Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Warehouse...no support for Tsettos or House

Guest Nefarious Girl

Guest Nefarious Girl

Went to Warehouse to support Danny Tsettos and it was DEAD (meaning we were the only ones there - literally). I never heard of this guy, but glad that I went. He was hard house like I haven't heard in a while. Space has some of the better house in South Florida (for the straight crowd because we all know some of the best hard house is played at gay clubs or events like DJ Abel at Space).

Everyone here talks about loving house, well, you all missed some great house music last night. For you all who were protesting the Electroclash sound in house (which I love), there was no signs of that last night. He was pure house all the way. Free entrance till 1AM...and still no one.

If there are any Anti Warehouse people out there, I say this.....Warehouse club is like many clubs out there that are not built for the vanity, but as a club to hear great music. There are no heels, no fashion runway, no sheer fabrics or fancy rooftops. It's just a space with some lights and a good sound system for the pleasure dancing to great music. But I am not going to be a hypocrite and say I don't enjoy the vanity at the Nocturnals, Space etc..., but the music usually outweights it all.

Guest Civs

Thanx for the info. Would have loved to check it out, unfortunately had prior commitments. Will keep an eye for Danny ;)

Went to Warehouse to support Danny Tsettos and it was DEAD (meaning we were the only ones there - literally). I never heard of this guy, but glad that I went. He was hard house like I haven't heard in a while. Space has some of the better house in South Florida (for the straight crowd because we all know some of the best hard house is played at gay clubs or events like DJ Abel at Space).

Everyone here talks about loving house, well, you all missed some great house music last night. For you all who were protesting the Electroclash sound in house (which I love), there was no signs of that last night. He was pure house all the way. Free entrance till 1AM...and still no one.

If there are any Anti Warehouse people out there, I say this.....Warehouse club is like many clubs out there that are not built for the vanity, but as a club to hear great music. There are no heels, no fashion runway, no sheer fabrics or fancy rooftops. It's just a space with some lights and a good sound system for the pleasure dancing to great music. But I am not going to be a hypocrite and say I don't enjoy the vanity at the Nocturnals, Space etc..., but the music usually outweights it all.

I'm glad you enjoyed Denny.... With Nocturnal open now it will be hard for any dj to pack out warehouse. Denny will be back down here playing in July. This time it will be at a different venue, one that people will show up to. I'll start to leak that info very soon as soon as we finalilze the theme of the night..

Later on I'll post his bio...

on a side note IT'S D"E"NNY!!!!!!

lol

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Ahhh man.

Girl if i new you were gonna go i would have asked to join you!

I love the dj's that wharehouse books, but they can never pull a crowd and no one ever wants to go there with me. :(

Guest psboyuk

I've only been to Warehouse once - when Danny Tenaglia was there for the NV closing party - so I guess it really wasn't Warehouse yet!! I was at Nocturnal last night for Frankie Feliciano and I wouldn't have missed that for the world! Great house music. Had the best time in a LOOOOONG time. I will keep an eye out for the lineup for Warehouse and try to check it out one of these nights.

I tend to prefer my house on the soulful tip, but love hard house from time to time!!

:D

-Dennis

www.soulxpres.com

Guest Nefarious Girl

Ahhh man.

Girl if i new you were gonna go i would have asked to join you!

I love the dj's that wharehouse books, but they can never pull a crowd and no one ever wants to go there with me. :(

I will PM you girl! Glad to know and I will def let you know. ;)

I'm headed to Nocturnal tonight! Junior Sanchez....yeiiii. Free....YEEIIII!!!! On the list, have my outfit and ready to dance.

Guest Nefarious Girl

I've only been to Warehouse once - when Danny Tenaglia was there for the NV closing party - so I guess it really wasn't Warehouse yet!! I was at Nocturnal last night for Frankie Feliciano and I wouldn't have missed that for the world! Great house music. Had the best time in a LOOOOONG time. I will keep an eye out for the lineup for Warehouse and try to check it out one of these nights.

I tend to prefer my house on the soulful tip, but love hard house from time to time!!

I love my house in any way as long as it's well mixed, so I must agree with your devotion to Frankie Feliciano, if you love your soulful house and then he was the DJ to honor last night. I just thought I'd see more than just me and my peeps there. There was NO ONE ELSE at this place! I left early, but with the free entrance and the chance to just hear house with out the fab fluff (dress up, lines, guest list etc...) this was it. I must admit, we all danced as if it was our house. Good time to practice our moves. Oh oh.....watch out!

So.....Sanchez tonight?

Guest web_norah

Wasnt this the same weekend as the opening of Nocturnal AND the Space anniversary? Hmmmm...combine that with a weak club and you will get a minimal crowd.

i hardly consider that an unbiased opinion. i think Warehouse is a great afterhours place without the hassle and bs of other clubs. WMC was packed every night and at this point the competition has turned fierce with Nocturnal.

promotion and choice of DJs may be an issue here.

Guest Cosmigonon

Wasnt this the same weekend as the opening of Nocturnal AND the Space anniversary?

Of coourse not. The Space/Nocturnal thing was a week ago, DT @ Warehouse was last night.

