Clubplanet Nightlife Community

intelligent drum n bass

Guest blake

Guest blake

hello, im fairly new to the area & curious about the different scenes in the miami area. im originally from GA and currently live in fort lauderdale. as the subject line says, im really lookin for an intelligent/atmospheric drum n bass scene/club/bar/lounge?? i like djs/producers like bukem, makoto, nookie, seba, big bud, blame, etc (big fan of the glo huh) =] ...really just some place where i can kick back, relax, & not get judged on how much money one makes & who do u know [if thats possible]. ive always heard conflictin opinions on the miami scene, now i guess its time to evaluate it myself. i would really appreciate it if someone could help me out, please respond to this or hit my email up ... Thanks, again

b

Guest rollyp66

Welcome to the board...welcome to the area, where in ATL are you from? I have some good friends up there. As for the DnB scene I don't know much about it so I won't even lie to you

Guest blake

actually its funny, everyone thinks im from the atl when i say im from GA, even @ work. im from a lil town in south GA, thomasville right outside of tallahassee. ive been to the atl way to many times for parties. . . come on, there has to be some place in miami for intelligent/atmospheric drum n bass? anyways, lookin forward to meetin some peeps in the near future. definitely hittin up the howells show in a couple of weeks...wishin lawler or burridge would drop back by? later

b

"its all a matter of opinion"

Guest scarab

actually its funny, everyone thinks im from the atl when i say im from GA, even @ work. im from a lil town in south GA, thomasville right outside of tallahassee. ive been to the atl way to many times for parties. . . come on, there has to be some place in miami for intelligent/atmospheric drum n bass? anyways, lookin forward to meetin some peeps in the near future. definitely hittin up the howells show in a couple of weeks...wishin lawler or burridge would drop back by? later

b

intelligent drum and bass is scarce in Miami, you might find it at some of the ravey parties

you used to be able to hear this out a few years ago , when there was actually a "scene" down here , now its all clubland

check out dj blue , he spins out on occaison at some of these smaller parties, he's one of the only ones that plays this

Guest coach

Check at Lounge 16 in South Beach, they were doing a DnB party, although I don't even know what "intelligent" DnB might be, so I can't say if it is that. Also, at X-it and Sonar in Hollywood, they have some DnB stuff. Like was said, it is all kind of ravey and young, but if that's your thing, then those are some good places to check.

Guest rollyp66

b

I know where Thomasville is! I got pulled over there a few years back....lol Lee, I'm sure you've heard the story from when we(Your brother & I) were coming back from Tennessee...

Guest james stratus

Atmospheric DnB is scarce as was said before, and more than likely non-existent down here. I haven't kept up with DnB for a good while now, but the Tech Step and Ragga have been the norm. There is Infrastructure thursdays at Lounge 16 here on the beach for you to check out, but how chill it might be on any particular night I couldn't tell you. They do have some quality talent though.

All D&B -

Monthlies:

Usually @

> Players (Miami)

> Sonar (Hollywood)

> I/O (Miami)

Weeklies:

> Infrastructure @ Lounge 16 (Thur - Miami)

> Basic / Insight @ E-BAR (Tues - Ft. Lauderdale)

Insight used to be on Monday @ E-BAR downtown Ft. Ladi - and was the longest running D&B Weekly (in the area)... it just moved to Tues and starts again Next month..

8)

The D&B scene is actuall pretty big here but very underground

Hope this helps...

B~

Guest pod

I recommend the Thursday party at Lounge 16.

Intelligent Drum n Bass, huh? I wonder what Stupid Drum n Bass sounds like?

Guest blake

thanks for all the replies, im really not into american drum n bass, just the UK style, but thanks for suggestion somethin. talk to a friend today & he mentioned somethin about a dj blue, any way to find a download of his or an event i can catch his at. & sorry to the guy who got pulled over in thomasville, south GA cops are the worst. see ya'll around...

blake