Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what's up with the energy?

Guest bootstah

Guest bootstah

So I was in NYC over the weekend, went to a few hot spots like the Sullivan Room to catch some good underground house. Then to Spirit (which btw has the most amazing sound system ever! and not to mention that you can actually breathe and talk to people without screaming) What a great club that place is. Anyway, caught Lee Burridge friday night, and gawd, the man is amazing, non stop hard pounding set. Great night! Then Saturday night caught Deep Dish (minus Ali) Sharam was amazing, I"ve seen Deep Dish in Miami many times but have never seen a set like this before! I think it has sooo much to do with the NYC energy, I love Miami and all the peeps, but these NYC clubbers show so much love to the dj. Everyone there was having a great time, of course induced by other things, however, the energy is very positive and makes the party soo much better. I think the Miami scene would be so much better if we had this same type of attitude.

ok ramble ended.........time for all of u to stomp on my thread! :P

Guest pod

And stomp I will. I actually have more fun in Miami than New York. I've found the New York crowds to be quite standoffish and not tolerant of newcomers.

Guest bootstah

yea i met a lot of idiots, but, i'm not saying i don't like the miami scene, i absolutely love it! Just saying that some times at the clubs, the energy is where we are lacking.

Guest bootstah

yeah, well the NYC crowd is wayy different, and I met soo many people that loved the fact that I was a visitor, maybe u just ran into some jerks who left u with a bad taste in your mouth.

All I"m saying is that to see Deep Dish play a set like that and still have that much energy, it was absolutely sick! I love it when they come to Space but they rocked it like I've never seen em before! They were very very appreciated!

Guest ROcKiNrOx

Who cares....Miami is awesome and New York too...Its just a different atmosphere...and Djs can have their good days and bad days....now drop it! :P

Guest Devilicious

yea i met a lot of idiots, but, i'm not saying i don't like the miami scene, i absolutely love it! Just saying that some times at the clubs, the energy is where we are lacking.

Of course that is going to be the case..... any given night here there Ibiza or London could be better or worse than any given night in Vegas Tokyo DC or Orlando. Energy, music, vibe, it is all transient. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. personally I think Crobar and the Space patio are two venues that maintain an excellent energy level with the crowds keeping a positive attitude most of the time.

Of course you can't forget the energy depends largely on the music. If it ain't happening it just ain't happening.

Sometimes your perception of things is influenced by your own mood and attitude as well. It's human nature to see pleasantries when having a good time, and on the other hand if you come into a new experience expecting not to like it, that's probably what will happen

Of course that is going to be the case..... any given night here there Ibiza or London could be better or worse than any given night in Vegas Tokyo DC or Orlando. Energy, music, vibe, it is all transient. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good. personally I think Crobar and the Space patio are two venues that maintain an excellent energy level with the crowds keeping a positive attitude most of the time.

Of course you can't forget the energy depends largely on the music. If it ain't happening it just ain't happening.

Sometimes your perception of things is influenced by your own mood and attitude as well. It's human nature to see pleasantries when having a good time, and on the other hand if you come into a new experience expecting not to like it, that's probably what will happen

well said

Guest coach

Miami is MUCH more laid back than NYC. We like it that way. Miami is where many New Yorkers come to take a break. Many of the people who actually live here are kind of like always on vacation. So, of course, it is not going to be as intense here.

I have to agree though, the crowds in NY and Miami tend to be very different. I personally prefer the crowds in NYC. But hey that's my opinion. You have to actually see for yourself and compare. It's hard to explain. Different cities different people, it's that simple.... let's not even make a big issue out of this.

Guest dudeitzdiesel

NYC is a much harder and longer partying crowd then us...oh wait that's because of the tina!!! ;)

NYC is a much harder and longer partying crowd then us...oh wait that's because of the tina!!! ;)

No shit' date='lol. They're fucking crazy up there. Last time i went to Crobar NY the party went on till 7pm the next day!!

[/quote']

i think we should hit up nyc i hear house music up there is Fierrcceee!

but really, it's been well over 4 years i believe for me...would love to take a trip up there for the weekend

No shit,lol. They're fucking crazy up there. Last time i went to Crobar NY the party went on till 7pm the next day!!

but really, it's been well over 4 years i believe for me...would love to take a trip up there for the weekend

We'll organize a trip soon. Let's see if Lexx if down for it.

Guest Electric Eel

I've been out in NY a bunch of times and I love NY, but for me Miami is definitely better.

Guest mursa

lol...tina is very rampant in the MIA too nigga . . . check yoself ! :D

Guest durrtylexx

No shit' date='lol. They're fucking crazy up there. Last time i went to Crobar NY the party went on till 7pm the next day!!

[/quote']

I fucking love NYC, I'm down for a trip. I have family up there and a shit load of friends.

NYC clubs and lounges are better than Miami's.. that just my opinion.

The only time Miami can compare with NYC is during conference..thats it.

Guest mursa

There are bounds to be differences in the nightlife scene ...especially when your comparing a city of 3-4 million (sofla) and one of nearly 9 million (nyc) ...

...more people , more choices , and nyc is also a region with more $$ .

Guest Cosmigonon

There are bounds to be differences in the nightlife scene ...especially when your comparing a city of 3-4 million (sofla) and one of nearly 9 million (nyc) ...

...more people , more choices , and nyc is also a region with more $$ .

Exactly.

Guest dudewithatude

I don't think anything's wrong with the energy in Miami. Miami is where I learned about energy in nightclubs. And as much as I know it's said, I don't think it's fair to compare the two. It's funny, because on NY boards, people complain about the exact same thing...why isn't NY fun anymore...what's up with the energy here...we have no good superclubs anymore...blah blah. It's all about perspective.

No shit,lol. They're fucking crazy up there. Last time i went to Crobar NY the party went on till 7pm the next day!!

I fucking love NYC, I'm down for a trip. I have family up there and a shit load of friends.

we should go sometime this year hopefully sometime in the summer to avoid the blizzards and ice

Guest durrtylexx

we should go sometime this year hopefully sometime in the summer to avoid the blizzards and ice

let's do it! i actually like the fall.. october perhaps? i'll pm you..

let's do it! i actually like the fall.. october perhaps? i'll pm you..

Yeah i like the fall, when it starts getting a little brisk. Summers in NY can be brutal. We'll do this in oct for sure.