Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Suggestions for Lounges in NYC After a Wedding?

Long time no see 8)

So I have a wedding to go to on Saturday night. I'm coming back to the city with 10 people (inc me) from the wedding around midnight on sat night. I'm trying to figure out somewhere to go...We want somewhere beautiful, but not a scene and not full of meatheads. Somewhere not crazy or packed...and not cheesy--- the last thing I want to do is go to a wedding in Long Island then come to a venue in the city full of Long Island people. Plus I'd like the crowd to be somewhat mixed. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about APT, but I have no idea what a Sat. night is like there, I've really only been on a Sunday.

Please help me. :D

Guest web_norah

APT, not my favorite spot, mainly because it is too small to bring more than 4 people at a time, long lines for everything, sound is awful and it is overhyped.

a lounge environment on a Sat night, the Tribeca Grand, Delancey, Table 50...i dont know how much "mixed" crowds they get on Sat nights, (they're great on weeknights). but if it all fails, i know a great lounge in the West Village ;)

I know, I feel the same about APT. As for Table 50- look what they list as the music for saturdays:

---Rock, pop, heavy metal, hip hop, funk, soul, disco, house, electro---

That's a bad, bad sign. Why do b&t/straight/tourists all prefer such a terrible blend of garbage? What is wrong with everyone? Is it really palatable and exciting to go out and hear Bon Jovi followed by Britney followed by Vengaboys followed by 50 Cent?

I hate being the person to figure these things out. I don't even go out that much, and when I do it's usually to a few of the same places.

Guest web_norah

in that case for music, i think your best bet is Cielo, but thats not so much a lounge ... or Movida, everywhere else, Marquee, Cain, Butter, etc....are full of non desirables or the entry is a huge mission.

almost every place is commercial-driven music on a Fri | Sat night, thats just the $$ night for a lot of clubs/ lounges. music people go out weeknights and dont spend a lot of $$$.

Guest web_norah

typical GBH crowd --> young mid twenties age group [not B&T], the same people that do the BED Sundays roofdeck, the music Saturdays is dance/ rock, lot of great djs, two weeks ago it was Larry Tee and Lady Miss Kier, last Sat the Scissor Sisters drummer.

So we ended up coming back to the city and partying at my friends hotel room for awhile, then I went with a few other friends downtown to a bar, then we were all wasted and I came up with the brilliant idea of going to afterhours at Le Souk...thinking it was Sunday...but it wasnt...so it was closed...so we tried to find some afterhours and couldn't so we went back to my place. Very fun night, tho.

Guest web_norah

nice.

Le Souk is open til 4 am Sundays. ???

if that's the afterhrs you were looking for...

nevermind, come to the Village another time and i'll take u to Movida