Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lego Coruscant: The City of My Creation

Guest Slide On The Ice

Guest Slide On The Ice

I'm bored, so I figured I would share with my Junkie pals my hobby of the last few years, my city of Lego. It is on an eight foot long, three and a half feet wide table, and consists of over 30,000 pieces of Lego. The largest spire is over three feet tall, and most of the largest ones are near or over two feet tall.

If you've watched the last 3 Star Wars movies, know that the inspiration for this labor of love was the city-planet Coruscant seen in all three of those films. The buildings in that city were monstrously huge, most one to a few miles high, and in my model one foot equals about a mile in scale.

TovopolisNew39.jpg

TovopolisNew4600x400.jpg

TovopolisNew15400x600.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

More to come...

Guest Slide On The Ice

TovopolisNew19400x600.jpg

TovopolisNew10400x600.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

Tovopolis38600x450.jpg

Tovopolis37450x600.jpg

TovopolisNewLandingPlatformTouched4.jpg

People always ask me which city on Earth this is, and I have to explain that it is not Earth, nor even our galaxy, that it is a model of a city planet in a galaxy far, far away. Yet despite it not being our world, I still made a tribute to the Twin Towers atop the pedestal of the roof of another building. You can see the Twin Towers monument, built to scale with the rest of the city...which should give you a clear idea of how mammoth those structures really are.

TovopolisNew30500x750.jpg

TovopolisNew14400x600.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

TovopolisNew23500x750.jpg

Guest Slide On The Ice

glad to see u finally share it with the junkies.......... i still have to see it in person........ that shit is amazing...... very detailed 8)

Thanks bud. Though I am dissappointed that I didn't warrant a "Impressive, most impressive..." from you of all people. What kind of SW geek do you call yourself anyway? ::)

Guest Slide On The Ice

do they have titty bars in your city ??? ??? ???

No city is complete without titty bars. But the ones in that city have verrrrrrrry small titties in them.

Guest Slide On The Ice

what would you do if you had a fire?

I would shield the city with my body.

lol...how are u gonna transport it when u move? u should make a lego trailer as well so u could transport it safely ;D

Do you want to buy a condo in my city, Tribal? I promise your mortgage will be approved!

Transporting it is going to be a bitch. The base is in sections which can be seperated, and the tall buildings are removable from their bases with some pulling and manuevering. I'm going to photograph all the buldings from all angles and then remove them and pack them in padding, with the photos to help me put them back together when/if they break up in transport. And then I'd wrap the bases heaviliy and carry them out sideways. Putting it back together will be the fun part. ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

You should build one of those trade federation ships and set it on fire and crash it into your lego city...LOL..