Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Wal-Mart has stooped to an all time low

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

According to Peta Wal-Mart is now selling live fish in vending machines!!! Is that really necessary? Does Wal-Mart need to sell live fish or any pet for that matter? I'll find the rest of this story and post it later.

Guest lyrik

Thats nothing new - its been around since I can remember. Outside bait shops, gas stations and truck stops etc...you could buy live leaches, worms, minows etc.

Don't ya think we are going a little over-board with sensitivity on something like this...I love animals too...but I had this convo with someone just the other day...it can't be all good one way....and all bad the other. Life has to have a balance of good and bad (ying and yang)...otherwise its chaos either way.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Thats nothing new - its been around since I can remember. Outside bait shops, gas stations and truck stops etc...you could buy live leaches, worms, minows etc.

Don't ya think we are going a little over-board with sensitivity on something like this...I love animals too...but I had this convo with someone just the other day...it can't be all good one way....and all bad the other. Life has to have a balance of good and bad (ying and yang)...otherwise its chaos either way.

O.K selling bait at a sports fishing shop is one thing but buying a pet out of a vending machine is another don't you think?

Guest jbit

Life has to have a balance of good and bad (ying and yang)

Thats an interesting spin on justifying animal cruelty. ???

Guest lyrik

Life has to have a balance of good and bad (ying and yang)

Thats an interesting spin on justifying animal cruelty. ???

Its a freakin goldfish...not a kitten in a machine.

Guest JMT

this really isnt any different than the goldfish you win at a fair. goldfish cant remember more than a few seconds. whats next, save the amoebas?

Guest jbit

this really isnt any different than the goldfish you win at a fair. goldfish cant remember more than a few seconds. whats next, save the amoebas?

Your right, fish don’t have the same cognitive ability as mammals....but hasn't capitalism gone a bit overboard when we're buying our pets from vending machines. Are you too lazy to head over to a pet store or a fair.

Guest JMT

Your right, fish don’t have the same cognitive ability as mammals....but hasn't capitalism gone a bit overboard when we're buying our pets from vending machines. Are you too lazy to head over to a pet store or a fair.

touche. the principle of it IS a bit off.

Guest lyrik

touche. the principle of it IS a bit off.

Those are his ideals though - not everyone will share that idea...shit when I see things like this and when I'm up late at night and see some of these infomercials for certain inventions...I don't say well damn that capitalism - I think shit why didn't I think of that.

Money is the way of the world - it may not be right for some - but its reality. Were not going back to trading furs and communal services anytime in our lifetime....but I am sure there a few places where if that suits your fancy you will be accepted with open arms...just don’t drink the kool-aid.

Guest barstar diana

According to Peta Wal-Mart is now selling live fish in vending machines!!! Is that really necessary? Does Wal-Mart need to sell live fish or any pet for that matter? I'll find the rest of this story and post it later.

there just dumB

Guest slamminshaun

Walmart has enough "carnies" working there to be considered a fair anyway, so what's the difference? :-X

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah. This is just another example of Walmart trying to dominate every type of market there is out there. Lyrik speaks of how great capitalism is. But at what expense is Walmarts efforts affecting capiatlism when it comes to small buisness owners? What about the small mom and pop pet stores that sell small fish etc..? What happens to them? What I'm trying to say here people is, leave the sale of animals (mammals, fish, insect, reptiles etc..) to the experts.... Do you think a walmart employee will be able to properly instruct someone on how to take care of a pet fish that a kid buys out of a vending machine?

My point is, cruel or not is it really neccessary for Walmart to be involved in this kind of market? Don't they have enough markets and products as it is already? So what will happen then if Walmart puts all of their competitors out of business? Where will we as consumers turn to for expert advice on specialty products? Do you think the cashier at Walmart getting paid close to minimum wage or under will have the ansers you need?

Think about this people when you think about how great capitalism really is....

Guest JMT

walmart employs 100s of people per store. is it fair to the mom and pop's they cant compete? probably not, but i dont see how in the grand scheme our economy is worse by walmarts existence versus the 4 or 5 employees at a mom and pop store. the beauty of capitalism is that it gives every business an equal chance to succeed or fail. sometimes life itself isnt fair.

