Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shelborne Hotel opening new club, called Shine

V. Barbarino

Guest ramon

you guys have no clue at all .. you understand that there is may 10 people who might know who these people are outside of berlin/uk ?

its not financially viable for any of these people to play here atm .. hopefully if something were to happen and this music would catch on than we might be able to talk about it, but right now its a losing situation for everyone.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest durrtylexx

big thankyou to southbeach-usa for your wonderful complimentry article and thankyou all for your suggestions on muiscal talent... keep em coming as I am taking all into consideration. waiting for total confirmation on opening wknd talent but something tells me you will all be very pleased on our guests and our resident dj ??? any guess's?

how about A LOT of Jimmy T? he's been playing funky nasty dirty tech house...i just listened to his last set at Blue... :o

jimmy will be in quite a bit though just as I supported him at nerve ;D

nice.. :)

Guest klubveteran

Parks and Wilson are no more. Mick Wilson is working on some rock band now...

woops. thanks for letting me know. i am out of the loop.

But thanks to this trusty nightlife site COOLJUNKIE i am able to find news and notes like this.

;D

dont worry this ad is on the house ;)

Guest djjoncowan

mick wilson is still dj'ing lots and also working on a band.. parks in still producing with killohurtz but not dj'ing much... concentrating on family now but wilsons dj'ing is as good and frequent as ever in europe...

Guest djjoncowan

yo Jon,

Should I make a call to Kevin Saunderson / Mike "Agent X" Clark / John AquaV. ?

Let me know?

8) Congrats...

thanks! and very possibly 8)

Guest djjoncowan

mick wilson is still dj'ing lots and also working on a band.. parks in still producing with killohurtz but not dj'ing much... concentrating on family now but wilsons dj'ing is as good and frequent as ever in europe... -

see pod - you don't know everything... LOL - mick dj's more than the band but works on both... here's something i bet none of you know - did you know john graham(quivver) is now also doing vocals for planet funk???? - even doing some live shows with them... theres something for ya to chew on....

Guest djjoncowan

that's slick. 8)

I never claimed to know everything, that's Saleen's job. ;D

lol - thought you and nick were meeting me for a walk through?? ???

Guest coach

So, I've had a little time to think about what I'd like to see. Obviously, from my previous post, I don't names and tracks of the performers that I prefer. So, I'm not going there.

But what I would *really*, really, REALLY like to request is something a little bit more. That is, anybody can call up a DJ and fork over the dough to get them down. But to put on really fun and exciting events is a whole other skill. To complement all these great performers/DJs that you all are going to bring down (I have no doubt of that), can you put together some other fun stuff? Dancers are always good, if they are more than just plain booty-shakers. Other types of live performance are fun. Contests liven things up. What about rotating art displays? Fashion displays? Decor, of course, play a big part in making a party fun. Comfortable seating. Will there be food of any kind? That would rock. FRIENDLY STAFF! By that I don't necessarily mean soft and easy to manipulate staff, but there are ways to maintain your atmosphere without being a jerk about it most of the time.

Well, anyway, you get the point. Music is nice, but there's a lot more that goes into a great party.

Guest djjoncowan

So, I've had a little time to think about what I'd like to see. Obviously, from my previous post, I don't names and tracks of the performers that I prefer. So, I'm not going there.

But what I would *really*, really, REALLY like to request is something a little bit more. That is, anybody can call up a DJ and fork over the dough to get them down. But to put on really fun and exciting events is a whole other skill. To complement all these great performers/DJs that you all are going to bring down (I have no doubt of that), can you put together some other fun stuff? Dancers are always good, if they are more than just plain booty-shakers. Other types of live performance are fun. Contests liven things up. What about rotating art displays? Fashion displays? Decor, of course, play a big part in making a party fun. Comfortable seating. Will there be food of any kind? That would rock. FRIENDLY STAFF! By that I don't necessarily mean soft and easy to manipulate staff, but there are ways to maintain your atmosphere without being a jerk about it most of the time.

Well, anyway, you get the point. Music is nice, but there's a lot more that goes into a great party.

coach,

i couldn't agree more. for your info we are going to offer a tapas and small sushi menu - finger food. I also know that we need to do a lot. I want "shine" to be an experience more than a club night. we have lots of rooms and atmosphere in the entire hotel complex and really plan to utalize all of it to keep it interesting. Like I said, I want people to have an expirience. My hope it to give us all something completely different and most of all, fun!

coach,

i couldn't agree more. for your info we are going to offer a tapas and small sushi menu - finger food. I also know that we need to do a lot. I want "shine" to be an experience more than a club night. we have lots of rooms and atmosphere in the entire hotel complex and really plan to utalize all of it to keep it interesting. Like I said, I want people to have an expirience. My hope it to give us all something completely different and most of all, fun!

That sounds like a great idea.....i really hope that takes off. I totally agree about the friendly staff. Make them more approachable and kinda like personalities, people that you look forwad to seeing there. You guys know what i mean, your fav bartender or vip girl at whatever club you go to. Saleen can tell you....he has those at every spot. *lol*

Guest djjoncowan

coach,

That sounds like a great idea.....i really hope that takes off. I totally agree about the friendly staff. Make them more approachable and kinda like personalities, people that you look forwad to seeing there. You guys know what i mean, your fav bartender or vip girl at whatever club you go to. Saleen can tell you....he has those at every spot. *lol*

;)

Guest djjoncowan

the staff at the shelbourne is amazing and im sure this will be only be a great addition.

thanks ramon..... all good with the conf I assume? 8)

Guest coach

coach,

Hey Jon,

Ha ha! Yeah, honestly, with the people involved I have no doubts. But, I just wanted to get it in writing! Really looking forward to it.

Guest djjoncowan

coach,

Hey Jon,

Ha ha! Yeah, honestly, with the people involved I have no doubts. But, I just wanted to get it in writing! Really looking forward to it.

thanks mate. Look forward to seeing you on a regular basis. At nerve, my hands were a bit tied in what we were financially able to do as well as limited on size but this project is different. With a guy like gerry kelly involved I am sure you can imagine the creativity he is using to put together the "other" stuff. I've wanted to work with gerry for years and I am really excited about this working partnership. Can't wait to "shine" at the shelborne with all of you! thanks again~

Jon

Guest coach

Ha! Just noticed that there is a condo for sale at the Shelborne. Sorely tempting, too bad it is only a studio.