Clubplanet Nightlife Community

US SOCCER TEAM

Guest Ar

Guest Ar

so i watched the game and was disapointed.... after watching the european soccer qualifying all day i watched the US take on Costa RICA... what a joke.

1) look at the crowd (they cheered when the goalie made a lucky save)

2) the commentary, what a joke, sometimes i wondered, are they watching "soccer" or american "football"............ "what a great play"....

3) the football was shit, i mean, really, there was absolute no control by the US, eventhough they won by huge numbers..

4) one great player on the field, Damarcus Beadsely... the rest was shit, Donavon was a joke...

5) the US need to get rid of this coach.... how long has he been head coach? i dont remember the US winning the world cup....

6) the US fans... sometimes i really wondered, are they watching the same sport i am.... they havent a clue...

7) the mexico vs. guatamala game was much more inspired... better "soccer"....

conclusion... the US soccer team SUCKS ass... yeh they may qualify for the world cup... but they havent a chance... what a joke...

i watched a few european qualifying games... different level for the US... really..

Holland beat Romania 2-0...

fuck the US

Guest web_norah

i went to the England and Colombia game..........all the way in Jersey, what a game, what a crowd, great weather, lots of fun.

whether footy ever takes off in the USA, matters little to me, whenever i see the game on ppv or live - i have a blast.

LOL, PBA was bought for 5 million bucks buy some no body at MS that was there in the 80's and when he got stock options, he's a freaking millionaire...

However, PBA does better numbers than the NHL (non strike year) so it' crushes soccer to pieces..

Ever watch tennis and golf from other coutries? they have much different ways of cheering and annoucing.

Guest JMT

LOL, PBA was bought for 5 million bucks buy some no body at MS that was there in the 80's and when he got stock options, he's a freaking millionaire...

there was a special on tv about that guy who bought it and how he has been trying to remake its image. more fan interaction and player identity and more sponsors.

recently saw a PBA tournament on ESPN worth $1 million. anytime someone is competing individually for $1 million its entertaining bc they get so jacked up. thats pressure any way you slice it.

Guest The_Man

a third world sport most americans dont care about. id rather watch PBA.

Since when are England, France, Germany, Italy and France third world countries? ???

Guest JMT

Since when are England, France, Germany, Italy and France third world countries? ???

i wouldnt know since i never said they were. for all i know some kids might be playing buzkashi right now somewhere in the US. that doesnt make it any better.

Guest barstar diana

i went to a real madrid football game, insane thats what football is really about. those spaninards dont play :P

Guest web_norah

what third world? outer space?

i had no idea Europe was third world.

soccer isnt popular in the USA and while thats great and everything because it isnt a huge draw in this country, there is still the rest of the world. and if Americans dont care about it - so what? it is STILL the most popular game WORLDWIDE. huge difference. isnt it?

Guest JMT

soccer isnt popular in the USA and while thats great and everything because it isnt a huge draw in this country, there is still the rest of the world. and if Americans dont care about it - so what? it is STILL the most popular game WORLDWIDE. huge difference. isnt it?

we are in agreement... to each his own.

but using a hole in the ground for a toilet and showering once a month is also popular worldwide. as is tiesto.

Guest durrtylexx

fuck the US

WELL FUCK YOU!

The US made it to the quarter finals in the quarter finals and lost to Germany in Japan.

What happend to Holland? They didn't make it to the Tournament. Yes the fans are weak, but futbol is a not a main stream sport, but its growing in popularity. Give it another decade or so, its going to take time. But the once the US has a strong following watch out for us!!

fuck the US

WELL FUCK YOU!

The US made it to the quarter finals in the quarter finals and lost to Germany in Japan.

What happend to Holland? They didn't make it to the Tournament. Yes the fans are weak, but futbol is a not a main stream sport, but its growing in popularity. Give it another decade or so, its going to take time. But the once the US has a strong following watch out for us!!

every 5 years, they say soccer will catch on in the US, it's wishful thinking since this is where all the money is.. It won't ever happen.... There is zero basis for your argument. I know more soccer fans who after they americanize and learn football, they are hooked.... few people i know, don't watch football... baseball is american tradition and nba sucks but does well around the world thanks to mr jordan...

