fun as I could. I went to Brighton instead of Leeds, and had a total blast. It was a tease tho, so I might head back there for my bday this summer. Sucks tho, that Glastonbury Festival is ON my Bday, and you can't even Ebay tix to that. :'(

so dumb their name attachment to the Glastonbury ticket, not fair...

Guest patmc

Nice,

Did you go to concorde? Brighton is in my opinion a much better choice! I will keep my ear to the ground and see if any of my friends have a spare ticket for Glastonbury, If they have promo tickets (industry tickets) they might not be linked to a name.

p

Guest Diabolique

Nice,

Did you go to concorde? Brighton is in my opinion a much better choice! I will keep my ear to the ground and see if any of my friends have a spare ticket for Glastonbury, If they have promo tickets (industry tickets) they might not be linked to a name.

p

:o:) I would be very gratful, and would insist on showing my gratitude if that were to happen. Thank You very much for thinking of that! That'd be SWELL! ;D *crosses fingers*

no I only went to Brighton during the day, walked around a lot, just enjoyed the sights. I was supposed to go to Leeds to hear FreQ Nasty spin, but online it said the train tickets were $$$$ and that they didn't run on Sunday, when I got to brighton, I realized minutes too late that it was quite inexp, and that they ran on Sunday. I was up all night all day, and was just

exhausted, slept on the train ride back to London...until the jet lag kicked in, LOL...

Brighton really appeals to me too. :) very charming little beach town, not unlike the two places where i grew up. Of course I had to look at the local flat rental pics in the real estate office windows ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest web_norah

Brighton is a nice town...reminds me a lot of SFO, quirky and with lots of character.

in 2 weeks i am off to London again

going to see Laurent Garnier, the theatre and the London Gallery.

Guest barstar diana

Brighton is a nice town...reminds me a lot of SFO, quirky and with lots of character.

in 2 weeks i am off to London again

going to see Laurent Garnier, the theatre and the London Gallery.

YOUR SOO LUCK YY :o