Clubplanet Nightlife Community

It's okay for white liberals to use N-word

Guest slamminshaun

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yep a Republican would get in big trouble for using the N word..

Republicans are evil. You know what they are proposing now? They want to cut the budget of PBS because NPR is considered to not share most of the republican views.

Now the consequence of that is shows like Seasame Street might face canellation iof they don't find another source of funding. What source of funding would that be? Commercials and companies paying for advertising..

Now this may not be a big deal to you. But it is to a parent like myself. I don't want my little girl to have to watch a show with all these damm commercials on them. That's the beauty of PBS..No commercials....

BTW did you get that switch on your truck replaced yet from Ford? lol

Guest saintjohn
Now the consequence of that is shows like Seasame Street might face canellation iof they don't find another source of funding. What source of funding would that be?

In the words of PBS, "viewers like you"?

Should PBS get a percentage of our taxes? If so, which program(s) should we support? Sesame Street? Sure. Nova? Of course. Frontline? Absolutely. What about Antiques Road Show? Maybe.

Let's check tonight's schedule and see how our local public television station is spending our pledges and tax dollars:

10:00 - Bobby Darin: Mack is Back

11:30 - Visions of Italy: Southern Style

01:00 - BBC World News

01:30 - Nightly Business Report

02:00 - Play Piano in a Flash

04:00 - Visions of Italy (they seem to really like this show)

05:30 - BBC World News (again)

06:00 - George Shrinks

06:30 - Garden Rx

08:00 - Haley's Hints

10:30 - American Masters (the life and legacy of Julia Child)

12:00 - Play Piano in a Flash (can't get enough of this show)

I'm sure these are all intelligent, entertaining programs with devoted audiences. If these programs are so gosh darn intelligent and entertaining, then perhaps their devoted audiences could be persuaded to pay for the privilege of viewing them? No? Then too bad. Is there really some greater good that comes from subsidizing programs like Garden Rx? I can understand Sesame Street, but Bobby Darin?