Guest Ar

fuck the US

WELL FUCK YOU!

16 million dutch... 250 million yanks... yet we still rate higher then you on the fifa rankings...

and i agree with Saleen, ever since World Cup 94 when it was hosted in the US ppl having been saying the US will become a major team in the #1 sport in the world. 11 years later.... have they? NO..

its nice though, the rest of the world can finally talk about a sport that the US are crap at...

its a womens sport here.. why i dont know ???

the yanks introduced a shootout (dribble from mid-field 0ne on one with the goalie) at the end of games if it was still tied... what a joke.

Guest ddg

so i watched the game and was disapointed.... after watching the european soccer qualifying all day i watched the US take on Costa RICA... what a joke.

1) look at the crowd (they cheered when the goalie made a lucky save)

2) the commentary, what a joke, sometimes i wondered, are they watching "soccer" or american "football"............ "what a great play"....

3) the football was shit, i mean, really, there was absolute no control by the US, eventhough they won by huge numbers..

4) one great player on the field, Damarcus Beadsely... the rest was shit, Donavon was a joke...

5) the US need to get rid of this coach.... how long has he been head coach? i dont remember the US winning the world cup....

6) the US fans... sometimes i really wondered, are they watching the same sport i am.... they havent a clue...

7) the mexico vs. guatamala game was much more inspired... better "soccer"....

conclusion... the US soccer team SUCKS ass... yeh they may qualify for the world cup... but they havent a chance... what a joke...

i watched a few european qualifying games... different level for the US... really..

Holland beat Romania 2-0...

fuck the US

dude ...your a cocksucker for saying "fuck the US"

Guest The_Man

i wouldnt know since i never said they were. for all i know some kids might be playing buzkashi right now somewhere in the US. that doesnt make it any better.

You said "third world sport" and soccer is by far the number one sport in the countries I mentioned.

It's too bad that more people here don't like the sport. The tension between countries is intense. For instance, Argentina vs. Brasil is a million times more intense than FSU vs. Miami. It's more than "just a game" outside the US.

Guest JMT

You said "third world sport" and soccer is by far the number one sport in the countries I mentioned.

It's too bad that more people here don't like the sport. The tension between countries is intense. For instance, Argentina vs. Brasil is a million times more intense than FSU vs. Miami. It's more than "just a game" outside the US.

and also the most popular in countries without indoor plumbing. to have a national team all you need is shoes for every player.

yes, Andres Escobar found out just how much "more than a game" it can be.

people can like whatever they want, and im not debating its popularity in the world. i dont like the game yet i think the world cup can be exciting at times. however, insulting others for not liking a sport is ignorant. the clock counts up for crying out loud.

Guest The_Man

and also the most popular in countries without indoor plumbing. to have a national team all you need is shoes for every player.

people can like whatever they want, and im not debating its popularity in the world. i dont like the game yet i think the world cup can be exciting at times. however, insulting others for not liking a sport is ignorant. the clock counts up for crying out loud.

Yes, and the same holds true for basketball. Shoes and a ball.

And where are my insults??? Never once did I do that. On the contrary, I took the high road.

Guest Ar

how so? cause they are a crap football ("soccer") team?

thats all i was implying..

third world? so what!

most americans dont even own a passport!

( and france, england, germany, holland, portugal, spain, italy, sweden, denmark, belgium, switzerland, greece are not 3rd world countries...... just a few of the best teams in "soccer" history)

Guest JMT

Yes, and the same holds true for basketball. Shoes and a ball.

And where are my insults??? Never once did I do that. On the contrary, I took the high road.

im not claiming basketball to be a wonder sport and countries suck for not properly liking it, like some people here are. similarly, the insult comment wasnt really directed at you.

passport? i dont see the relevance here. in this country we are allowed to travel from state to state freely. going to another country in europe is the geographical equivalent of driving to georgia, let alone flying to new york.

how so? cause they are a crap football ("soccer") team?

thats all i was implying..

third world? so what!

most americans dont even own a passport!

( and france, england, germany, holland, portugal, spain, italy, sweden, denmark, belgium, switzerland, greece are not 3rd world countries...... just a few of the best teams in "soccer" history)

I agree with the cocksucker statement.

And the passport comment has nothing to do with soccer. wtf. lol