Clubplanet Nightlife Community

So I see Space has finally done it...

Guest web_norah

DC 10 is a parking lot Ramon, have you ever been there?

it is a dump with great music / lineups but the venue is as nice as the car lot across the way from Space. no AC. nowhere to sit.

thats usually what happens with great music and lineups :(

i'd be happy if i could get that talent this side of the bond in a shitty venue :-)

if there is anything that you'd want done, dont copy what others are doing, create your own thing, sorta like IO or Pawn Shop, those places are awesome in terms of the venue concept ...

and for the music, you need an audience and good promotions/ marketing machine to make it worthwhile, i just dont see the Miami crowd taking in the likes or talent of DC and turning out great $$ or masses. think small and then go bigger, imo.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pod

I said it in another thread, but Miami needs a small high-tech venue for the downtown area. I'm talking like Blue-sized, but with suitable lighting and sound reinforcement. Too often, the small venues scrimp on the important things, like sound and lighting. The whole dark-vault concept does nothing for me.

Guest Ariel

Definately. and in my opinion Space has the BEST hip hop DJs in Miami right now so its going to be a really good night.

Dam there goes the neighborhood for Nocturnal Hip Hop Fridays. As far as Dj's are concerned I dont think any hip Hop Dj in the Space Camp can match Craze.

yea but Craze is a different story. Craze is the scratch master! he plays the best hip hop thats for sure, which is shit from back then, early 90's which barely any DJ plays in miami. those "oh shit" jams. i like crazy a lot dont get me wrong.

But as far as DJs who actually have a HUGE following has to go to Vertigo and Mike E Simm

please do not compare Craze and Mike Simm or Vertigo

Craze is an international act who travels the globe and is a 6 time world dmc champion.

Mike Simm and Vertigo dont leave miami ;)

Just stating that here in miami, Space has the best hip hop djs right now, the ones who bring a huge crowd to a club, and generate lots of money. they are also very talanted just not as technical as Craze.

Craze is the man and i give him props. Hes been Djing forever and his skill in mixing and scratching is incredible. but # 1 reason why he tours is cause hes 6 time DMC champion! if it wasnt for that i dont think he'll be as big.

Guest web_norah

I said it in another thread, but Miami needs a small high-tech venue for the downtown area. I'm talking like Blue-sized, but with suitable lighting and sound reinforcement. Too often, the small venues scrimp on the important things, like sound and lighting. The whole dark-vault concept does nothing for me.

chin strokers love dark holes in the wall, kind of like Cractus but without the boy on boy action.

Guest pod

That's the thing I've never understood, that these chin-strokers would want to preserve their hearing. I guess I'm too schooled in the ways of quality sound and lighting to go back.

Ultimate trainspotters like David Mancuso would keel over if they had to put up with sub-standard sound reinforcement.

If some crazy investor has 2 mill, I've got some ideas. 8)

Guest ramon

it is a dump with great music / lineups but the venue is as nice as the car lot across the way from Space. no AC. nowhere to sit.

thats usually what happens with great music and lineups :(

i'd be happy if i could get that talent this side of the bond in a shitty venue :-)

if there is anything that you'd want done, dont copy what others are doing, create your own thing, sorta like IO or Pawn Shop, those places are awesome in terms of the venue concept ...

and for the music, you need an audience and good promotions/ marketing machine to make it worthwhile, i just dont see the Miami crowd taking in the likes or talent of DC and turning out great $$ or masses. think small and then go bigger, imo.

its hard not to copy, but we'd obviously put our own spin on it as we a) don't have access to those dj's or that music at such an upfront basis. B) people don't get it here *yet* c) the folks are buying this stuff in masses every where else except here.

yeah promotions and marketting would be great (i don't know many people as passionate about this movement who would have the same reasons for doing it .. if there are out there hit me up please .. cause i have a few ideas) .. i think miami would like it .. hell maybe even love it .. there's just not enough of it around .. i try to do my part and my parties, but how many people look at it as something different and not just yet another house (edm) party (nothing against house i just think this scene down here could do with some fuckin diversity).

power in numbers imo .. there's only so much a few people can do .. link up a few more and you can scream louder.

ps: i love what i/o is providing us .. an oppurtunity to do something here .. sure its not a huge venue, but we gotta start somewhere or else i might as continue complaining on this messageboard for the rest of time that this music doesn't get heard enough.

Guest web_norah

That's the thing I've never understood, that these chin-strokers would want to preserve their hearing. I guess I'm too schooled in the ways of quality sound and lighting to go back.

Ultimate trainspotters like David Mancuso would keel over if they had to put up with sub-standard sound reinforcement.

and Mancuso couldnt even mix well

but he did his legendary parties, and people loved his style.

Guest ramon

i like sound as much as the next guy .. lighting doesn't really do much for me .. visuals on the other hand that's a different story .. make the music match the visuals and you got your self a serious mindfuck.

Guest aj2234

Definately. and in my opinion Space has the BEST hip hop DJs in Miami right now so its going to be a really good night.

Dam there goes the neighborhood for Nocturnal Hip Hop Fridays. As far as Dj's are concerned I dont think any hip Hop Dj in the Space Camp can match Craze.

yea but Craze is a different story. Craze is the scratch master! he plays the best hip hop thats for sure, which is shit from back then, early 90's which barely any DJ plays in miami. those "oh shit" jams. i like crazy a lot dont get me wrong.

