Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mini review: reopening of PACHA Buenos Aires

Guest dirtyhouse777

Guest dirtyhouse777

So after 8 months of being closed (due to the disco fire at the end of 2004) Pacha Buenos Aires reopened on Saturday.

dj for the evening was Phil Kieran. i had only heard of his productions, but not his djing. mixing left some to be desired, but the flow of the set was great. started with techy house and went quickly into straight techno, brought it back down with some minimal and closed banging out the strongest techno i think i've ever heard in a club. kept it going til 8 AM.

by 1:30 the club was filled to capacity (2100 people) and stayed that way until the lights came on. further i can't imagine that they used to fit 4000 people into the place :P

the vibe was unbelievable. knocked me completely on my ass. i'd have to say it was the most energy filled party i'd ever been to, one of those parties where everyone's feeling it and just going nuts. never seen anything like it.

moment of the evening: remix of Alter Ego's "Rocker", everyone in the club crouched down during the buildup and then exploding up when it dropped again ;D :D ;D wow.

afterhours was at club caix. and someone said the afterhours crowd at space was weird.... ::)

Guest web_norah

most places in So America are great not just Argentina, be Rio, Cartagena, Lima, Caracas or smaller cities. they have energy and good vibes and dont get caught up in the swank venue or latest lightining bs or chin stroking attitudes, they're just happy and want to have fun.

Guest dudeitzdiesel

definitely affordable too... its about 3:1 exchange rate...100 bucks and your balling like heffner out there

I've played almost all the best clubs in B.A. (Pacha, K, XXI, and some others I forget) and I.M.O. XXI was the biggest and best vibe and crowd I've seen in B.A. (even though it's techically in Quillmes)

It's good to know Pacha did re-open...

I was worried bcz it took so long...

maybe it's time for another little trip ;)

Thanks for the news D.H.777

Guest dirtyhouse777

he did play alloy mental, but i was outside on the patio getting some fresh air and came in at the end... that track is insane.

definitely have a different view of techno after that party. 8)

Guest ramon

he did play alloy mental, but i was outside on the patio getting some fresh air and came in at the end... that track is insane.

definitely have a different view of techno after that party. 8)

son g really makes sense whne you hear it out .. if you didnt know

alloy mental == phil kieran

Guest dirtyhouse777

something else i´ve always liked here is that in most places the music is loud, yet you can still talk to the person next to you without screaming :o

...and for that matter my ears aren´t ringing two days later. i´ts nice.