Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Final Scratch , good or bad..

V. Barbarino

For a local resident dj playing localy every week is finaly scratch a good thing?  

1. 1. For a local resident dj playing localy every week is finaly scratch a good thing?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djjoncowan

ok... here is an opinion from a dj and former venue owner with plenty of expirience with F.S. I agree with oscar - bring a cd book and vinyl. F.S. as a concept is great as you have your entire library of tunes with you without all the record crates and cd cases but a really talented dj will know what to bring with him to play for hours. with the cdj's and turntables you should be able to play for 10 hrs plus with just one box of records and a cd case or two.. F.S. is horrible sound wise. Its really hard on the system and you never get the same bottom end as you would with vinyl especially and even more than a cdr which can at times not sound as good as vinyl in my opinion. F.S. plays in mono and is really tough on a soundsystem. we had some dj's come in and out of nerve who used F.S. and without question everytime it was used the system would need to be re tweeked eq wise that is if f.s. didn't cause a speaker to blow which happened on several occasions. I've spoken to many sound guys on this issue and venue owners alike and they all agree on the issue. F.S. will put a hurting on your soundsystem and possibly blow speakers with the ear hurting high end it sometimes delivers... if you want my opinion vinyl sounds best and cdr's are a good alternative to carrying two boxes of records... nothing will replace the sound of a true twelve inch. in my opinion, stay clear of F.S. - just the thoughts of someone who's used it both as a dj and a venue owner....

Guest JustDade

ok... here is an opinion from a dj and former venue owner with plenty of expirience with F.S. I agree with oscar - bring a cd book and vinyl. F.S. as a concept is great as you have your entire library of tunes with you without all the record crates and cd cases but a really talented dj will know what to bring with him to play for hours. with the cdj's and turntables you should be able to play for 10 hrs plus with just one box of records and a cd case or two.. F.S. is horrible sound wise. Its really hard on the system and you never get the same bottom end as you would with vinyl especially and even more than a cdr which can at times not sound as good as vinyl in my opinion. F.S. plays in mono and is really tough on a soundsystem. we had some dj's come in and out of nerve who used F.S. and without question everytime it was used the system would need to be re tweeked eq wise that is if f.s. didn't cause a speaker to blow which happened on several occasions. I've spoken to many sound guys on this issue and venue owners alike and they all agree on the issue. F.S. will put a hurting on your soundsystem and possibly blow speakers with the ear hurting high end it sometimes delivers... if you want my opinion vinyl sounds best and cdr's are a good alternative to carrying two boxes of records... nothing will replace the sound of a true twelve inch. in my opinion, stay clear of F.S. - just the thoughts of someone who's used it both as a dj and a venue owner....

I hate to disagree with you, Jon....but....

It's all about how the material is recorded into the hard drive. Listen to Stryke on the Nocturnal Terrace, (on a real Funktion-One system), and it's as clear and crisp as CD or regular vinyl. No loss of bottom out there.

Oh but wait...you're too old and tired to drag your ass down to hear it.

Guest djjoncowan

I hate to disagree with you, Jon....but....

It's all about how the material is recorded into the hard drive. Listen to Stryke on the Nocturnal Terrace, (on a real Funktion-One system), and it's as clear and crisp as CD or regular vinyl. No loss of bottom out there.

Oh but wait...you're too old and tired to drag your ass down to hear it.

LOL - point taken dade... we actually need to get in touch. its been way to long and your right, no excuses for me not making it to see you yet... none at all so maybe soon I hope? give me a ring.. numbers all still the same and we can catch up. have some things I want to chat with you about anyways.... as for F.S. - your right, it doesn't always lose the sound quality but its still hard on the system all the same... hey, to each his own I am just speaking of my own expirience with it.... speak soon dade! 8)

Guest Darwin Castillo

Hey, there is also another way with mps and its still in a cd format. You can still carry all of your music like a hard drive. It plays mp3s, check it out... its an idea.

lg_GMPX30XXX.JPG

Gemini - MPX30 MP3/CD Player

The MPX-30 is the ultimate MP3 DJ tool, which allows all of your audio CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs and MP3 files to be played with loads of effects added on in one single deck unit. The MPX-30 includes 8 Digital Signal Processor (DSP) effects, 100% pitch, BPM, 4 over samplers, 6 cue points, fully programmable key pad, Anti-shock RAM buffer memory Seamless looping, and so much more. The MPX-30 is loaded with pro DJ features in an easy to use player. The MPX-30 is a powerful addition to your DJ set up.

