Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Ipod or not to Ipod?

Guest Cosmigonon

I am not a computer genius and just need something to store my music in so that I can take to the gym and in the car with me.

I wanted exactly the same things you did, and I bought an iPod. Best buy I've done.

CrazyC,

If you can wait a week, I will show you mine.

:o :o, I mean I will show you my Archos, , I use it all the time for Music and Photos.

I have gone on a 8 day trip and downloaded 20GB of pictures to this. It is fast, like 8 min for 2 GB to transfer from CF card.

You can also use it for MP3, AVI, and other formats. Good Battery life.

gmini400.jpg

Really cheap here. I ordered it here and got mine in 4 days.

http://buyeretail.com/product.asp?i=ARCGMINI400

Archos site: http://www.archos.com/products/overview/gmini_400.html

Guest swirlundergrounder

hey forgot to mention, I really enjoy you and lee and laura feeling each others tits up on the patio....

:o

I second that :o :o

CrazyC,

If you can wait a week, I will show you mine.

:o :o, I mean I will show you my Archos, , I use it all the time for Music and Photos.

I have gone on a 8 day trip and downloaded 20GB of pictures to this. It is fast, like 8 min for 2 GB to transfer from CF card.

You can also use it for MP3, AVI, and other formats. Good Battery life.

gmini400.jpg

Really cheap here. I ordered it here and got mine in 4 days.

http://buyeretail.com/product.asp?i=ARCGMINI400

Archos site: http://www.archos.com/products/overview/gmini_400.html

Can I choose which one I want you to show me? :P

Im not buying anything immediately. Im still recovering from my travels.

I am not a computer genius and just need something to store my music in so that I can take to the gym and in the car with me.

I wanted exactly the same things you did, and I bought an iPod. Best buy I've done.

u bought the pink one didn't you? ;)

i was looking for a mini when they first came out, but wasnt sure if i needed anything over 1gb...only gonna use it at the gym...im getting tired of knowing all the songs my gym plays on their video screens...aka golds

Guest barstar diana

Yeah I need photo storage and video capability. What I'm eventually looking for is for PDAs or PDAphones to overcome their anemic storage. 1 gig? I shoot 1 gig a night.

i have a tungsten and it rocks--- it plays my mp3's, plays back clips, photostorage, and i take it to class, pull out my infared keyboard and viola notes on the go. internet and everything on this puppy....i forwent the ipod for the tungsten and i'm very happy with my choice...although i wont take the tungsten to the gym cuz im scared ill mess it up...maybe and ipod shuffle if ur just going for the gym mp3 player

p1685671_new_dt.jpg

Guest Cosmigonon

I love my ipod. It is my favorite thing to take to the gym with me!!!!

do you use the belt clip or do you have the arm blacelet thing? i was considering the shuffle since it would be a lil bit smaller, but than i wanted to store all my sets and maybe 1gig wouldnt be enough...im looking at size more than anything

I use the belt clip. My arms are too big for the bracelet... :P

do you use the belt clip or do you have the arm blacelet thing? i was considering the shuffle since it would be a lil bit smaller, but than i wanted to store all my sets and maybe 1gig wouldnt be enough...im looking at size more than anything

that's hot we should go out sometime ur deff my kind of guy ::)

on a serious note, i think im going for the shuffle...prob gonna go to bestbuy and get me one cuz on ebay they r going for about 130-150 shipped, bestbuy retails for 149.99 and i dont have to wait over a week to get one

Guest Cosmigonon

on a serious note, i think im going for the shuffle...prob gonna go to bestbuy and get me one cuz on ebay they r going for about 130-150 shipped, bestbuy retails for 149.99 and i dont have to wait over a week to get one

I got the 20 Gig one. I'm just too lazy to be changing the songs, that's why i didn't get the shuffle one.

The thing that I dont like about the shuffle is that you never know what song is on/coming up b/c there is no display, hence the "shuffle" name.

Guest Cosmigonon

The thing that I dont like about the shuffle is that you never know what song is on/coming up b/c there is no display, hence the "shuffle" name.

Exactly. I'm glad I didn't get that one.

well u can create your own playlist w/ the software that comes with it, same software w/ the other ipods, so by creating ur own playlists u would know whats next, i dont have 20gigs of music so personally i wouldnt have any reason for something larger than maybe 4gigs, the 1 gig would be fine for me though.