Guest swirlundergrounder

walmart employs 100s of people per store. is it fair to the mom and pop's they cant compete? probably not, but i dont see how in the grand scheme our economy is worse by walmarts existence versus the 4 or 5 employees at a mom and pop store. the beauty of capitalism is that it gives every business an equal chance to succeed or fail. sometimes life itself isnt fair.

Because when it comes down to it, quality and competiton is good for our economy. As consumers don't we want choices? Don't we want quality? Walmart is all about quanitity. They don't give a shit about quality. So the more Walmart and super shops like it expands it cheapens the quality of service and the quality of products that you are offered as a consumer. Sure you can go buy a DVD player at Walmart for $30 bucks, but what knid of quality do you think you will get? When you have a problem with lets say a computer that you buy do you think the clerk working the counter at Walmart will be able to give you a more qualifying anwser to your problem than the specialty computer shop?

I don't know about you guys but as a consumer, I want to be treated right when I spend my hard earned money on a product. I want to feel comfortable that if I buy a product and something happens to it that I'll get the answers that I need from an epxert and not some robotic minimum waged employee that doen't really give a shit what happens to you and the product you buy.

Guest jbit

Frontline did a great documentary on Wal-Mart. It was on last night.

They basically bully companies into bidding for their business. They purchase 90% of thier goods from the Chinese where workers as young as 13 are paid 45 cents an hour. Their global purchasing headquarters is even in China.

Is this really good for the US economy long term? Well see.

I bet there Chinese gold fish :P

Guest jbit

author=Terry Jasinto

Sure you can go buy a DVD player at Walmart for $30 bucks, but what knid of quality do you think you will get?

We've become a disposable society. We dont fix anything anymore we just throw it away when it breaks and buy new.

I remember when i was a kid my mom would take things like the vacuum, VCR, and TV to get fixed.

Thats unheard of these days.

Guest Cosmigonon

Because when it comes down to it, quality and competiton is good for our economy. As consumers don't we want choices? Don't we want quality? Walmart is all about quanitity. They don't give a shit about quality. So the more Walmart and super shops like it expands it cheapens the quality of service and the quality of products that you are offered as a consumer. Sure you can go buy a DVD player at Walmart for $30 bucks, but what knid of quality do you think you will get? When you have a problem with lets say a computer that you buy do you think the clerk working the counter at Walmart will be able to give you a more qualifying anwser to your problem than the specialty computer shop?

I don't know about you guys but as a consumer, I want to be treated right when I spend my hard earned money on a product. I want to feel comfortable that if I buy a product and something happens to it that I'll get the answers that I need from an epxert and not some robotic minimum waged employee that doen't really give a shit what happens to you and the product you buy.

Well, then just don't buy at Wal-Mart.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I don't. I haven't been there in years..

Guest Electric Eel

How would you get a fish from a vending machine??

I'm imagining it like those machines that you get coffee from, first a bag comes out, water gets poured into it and then you choose your fish according to the picture and pop your fish drops into the bag and the bag gets tied, lol.

I know i'm retarded, but its fun sometimes :P ;D

Guest LdySphynx

How would you get a fish from a vending machine??

I'm imagining it like those machines that you get coffee from, first a bag comes out, water gets poured into it and then you choose your fish according to the picture and pop your fish drops into the bag and the bag gets tied, lol.

I know i'm retarded, but its fun sometimes :P ;D

No actually very good concept, very good actually!!!

Oh and I love me the SuperCenter I get lost in that place for hours, just browsing!!!

Guest Cosmigonon

Then why are you complaining?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Then why are you complaining?

Why am I complaining? Re-read what I wrote about the dimisnishing quality of consumer products and services and what kind of affect it's having on our economy.

I'm also complaing about the process of which pets are sold by Walmart and if it's really necessary.

Guest LdySphynx

I like Walmart's new Grocery market...just like a publix, ppl are friendly, and the meat section is much better cuz it comes in jumbo packs so u save $

Shit, I have not done my grocery shopping anywhere else, I buy 3 times as much as I would in any of the other Big Name Markets and for half the price!!!!