Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The future of Downtown Miami is indeed a bright one

Bling

This past friday, myself and Dan Vidal attended a press conference/ribbon cutting event for the new

GRand Promenade Entertainment District in downtown.

attended by media, clubowners and Government officials (including the Mayor of Miami Manny Diaz) they discussed the future of the area.

we also too a tour of the promendade (the former alleyway) and ended up at nocturnal for champagne in honor of the Mayor's contributions to the City of Miami

my article to be up very soon...

in the meantime....

Bling and the Honorable Mayor of Miami Manny Diaz

mayor3.jpg

Guest pod

The bums and crackheads help nightlife? Not really. Most clubgoers I know do not want crackheads and the homeless within a mile of themselves.

Both Space and Nocturnal have large police details assigned to them, and I regularly see a cruiser now out back.

There's still problems in the surrounding areas, yes, but I will say there's been a change for the better this year.

Guest dirtyhouse777

It almost seems like the police don't care, simply because they would be helping the club life.

park on the street anywhere within a 1/4 mile of space and upon returning see how your car window and any valuables within your car have magically disappeared :o ??? :o

Guest pod

With three megaclubs in the area now, it is time for a smaller venue to open up and take hold. I'd like to see a Blue-sized place open up.

Guest james stratus

and maybe a pizza joint too, gotta get grub sometimes from all that dancing...

That cafe on ~14th and Biscayne by WLRN should stay open nights and weekends these days. They would make a lot of money from the club folks as they are the only spot over there except for the Bodega 3 blocks in.. but that corner store is not for the faint of heart ::)

It almost seems like the police don't care, simply because they would be helping the club life.

park on the street anywhere within a 1/4 mile of space and upon returning see how your car window and any valuables within your car have magically disappeared :o ??? :o

i guess the payed parking lots would be the answer to this or putting ur valuables in places that won't be as noticeable...ect ect...ive been lucky

but its just plain o common sense

Guest pontifex

Yeah, that guy is pretty awesome. I can almost hear someone in the background yelling "Chug! Chug! Chug!"

Guest coach

I didn't read any of this thread.. i just wanted to comment on the dude drinkin' the brew behind bling's head...

sweet ;D

Ha! Didn't even notice at first! How fuckin Miami is that?

Guest JMT

Players is right next door to Space and has a walk-up window for food, including pizza.

what time do they serve until? they are never open when i need them, and im forced to eat a street dog.

Guest pod

7 - 8 AM usually from what I gather. Anytime after that, I'm usually out the door and can wait a bit to cross the bridge and go to 11th Street Diner.