Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ok I hate to Admit it.......

Guest LdySphynx

Guest LdySphynx

But I finally transitioned to FireFox (been using it for 2 weeks now) and LUFF IT!!!!!!

:-[

Dammit I hate when Saleen is right :P!!!!

Guest LdySphynx

But I finally transitioned to FireFox (been using it for 2 weeks now) and LUFF IT!!!!!!

:-[

Dammit I hate when Saleen is right :P!!!!

Dang woman... all this time what the heck have you been using (please don't say IE)? With all the ranting on and on about Firefox on this board... I thought you long time vets would've adopted by now.... Geez. ::) I may have to take your geek card away from you LdYSphYnX ;D Congratulations on making the change though.... the open source community needs all the support it can muster.

Well I had tried it before but for some reason it just did not work right so I just gave up on it.....................but I gave it another try and im in LOVE!!!!

I was using IE :-[!!!!

Guest web_norah

i've been on FF since my pal Absolut V installed it in my laptop, and been hooked since......it's been a yr of nerd technology bliss.

Guest Slide On The Ice

I have both Firefox as well as IE (and Netscape which I rarely use), and though I know that Firefox is better I have continued to use IE for an embarrassing reason. That being, I have a billion sites linked in my IE favorites and I could not figure out how to transfer my bookmarked favorites over to my Firefox browser, and I was not about to copy them over one at a time. So I'm still on IE even though I have the superios FF already in my computer. ???

Guest LdySphynx

<-- add one more user to the Firefox list.

Hey don't I get compensation or something :P!!!!

Guest web_norah

i've been on FF since my pal Absolut V installed it in my laptop, and been hooked since......it's been a yr of nerd technology bliss.

Its amazing that alot of Mac users use Firefox... and we're not the ones with the security issue. Norah do you have Tiger? Safari is alot better under Tiger... even the Safari update for Panther makes it a whole lot faster.

i have a mac and a PC. i use FF on the PC, and for the mac i use safari, although i am not crazy about it. FF is still my favorite browser.

Guest slamminshaun

<-- add one more user to the Firefox list.

Hey don't I get compensation or something :P!!!!

I've been waiting for you to say that. :-* ;D

Guest Diabolique

Same here, mine being my boyfriend. The only thing that I'm not so sure about is once I create files within files of bookmarks, it takes a bit longer to pull things I don't use ever day. Overall I like it a lot better. And, don't you just love those mulitple tabs? *geeks out*

MO' zilla Please! 8)

Here are my tips for you new FF users..

First off, you want to maximize the viewing window, so right click on the blank menus space and take off "bookmark menu"

next FF will import all IE settings and bookmarks, make sure you set FF to default browser..

Next, FF is like a blank canvas, you add what you need and want....

Here is what I add:

1. flash, make sure you download the one for FF

2. A's yahoo mail notifier, too bad yahoo broke it, but it will be back working soon

3. Disable targets for download, gets rid of the blank window when downloading a movie

4. forecast fox < weather program, and this thing rocks!

5. tab browser prefrences <<< a must!!!!! lets you control how your tabs work..

for example, I have my set, so lets so there is a page with links to pictures. I just keep clicking the links as fast as I want and they all load in their own tabs but the focus stays on the page i'm using... You can set it any way you like. For your work guys, you can even start up FF at the office and load all your pages into their own tabs at start up.

once you go tabs, you never go back....

oh, mine also selects tabs by just rolling the mouse over them...

last but not least, the fucking IE view extension, for those rare sites that only work in ie, you right click and ie opens for viewing... however if i come across a site that doesn't work in FF i email them, such as voodoo lounges site.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/?application=firefox

for you soccer freaks:

www.footiefox.com

oh and control + zoom feature, I can't live with out. I read cj from my kitchen it's so big... lol

I have both Firefox as well as IE (and Netscape which I rarely use), and though I know that Firefox is better I have continued to use IE for an embarrassing reason. That being, I have a billion sites linked in my IE favorites and I could not figure out how to transfer my bookmarked favorites over to my Firefox browser, and I was not about to copy them over one at a time. So I'm still on IE even though I have the superios FF already in my computer. ???

uninstall FF and when it re down load it, it will prompt you to move everything from IE over to FF. If it doesn't then just do this:

File

Import

and following a long..

remeber folks, FF doesn't patch, so every time there is an update you get a red button on the top right of the browser, click it and follow a long, they restall the whole program each time... they don't put on bandaids like ie... don't worry, it keeps all your settins exactly the way you want them, however check to see if your extensions have been updated with the new version off FF

new release should drop next month...

Guest slamminshaun

As FireFox grows in popularity, is it possible that hackers will begin to leave IE alone and focus their efforts on messing with FireFox users? What I mean is, is it possible FireFox is effective because hackers don't pay it much attention just yet?

As FireFox grows in popularity' date=' is it possible that hackers will begin to leave IE alone and focus their efforts on messing with FireFox users? What I mean is, is it possible FireFox is effective because hackers don't pay it much attention just yet?

[/quote']

of course they will.. here is the difference... FF has thousands of nerds for free scan the code and post bugs.. IE has a few nerds doing it and not so often. Since everyone can see the FF code everyone contributes. Granted it's way above my head, but FF plugs holes in 2 days unlike IE with 30 day cycels and sometimes months...

Nothing is 100% safe, but FF doesn't use active x... Also with FF you can white board stuff, for example, you can make of list of sites you can install software from. FF warns you every time something tries to install... You now can even white board sites that run scripts, so only those trusted sites can run a script...

here is all the geeks in their mecca

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=9&sid=19b72eb46ce8a376cc11878db06b0292

read some of the posts and bug reports, it's way way over my head... but just know thousands look at the code every hour every day, scanning for issues...

example of the geeks reporting bugs...

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=245409

there is probably hundreds of open bug reports.. every day, they tackle a whole mess of them and fix them. then they put them all together into a new build... this is done every day, you can even download the builds, but they are not for public consumption just yet....

when it's all good to go, the relase a new version.. for security issues, they don't wait, they do it, that day..

for a while the biggest problem was FF didn't have the servers to handle all the people...

Guest Slide On The Ice

uninstall FF and when it re down load it, it will prompt you to move everything from IE over to FF. If it doesn't then just do this:

File

Import

and following a long..

remeber folks, FF doesn't patch, so every time there is an update you get a red button on the top right of the browser, click it and follow a long, they restall the whole program each time... they don't put on bandaids like ie... don't worry, it keeps all your settins exactly the way you want them, however check to see if your extensions have been updated with the new version off FF

new release should drop next month...

Thanks. I'll do what you said and if it works without a hitch, IE is history for me.