Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Norman Jay @ Touch Review w/ Pics

Bling

With the continued delays of Nocturnal opening, Aquabooty moved their event to Touch on Lincoln Road. Going into this event I knew it would be different. NOt only was the venue completely unique for an event such as this but the music was some of the most different I have ever heard in a live set....

Arriving around 11 with Phil, we walked in and everyone was still dining. The restaurant is really nice to have dinner but for an event like this.......... :-X (though the aquabooty crew did perform a small miracle to get the party off the ground and they did a great job nonetheless)

we went to the back by the dj booth on a little stage and sat on some steps. everyone around us was eating and waiters were walking to and fro... we felt awkward so we left and went to Ghirardelli for ice cream.......awesome icecream...........def try the brownie hot fudge sundae.....

after running to get more batteries for my camera, we bump into Gina and Alan and Sami on the way...

by the time we get back the tables were moved out of the way and it was on..........

Aquabooty despite the situation always delievers.....

there were so many hot women there.... OMG hot blondes all over...........

up on decks first were multiple members of DHM. (still tough for me to figure out which is which still LOL)

in attendance was richard vasquez the awesome older dj from the Jay J at State party.

Norman Jay took over around 1230 or so....

Saleen always likes to talk about classics...... THIS WAS CLASSICS.......... the man played 70's disco most of the nite..... it was great......... tracks like "I LOVEEEEEEE MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC"

(edited....... this part....... after reading kelly's post and researching on the style of dj's back in the day.... his style was actually not god awful lol" just unique.... not my cup of tea but nevertheless difference is good :)

his track selection was awesome. he played a ton of disco and classic house and some soulful house as well.

tough to track id... as even joe commented..... "I WANT TO SEE U TRACK ID THIS .... UMMMMMM THIS IS FROM 1974,THIS FROM 1978" LOL

though it started to empty out early..... and a lot of cjers left earlier on in the nite, myself and phil stuck it out..

It was great to see KellyKel(hope u got home safe), Sheldon, Vivek, Digital7 (from afar), NickJunkie, Sarah, Michael Louis, Reza (thanks for the cd),and Pod's protege photographer.

Once again Aquabooty delievers great music...... aquabooty rocks

touch.jpg

drink.jpg

Some nastyyyyyyy strong brazilian drink that PHil got that couldnt even drink cuz it was too strong . dyamn

DHM GUYS

dhm2.jpg

dhm.jpg

josetomasandnorman.jpg

Joe Budious, Tomas and Norman Jay

normanjay.jpg

norman2.jpg

dinji.jpg

Dinji Brown dancing his heart out... (he was all over that dance floor)

dinji3.jpg

ddancin.jpg

sheldondancing.jpg

OMG no.... my eyes decieveth me..... is that SHELDON DANCING :o

group.jpg

The 70's lovin disco house crew :) (Phil, Gina, Alan and Kelly)

blingandkelly.jpg

Kelly and Myself

crowd.jpg

Is that Brutus from Popeye cartoons... nah its just some guy with maracas :P

touchtoes.jpg

My entry into the Feet pics (I GIVE YOU TOUCH TOES)....sory about the pic quality lol.... these feet attached to a hotttttttttt blonde girl :)

Besides 'Let the Sunshine In', I only spotted some of the more recent house tracks:

Jask - 'Freedom'

Kimara Lovelace - 'Misery'

Shaun Escoffery - 'Days Like This'

I forget the artist - 'Soul Heaven'

He also played the vocals from Junior Jack's 'Stupidisco' (or maybe Junior Jack used them from some old track, not sure)and that other track 'I Can't Wait for the Weekend.' For the most part it was classic disco tracks and everyone was dancing.

All in all, awesome track selection, mixing left VERY MUCH to be desired, IMO. I can certainly appreciate that his set was 100% vinyl.

DHM boys ROCKED (yeah, so what's new?).

I wasn't feeling the venue at all (except for all the hot girls). Sound was surprisingly pretty damn decent for a restaurant setting. And just like in some previous Aquabooty events, I don't think the management realized how big the crowd would be. Bar was understaffed unfortunately.

Needless to say, I was there about 4 hours and my legs were tired from dancing. I had fun.

Bling, you spelled Ghirardelli wrong. ;D

Guest KellyKel

Saleen always likes to talk about classics...... THIS WAS CLASSICS.......... the man played 70's disco most of the nite..... it was great......... tracks like "I LOVEEEEEEE MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC"

HIS mixing was god awful though. he basically just went from disco track to house track to disco track. maybe about half a dozen times in his 5 hr set did a mix sound right.

his track selection was awesome. he played a ton of disco and classic house and some soulful house as well.

