Guest wavewhore

Guest wavewhore

WAVEWHORE - "Breakin' The Law"

ELECTROFLY RECORDS - ELECTRO018

A. Original Mix

AA. 40,000 Watts Remix

Distribution: InterGroove UK Ltd. www.intergroove.co.uk

Release Date: May 2, 2005

Wavewhore has experimented with audio waveforms and styles of electronic music since the early nineties. His early years were spent playing metal guitar in a host of bar bands which toured the New York City area. In 1991, Well Primed records released 'The Thorazine Stretch Factor', a compilation which featured his first dive into the realm of electronic dance music titled ‘Voodoo’. In 2001, Wavewhore founded Audio Tactics, an audio production house dedicated to styles of electronic music such as breakbeat and contemporary dub. The following year, Wavewhore’s ‘Bulletproof’, a drum and bass track, was featured in a film by Julie Covello titled ‘Prohibited Beatz’ documenting the New York drum and bass scene. As a DJ, Wavewhore can be found delivering high energy breakbeat or chilled out dub sets at various venues in his home base of New York City and he currently maintains a residency called ‘Unbreakable’ at the award winning Sullivan Room in Manhattan. His DJ skills have been featured on numerous radio shows such as BreaksFM and upcoming shows include 92.3 K-Rock FM, Proton Radio and an artist feature on www.BijouBreaks.com.

‘Breakin The Law’ is his first single for Electrofly and takes the label down a more funky dance floor friendly route… jump up beats & bass stylleee!

Support from Elite Force, Jay Cunning, The Autobots, Chris Fortier, Jonathan Lisle, Bill Vega & Soto…

“A mighty tune!†Elite Force on the 40,000 Watts Remix

"I'll try and play it on the radio (my kiss100 show) this week" Tayo

"That demo is wicked... All the bulbs that I ever needed to put out - you did it for me. I owe you one… Yeah, Breakin’ The Law is really good shit mate!" Jez of The Autobots

"Loving it every time I play it!" Bill Vega

“A new release from Electrofly is always welcome; a label who seem to have found themselves in that kind of progressive bracket; the kind of breaks that I imagine Sasha or Digweed might play, but definitely not Mechanoise. They have put out some really interesting releases and occasionally some that have been, how shall we put this, a little ‘light’. Anyway, this is not one of those and is actually one of their most playable, dancefloor friendly releases to date. It’s strangely reminiscent of really good, solid house music from the mid 90’s and brings a warm feeling with it. It’s pretty simple really; a tight little groove which keeps repeating, warm synthy sounds are added to the mix following variations of the same pattern and it just keeps building and subtly changing. The 40,000 watts mix is the one that’s aimed more firmly at the floor. It’s a bit more stripped down but with extra kick and attitude in the bass and drums. Simple but really effective tracks that are instantly accessible. Solid.†Soto (M8 Magazine)

Promos available at:

Streetwise Music

Base Records

Release Records

And check your local beat dealers for the official release May 2, 2005!!!

www.wavewhore.com

www.audiotactics.us

www.electrofly.co.uk

electro.gif

Electrofly-Chrysalis-Flying.jpg