But as far as DJs who actually have a HUGE following has to go to Vertigo and Mike E Simm

please do not compare Craze and Mike Simm or Vertigo

Craze is an international act who travels the globe and is a 6 time world dmc champion.

Mike Simm and Vertigo dont leave miami ;)

Just stating that here in miami, Space has the best hip hop djs right now, the ones who bring a huge crowd to a club, and generate lots of money. they are also very talanted just not as technical as Craze.

Craze is the man and i give him props. Hes been Djing forever and his skill in mixing and scratching is incredible. but # 1 reason why he tours is cause hes 6 time DMC champion! if it wasnt for that i dont think he'll be as big.

have you been to Nocturnal on friday ? i think Nocs hip hop djs are pulling a large crowd also.

and craze packs the house wherever he goes around the world. If he didnt promoters wouldnt book him.

we can set up a lil battle between the two clubs hip hop djs if u wish ;)

Guest pod

That is true. You have to start somewhere. I see too many people who think they can start a party and fill up Space or Mansion in a week.

Trick here is, how do you get people in a non-music oriented town like Miami to go to a music oriented party?

Simple. You can't. You gotta get real creative with the promotions. Oddly enough, Michael Capponi's Wednesday party at BED has had on occasion the likes of Marco Carola and other DJs that I know Ramon would wet himself over. Is the party music-oriented? Not in the least. However, they have a "music head" DJ. Some of the upscale parties do that sometimes, their DJ will be some top-notch unknown producer, who is just looking to make a few extra bucks.

I'd be glad to see some DC-10 style party out this way, but you couldn't suggest the T word or the M word at any point. Sex sells, Ibiza sells, hype up where these guys have played, but don't mention techno or minimal, because people don't like those words around these parts.

Guest ramon

That is true. You have to start somewhere. I see too many people who think they can start a party and fill up Space or Mansion in a week.

Trick here is, how do you get people in a non-music oriented town like Miami to go to a music oriented party?

Simple. You can't. You gotta get real creative with the promotions. Oddly enough, Michael Capponi's Wednesday party at BED has had on occasion the likes of Marco Carola and other DJs that I know Ramon would wet himself over. Is the party music-oriented? Not in the least. However, they have a "music head" DJ. Some of the upscale parties do that sometimes, their DJ will be some top-notch unknown producer, who is just looking to make a few extra bucks.

I'd be glad to see some DC-10 style party out this way, but you couldn't suggest the T word or the M word at any point. Sex sells, Ibiza sells, hype up where these guys have played, but don't mention techno or minimal, because people don't like those words around these parts.

Carola didn't play B.E.D. it didn't work out :( I heard about it. Billy Patrick did play and half of the people didn't get in due to their lovely door policy and if you do hear of good dj's playing B.E.D. please let me know. I love that venue. I've spent some pretty amazing night's there all during March.

the new term is 'minimal house' cause people like house :P

Guest web_norah

not for nothing but Lust is a good example [small party with folliowing], they play music they like, bring DJs, small club, one-off gigs and they play at the MAW/ Soulfuric party every wmc

it works but it is a lot of ground work to get it going.

Guest pod

Carola didn't play B.E.D. it didn't work out

Didn't know that. I saw flyers and they were dated for the week before so I thought it went down. I remember the Bill Patrick fiasco, too.

Nonetheless though, the angle is valid. Hype up some other cool aspects of the party, and then surprise them with the musical talent.

Guest web_norah

remember all the good djs that Marco Davalos booked?

Paolo Mojo now tours with Sasha

B Patrick

Mazi

the Peruvian dudes

i dont know whether it was the venues or the fact that some people just didnt get it but it was hard to believe such small numbers that turned out for those parties.

something to think about.

Guest ramon

remember all the good djs that Marco Davalos booked?

Paolo Mojo now tours with Sasha

B Patrick

Mazi

the Peruvian dudes

i dont know whether it was the venues or the fact that some people just didnt get it but it was hard to believe such small numbers that turned out for those parties.

something to think about.

You forgot Dennis :)

anyway with most muscially driven parties we have a lack of promotion/marketing :'( :'( :'(

Guest gotdrums13

and he's a 6 time DMC champ because why??? i dont get you man...you have to be ridiculously good to win the DMC...You have to go against the best DJ's in the world! make some sense ;)

Craze is the man. Mike E Simms and Vertigo appeal to the masses and have a following that's all. And there is nothing wrong with that. But that in no way means a thing when it comes to skills. If either one of them were to take on Craze in a battle they would lose miserably, and run home to mama. LOL. It wouldn't even be a competition. They would give up after one round. End of dicussion.....Nuff Said

Craze is the man. Mike E Simms and Vertigo appeal to the masses and have a following that's all. And there is nothing wrong with that. But that in no way means a thing when it comes to skills. If either one of them were to take on Craze in a battle they would lose miserably' date=' and run home to mama. LOL. It wouldn't even be a competition. They would give up after one round. End of dicussion.....Nuff Said

[/quote']

the library's firewall is gonna track u n shut u down watch...

Guest ramon

i spoke to des yesterday and he said the vibe and music was incredible .. people were just totally up for it .. i hope one day we can have that here for that music .. he didn't even know who was playing .. but he had an awesome time.

infiltrate .. infiltrate .. infiltrate.