Yeah...his set was awesome!!

He definitely took it back...back in the day when Pradise Garage was in the scene...

His mixing is really a style...old school..and it was freekin' awesome to hear that!!

I loved the remix he dropped of Stealers Wheel "Stuck in the Middle With You" ;D

He definitely had the place goin...with applauses and woots...

I'm so happy I was able to see him play!

As far as Touch goes...it was ok..I got there really late (2am) and everyone was dancing...I personally like the DJ booth...it had stickers all over it like a giant record box...plus the lighting was pretty cool...Norman Jay looked like a God up there!

It was great to see you guys too! (Philip and Bling)

And yes...I made it home fine...lol

Guest Devilicious

The drink was a Caipirinha. They actually put a stick of raw sugar cane in it! ;D

cachaca is quite possibly the most disgusting liquor ever distilled.

HIS mixing was god awful though. he basically just went from disco track to house track to disco track. maybe about half a dozen times in his 5 hr set did a mix sound right.

Yeah...his set was awesome!!

He definitely took it back...back in the day when Pradise Garage was in the scene...

His mixing is really a style...old school..and it was freekin' awesome to hear that!!

I loved the remix he dropped of Stealers Wheel "Stuck in the Middle With You" ;D

He definitely had the place goin...with applauses and woots...

I'm so happy I was able to see him play!

As far as Touch goes...it was ok..I got there really late (2am) and everyone was dancing...I personally like the DJ booth...it had stickers all over it like a giant record box...plus the lighting was pretty cool...Norman Jay looked like a God up there!

It was great to see you guys too! (Philip and Bling)

And yes...I made it home fine...lol

:-*

Guest AlanS

Come on everybody, wear your rollerskates today

It's Saturday, Saturday

Saturday, it's Saturday

Saturday, it's Saturday

Saturday, it's Saturday-ay

;D

Guest Reza

Come on everybody, wear your rollerskates today

It's Saturday, Saturday

Saturday, it's Saturday

Saturday, it's Saturday

Saturday, it's Saturday-ay

;D

De La Soul/A Roller Skatin' Jam Named Saturdays

Had to redeem myself Alan ;)

Guest djtroko

First of all I would like to say that nice meeting you Bling. My review goes like this:

I really liked the place for small intimate parties. The decor is pretty cool and the sound and lighting were perfect for a lounge/restaurant/bar venue. The drinks were a bit expensive but I personally don't complain about the issue cause its Miami and second its Lincoln. Nevertheless, the drinks were strong... I got there around 11am and the place was starting to rock. I liked both djs that played before NJ... Nice style and good mixing. Place got much more confortable after they moved around a couple of tables. Very nice looking ladies everywhere. When NJ stepped in the crowd started to get more into the groove... My opinion of NJ is...

I loved his set... Yes his mixing was odd and he wasn't beatmatching but I think it was a style and the records he played werent programmed to be beatmatched but fuck!!! he played some nasty disco funk that had everybody shakin their asses... He even played some deep house tunes that were fantastic... I really enjoyed the party and hope that there are more like it... Keep em comin and can't wait till Nocturnal opens already... I will post my pics from the party later this afternoon @ CP...

See ya laterz

Guest james stratus

Sorry I missed this :( I was too dead from Friday Night/Saturday Morning and Afternoon :P

And Kelly, No more extensions :o;)

Guest web_norah

i've seen Norman in different venues and never noticed he didnt mix well....in fact, i really enjoyed his style, mixing up old and new stuff and dropping lots of soulful tunes.

sounds like a fun party though.

Nice review...

and yes i was there... but invisible :P

and for some the reason the place was crawling with blondes.. I did notice that too. esp when I molested in the corner by two MILFS / Cougars :o

I thought everything was great but there was absoutlely NO room in the place for hours.. and I didn't leave until almost 4am

SALEEN U missed a REAL Classix night...

Any DJ who's done it for more than 10-15 years can tell you, its not about playing the "latest".... its about playing the "greatest" !!! 8)

Besides 'Let the Sunshine In', I only spotted some of the more recent house tracks:

Jask - 'Freedom'

Kimara Lovelace - 'Misery'

Shaun Escoffery - 'Days Like This'

I forget the artist - 'Soul Heaven'

He also played the vocals from Junior Jack's 'Stupidisco' (or maybe Junior Jack used them from some old track, not sure)and that other track

pointer sister 'baby make ur move'