Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ebonics Being Pushed onto Black Students

Guest slamminshaun

Guest slamminshaun

Instead of teaching them English, the schools are now going to encourage black students into using Ebonics to keep them interested in school. My question is this: Just because the California school system accepts Ebonics, will the employers of the real world accept it? It's a dog eat dog world out there. Is this school system preparing these students for what lies ahead of them, or just masking the problem so they don't have to deal with it head-on?

http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208~12588~2969790,00.html

Guest tiltmiami

dont get me started on this subject cause u people will see a side of me that most of u will not like

just one thing BLACK PEOPLE GOT TO BE DIFFERENT IN EVERY WAY THEIR COLLEGE LEAGUE THEIR OWN TV STATION(BLACK STAR POWER) LOVE WHEN BET SAY THAT AND If WHITE PEOPLE TRY TO HAVE OUR OWN TV STATION THEY WOULD SAY THAT WE ARE RACIST AND ETC

dont get me started on this subject cause u people will see a side of me that most of u will not like

just one thing BLACK PEOPLE GOT TO BE DIFFERENT IN EVERY WAY THEIR COLLEGE LEAGUE THEI OWN TV(BLACK STA POWER) LOVE WHEN BET SAY THAT AND US WHITE PEOPLE IF WE TRY TO HAVE OUR OWN TV STATION THEY WOULD SAY THAT WE ARE RACIST AND ETC

Was that typed in ebonics? ???

Guest tiltmiami

just one thing BLACK PEOPLE GOT TO BE DIFFERENT IN EVERY WAY THEIR COLLEGE LEAGUE THEI OWN TV(BLACK STA POWER) LOVE WHEN BET SAY THAT AND US WHITE PEOPLE IF WE TRY TO HAVE OUR OWN TV STATION THEY WOULD SAY THAT WE ARE RACIST AND ETC

yes it was

Guest slamminshaun

:o :-X

Guest Slide On The Ice

Sheet, yo foos, I done had nuff wid yous sayin what yous sayin bouts what we's sayin and all. Whatsa matta wid da way we's talken? Ya crackas.

Guest tiltmiami

Sheet, yo foos, I done had nuff wid yous sayin what yous sayin bouts what we's sayin and all. Whatsa matta wid da way we's talken? Ya crackas.

LOL,imagine someone at ur work talking to u like that

Guest slamminshaun

What's sad is when a black kid does speak proper English, he's made fun of by other black students. Why is speaking proper English a bad thing? Why would you be an "uncle Tom" for saying "Four" instead of "Foe"?

The most important thing you can master in this world is the English language. It will get you farther then anything else.

What's sad is when a black kid does speak proper English' date=' he's made fun of by other black students. Why is speaking proper English a bad thing? Why would you be an "uncle Tom" for saying "Four" instead of "Foe"?

The most important thing you can master in this world is the English language. It will get you farther then anything else.

[/quote']

Agreed. Even if you dont know what you are talking about, at least SOUND like you know....

Guest Slide On The Ice

people speak the english language in every other country

I have met and hung out with several people from other countries, both those who visited here and those who recently moved here....and what is shocking is that some of them speak better English than many black teens I've encountered. And I don't mean my friends from Britain. LOL

I had an ex-girlfriend from Colombia, who spoke absolute perfect English (French too), though she was born and raised in Bogota rather than here.

And, I have a friend in Argentina who works for MCI and she is on the phone a lot talking to businesses in the US, who also speaks better than many of the black youth I've met in the last few years (as an employer and retailer). Sad, but true.

Guest Slide On The Ice

LOL,imagine someone at ur work talking to u like that

I have had that. I even had an employee who I hired for whatever reason, even though her speech later bothered more than I thought it would. And too many times I'd hear from friends or family that when they called work after I had left, she told them, "Who, Ron? Who be this? Nah, he done left areddy." (already) I couldn't fire her for her speech, and it embarrassed me that I'd overlooked that. But she was a nice person and I often corrected her and tried to help her speak gooder English. Sadly, I ain't had much luck with that. ;)

Guest tiltmiami

people speak the english language in every other country

I have met and hung out with several people from other countries, both those who visited here and those who recently moved here....and what is shocking is that some of them speak better English than many black teens I've encountered. And I don't mean my friends from Britain. LOL

I had an ex-girlfriend from Colombia, who spoke absolute perfect English (French too), though she was born and raised in Bogota rather than here.

And, I have a friend in Argentina who works for MCI and she is on the phone a lot talking to businesses in the US, who also speaks better than many of the black youth I've met in the last few years (as an employer and retailer). Sad, but true.

lot of this has to do with the music selection

Down here in fla people are very poor now if u go to like Boston even NYC Black people are trying to prove them self to the world as educated people and some of them up north are very very educated

Guest macboy

LMAO! I was thinking the same thing.

All hail the king of ebonics! :P

Guest slamminshaun

airj.jpg

excuse me stewardess, i speak jive.

Cut me som' slac' jak! Chump don wan no help, chump don git no help. Jive ass dude don got no brains anyhow.

Guest Slide On The Ice

airj.jpg

excuse me stewardess' date=' i speak jive.

[/quote']

Cut me som' slac' jak! Chump don wan no help, chump don git no help. Jive ass dude don got no brains anyhow.

LMAO! One of the best scenes of that movie. You forgot to end your quote with "Sheeeeee-it!"

Guest Slide On The Ice

Werd yo.

Werd, werd, yo, on you too:

I think the whole ebonics thing is a crock of shit. Learn to speak the language properly. There are way too many people that don't speak english the right way and just sound ignorant. Would you hire an attorney/doctor that talks like he just drove in from compton?