Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ballin' on a Budget

Guest Birdman_Tha_3rd

Guest Birdman_Tha_3rd

Whats happenin' room. I'm visiting SOBE from Los Angeles with my lady and I arrive in a Thursday. Can anyone give me some suggestions on some affordable entertainment in South Beach?

Guest vegasguy25

I hate to be a buzzkill bro, but Miami Beach isn't really the place you want to be visiting if money is a big issue. Expenses can add up there fairly quickly; I don't recall anything in Miami Beach being cheap.

Guest Birdman_Tha_3rd

Man, you guys are killin' me here. I'm just trying to get some SOBE advice.

Guest coach

Man, you guys are killin' me here. I'm just trying to get some SOBE advice.

LOL, it's a harsh town. Seriously, though, it ain't cheap. Although it may not be as pricey as parts of LA. Give us a better idea of what your budget is like and maybe we can give you better information. I mean, if there is just 2 of you, you can have a good time on a couple hundred a day (plus room), easy.

Guest Birdman_Tha_3rd

Sure thing coach, my hotel is already set up and I rented a car as well. With that out of the way, I'm trying to see what we can accomplish on $100/day.

Guest coach

Check the food thread for some good restaurant recommendations. You are probably gonna want to stay away from Ocean Drive, just hit up Lincoln or Espanola for food. If you need something really cheap late at night, check out Raffi's on Collins just north of Espanola.

As far as the clubs go, get on the guestlists from this site and get there early. At that budget, you'll probably end up being fairly sober, but you can still enjoy some great music and get your dance on.

Note that South Beach itself does not have much in the way of watersports. No real waves, no snorkeling. You can rent a jetski is about all there is besides just laying in the sun. For other stuff, I would recommend going to Key Biscayne which is right off downtown Miami.

Plus, since you are coming to Miami, you should really get out to see the Everglades. You can get an airboat ride fairly reasonably out off of US 41. Head past all the commercialized ones to Buffalo Tiger's and you will have a ball. Even pet an Alligator, if you have the guts.

Guest KellyKel

I hate to be a buzzkill bro, but Miami Beach isn't really the place you want to be visiting if money is a big issue. Expenses can add up there fairly quickly; I don't recall anything in Miami Beach being cheap.

You could eat at Raffi's (1.50 Empanadas)

and Pizza Rustica...(4 dollar slices)

If ya wanna drink...forget going to the bars or clubs...VERY pricy...you could go ghetto stylee and go to a liqour store down there and buy a pint or two of your choice..and a few mixers...and a backpack...voila! haha

Other than that...not much that's budget qualified.. :P

Guest durrtylexx

You could eat at Raffi's (1.50 Empanadas)

and Pizza Rustica...(4 dollar slices)

If ya wanna drink...forget going to the bars or clubs...VERY pricy...you could go ghetto stylee and go to a liqour store down there and buy a pint or two of your choice..and a few mixers...and a backpack...voila! haha

Other than that...not much that's budget qualified.. :P

werd, don't forget to bring a flask.

Guest KellyKel

Does anyone have any advice for parking in South beach?

The garages are prolly your best bet...valet at hotels is 18 bucks a day...the garages are about 6 dollars an hour...some of them start at like 1 per hour and go up after a couple hours....the garages I know of are on 7th and Collins

16th and Washington

also a huge lot at 17th and Washington...

Good luck dude! :)

Guest tres-b

Isn't that an oxy moron, you can't be a baller on a budget can you? :P

and who the hell wants to be a baller anyway? Isnt there a hip hop forum somewhere for that kind of thing? :P

Guest soozin

the cheapest lot i know of is the one on like 17th and washington by the convention center. just park there.. if you are there more than 24 hrs or whatever it might be cheaper to "lose" your ticket... then its like $8 or something.

Guest Devilicious

Does anyone have any advice for parking in South beach?

Don't ! If you plan on staying in South Beach cancel the car rental

Exactly.....there is no need for a car unless you plan on making a day trip somewhere, and if that's the case you should be renting for that day only. South Beach is tiny.

You can check out Vizcaya: http://www.vizcayamuseum.org/

for a day trip. I went to a few Marlins games last year for pretty cheap. If you're here on a Saturday head down to Nikki Beach in the afternoon for great tunes, food and drink. Avoid expensive cocktails by filling a camelpak with Patron and pretending it's water.

People watch on Lincoln Rd. or Ocean. We've got the Bass Museum and the Wolfsonian right here on the beach as well. There are many art galleries on Lincoln that you can wonder around in free of charge. Don't miss artist Howard Austin Feld.

Good luck!

Guest tres-b

Avoid expensive cocktails by filling a camelpak with Patron and pretending it's water.

Possibly the best advice I have ever seen given on these boards.

Guest coach

Yeah, agreed on the car issue. If you are planning on just staying on SoBe, ditch the car idea and apply the money to alcohol or whatever. In any case, do not get a vehicle unless your hotel offers free parking/valet for customers. Also, don't know how old you are but remember that clubs are 21+.

Guest Satan

pack wisely: SOBE DIET

bring your own liquor (see talmage's post)

1 can of tuna for each day youre staying and a box of crackers

2 pastillas of your choice per party night in case you get a headache.

use this message board to get on lists for clubs at reduced price or free (see Negrodamus or other promoters)

3 condoms in case you or your buddy get lucky

but no matter what else you scrimp on, please bathe regularly, dont burn peeps with cigarettes, and dont sweat on me when i walk past you. you'll be fine, and by the time you get back to cali you'll weigh about a buck-0-5.

Guest Birdman_Tha_3rd

Thanks alot to everyone that contributed to this post for the info. If anybody has anymore info, don't hesitate to post.

Guest james stratus

The best in drinking math is this:

1 Wet Willies Call a Cab ($7~8) = 3, 4, or 5 $9-$12 drinks everywhere else!