Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Downtown parking prices are too high...

V. Barbarino

Guest Clauds

it totally sux b/c the only time i scored a meter (more than a year ago) near space ... my car was broken into so now ... to tell you the truth ... I'd much rather pay $20 than have to replace any windows from my car plus my cell phone that was stolen when this happened.

i used to park blocks from space when i lived down there, but now that i go down every few weeks i park in the bigger lots and usually split the parking cost w/ a buddy...10 bucks each is not bad, yea it might be a little cramp and tight, but if u dont want to leave the car so close to another u can tell those rednecks that u wanna park elsewhere, its better than rellying on the bums...there are not gonna be there after 8am, they just want their 5 bucks crack money...literally...those bums dont use the money for food, there's a salvation army type of store bout a block from space that gives them small treatments, food, ect...if u still want to park 5 blocks from the clubs and dont have spare change, just talk to them in a foreign language, just be very loud and obnoxious...always works...

Guest Funketeer

Space, NOC ,Players, Goldrush, you guys need to do something. Parking use to be 5 bucks and 10, now it's 20 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!! This is not NYC..!!!! I fully understand capitalism, but downtown is on the verge of blowing up and you guys need to put pressure on park west...

Now sure what you can do, but an open public letter to park west would atleast send a signal that you guys are aware of the problem and are trying to do something about it for your customers.

We park 2 blocks away for ten bucks...

You are wrong...this is New York city 8)

Guest mikepayne

yea it might be a little cramp and tight, but if u dont want to leave the car so close to another u can tell those rednecks that u wanna park elsewhere

Not true... have you ever tried telling one of those parking attendants where you want to park? All they'll do is *maybe* direct you over to one of the other dudes that will put you just as close to someone, or put someone just as close to you as soon as you leave. I went out to Space for Deep Dish and I swear to god they were practically stacking them double high.

Guest Funketeer

one complaint a week...why don't you get your hairy ass back to jersey???

the nerve on some of these bitches ::)

Guest Satan

so lets drive a further distance pay more money, then when it's late and you want to go home, you have to take a cab back???

dumb people...

err...well so much for your attempt at self-banishment.

anyway, they end up spending less not more and even if they payed the full taxi fare, the car is safer, that was my point. Jersey people should be very familiar with this concept.

Guest pod

This is one area where I can say that the city should step in on. No more than ten on any given night I say.

yea it might be a little cramp and tight, but if u dont want to leave the car so close to another u can tell those rednecks that u wanna park elsewhere

Not true... have you ever tried telling one of those parking attendants where you want to park? All they'll do is *maybe* direct you over to one of the other dudes that will put you just as close to someone, or put someone just as close to you as soon as you leave. I went out to Space for Deep Dish and I swear to god they were practically stacking them double high.

I can agree but i guess it also depends on how big of a vehicle you're driving also, used to drive my rental truck down so i tended to get some good spots by the back fence and other times the space would be a little cramped, guess we just have to bargain w/ those rednecks

Guest ILLMATIC

Well if you have a Handicap tag there are two good spots right next to space (Fight club and convenient store). The only thing that sucks is the freaking bums around that area. I just tell them I have credit card only and that I will hit them with loot later. They never wait around for you trust me!!!

Guest mikepayne

...guess we just have to bargain w/ those rednecks...

I don't know what lot you've been lucky enough to go to to get a redneck, I personally don't think I've ever dealt with one who spoke English.

Guest mikepayne

...guess we just have to bargain w/ those rednecks...

I don't know what lot you've been lucky enough to go to to get a redneck, I personally don't think I've ever dealt with one who spoke English.

the main one on 11th st infront of old space

they all look related too

Damn... I'm pretty sure that's the one I go to all the time. The one that's on the north side of the street across from Goldrush. Weird. *shrug*

Guest HAIZE

Is going to be HELL!!!!!!!!! Onece they start building that parking garage behind Goldrush, Then there wont be any parking for a while.........

Guest raincry

stop complaining...pay or stay home

exactly!!!

in the worse take, take a cab and split it with your friends......everybody wins.

Guest miamimonk

I completely agree. I paid $20 to park so that some crackhead could try and rob me on the way back to my car. Keep in mind this was 9am in broad daylight. Luckily we ran into a car full of kids,one of which looked like his face had been beat extremly bad with a wrench or hammer, who were looking for the guy and jumped out of the car and did god knows what to him. The clubs down there need to work together to get that area and the parking at least somewhat decent.

Guest Cosmigonon

I completely agree. I paid $20 to park so that some crackhead could try and rob me on the way back to my car. Keep in mind this was 9am in broad daylight. Luckily we ran into a car full of kids,one of which looked like his face had been beat extremly bad with a wrench or hammer, who were looking for the guy and jumped out of the car and did god knows what to him. The clubs down there need to work together to get that area and the parking at least somewhat decent.

:o

Guest Funketeer

stop complaining...pay or stay home

exactly!!!

in the worse take, take a cab and split it with your friends......everybody wins.

hmmm...I think everybody does win if he stays home ;D

Guest beat junkie

dude, just find cool crackhead and heel watch your back for 3 dollars.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

A cool crackhead?

I usually get away really cheap like a block from space for $1 - $2. As long as there is a strret light and the insurance is paid up on your car. Thats what its for isnt it?

Guest anniilroc

sooo.......how do u go about OWNING a parking lot....looks like that could be my calling!!! lol. ::)

Guest mikepayne

sooo.......how do u go about OWNING a parking lot....looks like that could be my calling!!! lol. ::)

Own a piece of land in the right place and decide you don't want to actually do any work to make money. Basically... the American dream. ;D