Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tallest condo tower proposed for Miami.

Guest pod

Guest pod

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/11564937.htm

110 stories? 1200 feet?

Isn't gonna happen. Real estate market goes bust next year. I was chatting with a friend of mine last night who's in the business of investments and making money. I suggested the idea, and he agreed. I don't know crap about real estate or the financial markets, but even I can see the real estate boom is gonna fall flat. I jokingly said invest in cattle futures, but we checked into it and cattle futures look good. Gonna go buy some cows.

I'd like to see this built, but they better make it mixed-use or commerical.

Guest tres-b

Affordable condos for the young middle class is a great mkt to go after. Throw in some retail on the ground level and you have a good looking property.

Guest macboy

In these times, living in the tallest building in any major city just doesn't seem appealing.

Guest pod

Condos suck. Who the hell wants to spend 300K and up for a glorified apartment?

300 K and I want a swimming pool and a backyard. My friend got a home off of 110th and Biscayne for less than that with both a pool and a backyard.

Guest slamminshaun

300 K and I want a swimming pool and a backyard. My friend got a home off of 110th and Biscayne for less than that with both a pool and a backyard.

Recently? I'm surprised if so. In case anyone's interested, I'm selling my house with a pool/spa, etc....big backyard...for $299K. 8) I'm "seller motivated" if you know what I mean...

Guest pod

It was sold direct. Half of what drives it up around these parts is the egoes of the mortgage brokers.

Guest Devilicious

I totally agree.....million dollar condos are overrated. Don't get me wrong I'd take one if it was being offered, but I prefer an older house with my own land to all the anemities and luxury in one of the fabulous high-rises anyday. You can't put a price tag on having your own space, and for me that means indoor and out ;)

I totally agree.....million dollar condos are overrated. Don't get me wrong I'd take one if it was being offered, but I prefer an older house with my own land to all the anemities and luxury in one of the fabulous high-rises anyday. You can't put a price tag on having your own space, and for me that means indoor and out ;)

Werd...

Guest swirlundergrounder

110 stories? 1200 feet?

Isn't gonna happen. Real estate market goes bust next year. I was chatting with a friend of mine last night who's in the business of investments and making money. I suggested the idea, and he agreed. I don't know crap about real estate or the financial markets, but even I can see the real estate boom is gonna fall flat. I jokingly said invest in cattle futures, but we checked into it and cattle futures look good. Gonna go buy some cows.

That's why I'm still renting and saving my money so that when the market go's bust next year and all these prices go down is when I'm gonna buy a house....

Guest slamminshaun

110 stories? 1200 feet?

That's why I'm still renting and saving my money so that when the market go's bust next year and all these prices go down is when I'm gonna buy a house....

Don't think they're going down to where they started....you might expect a small retraction, but no way are you going to pay under $300K for a house down there anytime soon.

Guest swirlundergrounder

110 stories? 1200 feet?

Isn't gonna happen. Real estate market goes bust next year. I was chatting with a friend of mine last night who's in the business of investments and making money. I suggested the idea' date=' and he agreed. I don't know crap about real estate or the financial markets, but even I can see the real estate boom is gonna fall flat. I jokingly said invest in cattle futures, but we checked into it and cattle futures look good. Gonna go buy some cows.

[/quote']That's why I'm still renting and saving my money so that when the market go's bust next year and all these prices go down is when I'm gonna buy a house....

Don't think they're going down to where they started....you might expect a small retraction, but no way are you going to pay under $300K for a house down there anytime soon.

I'm not looking to buy a house for under $300,000

Guest pod

empireworldtowers6xm.jpg

Rough idea of what they would look like. Kinda sticks out, but the rendering doesn't account for the other projects going up in the area.

I'm guessing this is just a preliminary idea, too.

Guest swirlundergrounder

empireworldtowers6xm.jpg

Rough idea of what they would look like. Kinda sticks out, but the rendering doesn't account for the other projects going up in the area.

I'm guessing this is just a preliminary idea, too.

Before they do any of this they need to fix the way the roads are configured in Downtown Miami... All those twists and turns through downtown wouldn't help the traffic problem a project like this would make...

Guest pod

Well, when the Museum Park area gets laid down, they are gonna re-align that section of Biscayne. Much needed anyway. I'm not a big fan of the Museum Park project...I think the area should have been made into an actual park, which Downtown Miami sorely lacks. Miami has plenty of museums, they're just scattered...

Guest swirlundergrounder

isn't Aqualina the tallest one currently?

You could be right. The Aqualina is pretty tall

Guest swirlundergrounder

isn't Aqualina the tallest one currently?

You could be right. The Aqualina is pretty tall

yea, 52 story complex

sammy sosa bought one of their 2 level PH there

Is Aqualina that tall?