Guest ImAlwaysDancing

Well to be honest my friends and i almost fell asleep from the music from 2 to 3:30ish. It started off great earlier in the night but then it was like a lullaby. I asked him nicely (i guess Feliciano) to pick it up like when he first went on, and he gave me some attitude! Whoever opened for him was good. Honestly everyone has there own style and i know a lot of people enjoy that sound, i just find it to be a little to chill for when im out. I didnt mean to offend him in any way but everyone looked so bored.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yep.. There was a group of us last night that were bitchin' about the scene here. No one really cares about the music anymore..They just go where everyone else go's. It's to bad but that's the reality of it. I've seen some of the most bad ass DJ's come here to Miami and get no support yet they get a lot of suppport wherever else they go...Take John Creamer and Stephan K for example.. They are 2 of the most sought after producers in the world for the last 4 years and they are 2 bad ass DJ's and they came to NV a while back and like 30 people showed up while 2000 other people went to Space to hear the same old--same old...

I'm sick of it.!!!!.That's why I don't go out that much anymore...

A mini bio for you... See yous in July! woot!

With over seventeen years experience Denny has had residencies at Carbon, Exit, and World, packing in each room with thousands of clubbers each and every week. At Exit Denny would draw over 5000 people with his marathon 12 hours sets. Saturday and Sunday nights during the summer he wows the Jersey shore at the legendary Temptations in Seaside Heights. He has spun the main floor during big events at Space, Twilo, Sound Factory, Roxy, & Limelight. In addition, Denny does frequent guest appearances at nightclubs in other cities in the U.S and abroad such as Tokyo, Osaka, Cancun, Las Vegas, Chicago, Philly, Boston and Miami.

Aside from his club success, Denny is a Billboard reporter who has the most popular and longest running radio mix-show on WKTU-New York. His mix-show airs on late Saturday nights, early Sunday mornings as listeners from the entire tri-state area tune in religiously to hear what new tune Denny will play next. Most recently, you can hear Denny Tsettos from coast to coast on his new mix-show “Dance Floor Essentials†on Sirius Satellite Radio. This show airs every Thursday night on Channel 62 at 9pm EST. Through his mix-shows he has been responsible for breaking many records over the years. In particular, he has used his mix-shows as a platform for his own remixes as well. Denny Tsettos has done remixes for a number of internationally renowned artists including N-Sync, La Bouche, Le Click, Rozalla, Michelle Weeks, Lil Suzy, Delacy, Billy Ray Martin, Boris Dlugosh, and most recently Justine Timberlake, Brandy, and The Corrs. Denny has been featured in a number of the industries most influential publications, including Billboard and Mixer Magazine. (His Jenifer Green remix went #1 on billoboard last month)

Denny has also been a record label executive and was in charge of A&R and Promotional Direction for Metropolitan Records (1998-2000). Through Metropolitan, Denny launched his own label, Metro Underground, where he exposed great local talent. Following that, Denny was in charge of National Radio Promotions for the top dance label in the country Strictly Rhythm/Groovilicious (2000-2003). Since that time Denny has been booked solid with his DJing and has released two new CDs that are in stores now entitled “Denny Tsettos Live @ Temptations†on DeeVee Music and “Club Anthems vol.1 mixed by Denny Tsettos†on Ultra Records.

Well to be honest my friends and i almost fell asleep from the music from 2 to 3:30ish. It started off great earlier in the night but then it was like a lullaby. I asked him nicely (i guess Feliciano) to pick it up like when he first went on, and he gave me some attitude! Whoever opened for him was good. Honestly everyone has there own style and i know a lot of people enjoy that sound, i just find it to be a little to chill for when im out. I didnt mean to offend him in any way but everyone looked so bored.

glad u had fun

I still stand by all my posts on here bout that whatever its called...

whats whorehouse? 8)

Guest Cosmigonon

glad u had fun

whats whorehouse? 8)

do you have anything personal against them?

glad u had fun

whats whorehouse? 8)

as personal as phil has to space ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

glad u had fun

whats whorehouse? 8)

Did they kick you out?

glad u had fun

whats whorehouse? 8)

Did they kick you out?

since i dont drink water bottles at clubs i never once got kicked out of one.

it has more to do w/ they being Jealous ha of well u know...the big dog

Guest Cosmigonon

glad u had fun

whats whorehouse? 8)

Did they kick you out?

Come on, they're a small tiny club that can't posibly compete with the big dogs, why hate them?

I'll tell the girl to drop their $3 walgreens shades if you drop already that whorehouse thing (they're both lame... :P)

Guest Nefarious Girl

I'll tell the girl to drop their $3 walgreens shades

Walgreens has no $3 shades! And by the way.....I have $1 shades and I LOVE THEM!

Guest Cosmigonon

I'll tell the girl to drop their $3 walgreens shades

Walgreens has no $3 shades! And by the way.....I have $1 shades and I LOVE THEM!

;D

glad u had fun

whats whorehouse? 8)

Did they kick you out?

Come on, they're a small tiny club that can't posibly compete with the big dogs, why hate them?

I'll tell the girl to drop their $3 walgreens shades if you drop already that whorehouse thing (they're both lame... :P)

ive gonne to envy back when they first opened...those fri nights sat mornings, it just gotta really lame...the main floor really sucked, the vip floor is lame too, that one chick that works there has an a tude or pmsss all night, im sure she aint like that all the time but the few nights i went she was Bitch...its not bout competition, its the way they act towards promoters that work next door. Maybe it aint like that nowadays but back when i used to go to envy(hardly) it was...ive gonne to cracked out underground clubs before, that dump is a joke, not sure y ppl like it...maybe its that underground feeling they get who knows...personally i dont like the place at all, just like some people dont like space...i dont praise space but i dont feel the urge to go to envy or whorehouse either...they have decent lineups and ive gonne many times when bruno spun there, had a good time...just wouldnt spend my money there. Some people like the dark room, i personally prefer more lighting and outsideness...got nothing to hide if u know what i mean 8)