Features:

Reads MP3 disc file & folder text, audio CD, CD-R, & CD-RW discs

Decodes MP3 Compression up to 320 Kbps

8 DSP effects: Filter, Zoom, Echo, Pan, Reverse, Trans, Brake & Scratch

Precise Dry/Wet FX parameter, start & brake rotary controls

5 Fly cues & 4 sampler memory buttons

Easy to operate memo button for cue function & sampling

Vinyl/CD jog mode function

Master cue has hot-start feature

+10 track selection knob

Key lock & BPM controls

Anti-shock using RAM buffer memory

Slot in mechanism with blue LED display

Fully programmable direct access keypad

Single auto-cue/continuous play mode

Seamless looping with reloop/stutter & loop editing

Pitch bend via jog wheel or buttons

Three mode time selection

Frame accurate search & cue

Large blue backlit LCD display w/ dimmer control

Coaxial RCA digital output

Rubber jog wheel with finger grooves

Variable pitch control with ranges of 4%, 8% , 16%, 100%

Soft touch buttons with bright LEDs

Guest swank

Ive heard Serato blows FS out of the water, any one use Rane's version of FS?

telex....please do your homework before trying to start a flame war on this board. In case you hadn't noticed...nobody here cares about serato....this thread clearly reads "FinalScratch, good or bad.."

But if you're interested.....serato is where FS1.5 was 2 years ago.....I'll just leave it at that.

Guest swank
nobody here cares about serato....

dont generalize.... ;)

whateva, Mr. Matas....what I'm trying to say is that there are other boards for this discussion.....I didn't think this was one of them. ::)

dont generalize.... ;)

whateva, Mr. Matas....what I'm trying to say is that there are other boards for this discussion.....I didn't think this was one of them. ::)

Maybe you should definitely speak for yourself. I think that people interested in FS might be interested in the specs and opinions on Serato as well seeing that it is a similar product. I for one have several reasons why i am interested in FS and would definitely want to know if anyone has had experience with either program. I dont know who you are but I already have a bad impression of you from just two posts. Why the hell would i want to go start another thread when it is related to this one?

Topic nazi. Go regulate somewhere else.

Guest djjoncowan

dont generalize.... ;)

Maybe you should definitely speak for yourself. I think that people interested in FS might be interested in the specs and opinions on Serato as well seeing that it is a similar product. I for one have several reasons why i am interested in FS and would definitely want to know if anyone has had experience with either program. I dont know who you are but I already have a bad impression of you from just two posts. Why the hell would i want to go start another thread when it is related to this one?

well said.. LOL - totally agree as the topic is 100% relevent to both products and peoples expiriences... not like we're talking about milk and fruit we're talking about dj set up's like F.S. and those simular... ???

Guest swank

dont generalize.... ;)

Oh boy.......here we go..... :'(

Guest scarab

dont generalize.... ;)

oh, another thing..... "SWANK" PISS OFF! ;D

Guest swank

dont generalize.... ;)

now...there's some educated and original posting. I'm not sure what got you ALL so excited but it seems that it doesn't take much. I thought I was very polite in my response to Mr.Matas, and "trouble" you shouldn't judge a book by it's two posts. ;)

Guest scarab

dont generalize.... ;)

now...there's some educated and original posting. I'm not sure what got you ALL so excited but it seems that it doesn't take much. I thought I was very polite in my response to Mr.Matas, and "trouble" you shouldn't judge a book by it's two posts. ;)

It was me you weren't being very polite with, I simply asked a question abut Serato , I do have friends that have experiences with both , last I spoke with them in March they clearly said they liked Serato much more than FS, (not sure what improvements have been made to either product since then/ if any) I was just wanting to hear people's opinions on either product, although this is a club-related message board , the thread has not been moved and has incited enough interest to be up for as long as it has, it sounds to me like you are a militant FS user and therefore wish to bash anyone that merely mentions anything else....

It was me you weren't being very polite with, I simply asked a question abut Serato , I do have friends that have experiences with both , last I spoke with them in March they clearly said they liked Serato much more than FS, (not sure what improvements have been made to either product since then/ if any) I was just wanting to hear people's opinions on either product, although this is a club-related message board , the thread has not been moved and has incited enough interest to be up for as long as it has, it sounds to me like you are a militant FS user and therefore wish to bash anyone that merely mentions anything else....

i havent used either one...but Remix did a review and both and they spoke HIGHLY of Serato, moreso than FS...to each their own.. ;)

Guest scarab

this technology is all worthless

live 5.0 plays mp3's

;D

this long thread is worthless (by now at least) how about we just kill it? :-X ;D

Guest swank

this long thread is worthless (by now at least) how about we just kill it? :-X ;D

I agree....no disrespect meant to anyone.....topic squashed!