Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cops Let Me Off Twice. I Can't Believe It

Guest Slide On The Ice

Guest Slide On The Ice

Last week I was on my way to work when I decided to takea different road which I thought would get me to US1 faster. But it was frustrating because of a lot of stop signs and too many cars in front of me. At one stop sign I was following too close to the car in front of me, and stopped for only a brief second before driving one. It was then that I realized there was a cop car sitting right on the cross street watching the intersection. I saw his lights go on and said "Oh shit!" because I knew he was coming after me. And he was, and did, and pulled me over. So much for getting to work on time.

He said I did not stop at the sign, I politely told him that I did, but if I hadn't fully stopped I wasn't aware because it had felt like I had come to a complete stop. I politely and humbly assured him that I hadn't realized it wasn't a full stop, ect. He took my license and insurance card but I could not find my registration.

Okay, so he comes back and had found out after calling my ID in that I have had a perfect driving record for about 8 years. Then he says 2 surprising things.

1- I'm not going to write you a ticket for the stop sign, but make sure you pay more attention in the future.

*huge sigh of relief from me*

2- Roll up your window halfway so I can check your tint.

*Oh shit! My front windows are illegal. I knew it and he knew it. His tester said that they were a degree of 14, and the lowest degree of tint allowed on front side windows is 28.*

So I got a $50 ticket for the illegal tint, and an order with risk of suspension of license if I don't comply, to have the tint removed and bring my car to the police station for inspection within 30 days. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!!!!! I love my tint! My car looks so badass with the dark tint all around contrasting against the inferno red color of the car. I have to figure out a way to get out of this and keep my tint.

Then today I was rushing somewhere and saw a motorcycle cop on the median with a radar gun, and knew I was busted even before he stepped in front of me and raised his hand for me to stop. Pretty gutsy, if you ask me.

So, I was doing 54 in a 40. Shit, fuck, shit, fuck!

I asked him to help me out. I can't get a ticket, I'm struggling to hold my life together and I feel like everything is poised to fall apart around me. I cannot afford a ticket and a raise in my insurance. I have major job stress and regrets and stress at home, and clinical depression, and mylife is not where I ever wanted it to be since having dreams and goals as a child, and I can't think straight sometimes because the stress is so high. I was not lying to the cop, everything I told him was true.

He wrote me a citation for not having my registration and told me to leave and do the speed limit from now on. I drove away thinking, "whoa, thats the second time I got a reprieve from getting an expensive ticket...no, the third time...but this was the 2nd time in less than a week!"

The first time was 2 years ago after my car had been stolen from my parking lot, and I was driving a rental too fast in a "when workers are present" zone. The cops were on the side of the road pulling over one person after another. They aim their radar gun at you, and the one cop pointed at me and raised his hand to order me to pull over. He asked for the usual info, and I told him that I was driving a rental because my car just got stolen a few days before. After checking out my license, he told me that if he gave me a ticket it would be $300 so I'd better be careful from then on. Then he walked away and in seconds pulled another car over. I was astonished and did not know what to do. Had he let me go? Was he done with me? Should I pull away or was he still giving me a ticket? Finally I said WTF and drove away.

For a guy who almost always has bad luck, good luck seems to come to me at the least expected times.

Guest Diabolique

but....

both times...you were asking for it. IMO. Don't give them a reason to pull you over ;)

Guest Slide On The Ice

The first time I was rushing to get to work on time, the second time I was rushing to get to the theatre on time to see Revenge of the Sith for the second time. Can you blame me for not wanting to miss any of the beginning of the movie? ;D

Guest Slide On The Ice

That's exactly what happened! When he said, "Show me your license and registration", I said, "You don't need to see my identification."

He said, "I don't need to see your identification."

And I said, "I'm not the speeder you're looking for."

And he said, "You're not the speeder I'm looking for."

I said "move along."

And he said, "Have a nice day."

So I smacked him and said, "That wasn't the line, putz!"

And he said, "Sorry, but I am weak minded and forgetful."

And that is how you do it, kids.

That's exactly what happened! When he said, "Show me your license and registration", I said, "You don't need to see my identification."

He said, "I don't need to see your identification."

And I said, "I'm not the speeder you're looking for."

And he said, "You're not the speeder I'm looking for."

I said "move along."

And he said, "Have a nice day."

So I smacked him and said, "That wasn't the line, putz!"

And he said, "Sorry, but I am weak minded and forgetful."

And that is how you do it, kids.

LOL nice.......... but the real question is did u have a protocol droid and astromech droid along with u ? if not then i can see how it can be more difficult.....