Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shelborne Hotel opening new club, called Shine

V. Barbarino

Guest mr. wilkins

wow... guess the cat is out of the bag. leave it to saleen.. its all good though, no secrete to what we are doing. anyways, I think those of you familliar with me know that The shelborne is owned by my family and we are in the process of a multi-million dollar renovation consisting of our lobby, one meeting room, our 800+ person three teir theatre style ballroom that still has its original shape as done in the 1930's and last but not least, the pool deck. In responce to macboys comment we are not concentrating on the outside as we have the indoor space that the other properties are lacking or not utalizing. we will have some sound outside but mostly ambient or downtempo music with hammocks and day beds for comfort. the pool deck is not the focus of our project in fact, it will be a bit of an escape if nothing more. Steve dash and co (formally phason) have been hired to do the sound which we are thrilled about and as saleen said, we may use some of the components from the arc system in nyc as originally designed for danny t in our ballroom and with the three environments all complete with steve dash engineered sound it gives us lots to work with in terms of musical format and flexibility... The players involved thus far our myself and gerry kelly who is the former marketing director of venues such as bash, liquid, bar room, level, shadow lounge, pacha (ibiza) and state. I was musical director of groovejet and most recently nerve and plan to bring in top talent on a regular basis in all music genere's. Anyways, I am thrilled to be working on this project and hope to bring you a comfortable welcoming indoor/outdoor living room like environment complete with tapas, specialty signiture drinks, and most importantly, top dj's on a state of the art steve dash designed sound system. Hoping to finally do something a little bit different then the typical south beach venue... so come november I will hope to have a shot with all the cj'ers for the grand opening of "SHINE" @ the shelborne beach resort.... ;D - stay tuned for the opening weekend lineup! I am sure it will be something that will please you all (at least I hope so - LOL) 8)

Awesome News Jon... :D

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest djjoncowan

thanks josh. kevin is actually helping me with the decor design so I am sure you can get a feel for the place knowing his stuff... get in touch with me. get my number from kev or email jonathancowan@mac.com - maybe we can do some double bookings ??? 8)

Guest djjoncowan

Yeah, Jon, that is excellent news! Good luck to you, you know we will be by regularly.

thanks for the support...we are all really excited

8)

Guest Diabolique

Zabiela. Chris Milo (well, that's more tech-house, but... it doesn't hurt to ask.) ;D

Good Luck Jon!

Guest progress

Jon, this is the dj eddie g staff. Great news

I'm sure we can do something for you and Jerry.

call us!

South Beach Miami Productions

the progressive people

8)

Guest kurtispm8

Sounds great Jon, looking forward to this...

Let me know when you want me to bring my rekkids down... ;)

;D ;D

Guest ddg

hybrid, infusion, satoshi, meat katie, dave seamen , evil 9

james lavelle, matt dekay , clive henry

Guest teabag

any suggestions on talent you guys would like to see? give me your opinions..... 8)

Francois k and kevin yost that will set an example to follow 8)

Guest djjoncowan

Soul Mekanik (Live!)

Kelvin for president! or did I say resident?? I am confused.... LOL

Guest ashish

i have a felling that you might see....just might see....i don't know...frankie knuckles or derrick carter or honey....ORRR ALL THREE.....

;)

Guest djjoncowan

i have a felling that you might see....just might see....i don't know...frankie knuckles or derrick carter or honey....ORRR ALL THREE.....

;)

hmmmm.... interesting... we all know derrick and frankie. are you referring to miss honey dijon when you say honey? I know she/he is a chicago dj... played with her once in mexico.. if its the same person she was fucking amaing... interesting suggestion..

Guest james stratus

;)

hmmmm.... interesting... we all know derrick and frankie. are you referring to miss honey dijon when you say honey? I know she/he is a chicago dj... played with her once in mexico.. if its the same person she was fucking amaing... interesting suggestion..

Honey Dijon is a great DJ and a really good person. Saw her (or him/her) at Level a few years back, and cooresponded for a while after on some tracks we traded. Def needs to be brought back down here for a proper gig.

Guest thehog

Soul Mekanik (Live!)

sounds good to me Soul Mekanik throws down some beats.

Kelvin for president! or did I say resident?? I am confused.... LOL

Guest james stratus

Franie Bones + Adam X + Heather Heart please! ;D

Also...

Thomas Penton

Marco V

Satoshi Tommie

Max Graham

Juan Atkins

CZR

Ben Watt

Eddie Haliwell

Taylor

And the list goes on...

(I know I spelled some names wrong, so don't shoot me)

Not all are likely for your club, but just a few would be nice ;D

... to see ANYWHERE in Miami outside of WMC if anything.